Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Aphrodite posted:

That was Green Lantern.

Guy Goodbody posted:

No it was Green Lantern
lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Klungo make bessst ever video game, 'Hero Klungo Sssavesss Teh World.'

Is this a joke from the end of the episode or am I misremembering The Best Story Never Told?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

It's a joke from being repeated like 5 times in the episode.

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

You are being watched. :allears:

McDragon posted:

How does Superman shave?

Have you never seen the best superhero movie, Hancock?

mastajake
Oct 3, 2005

My blade is unBENDING!

Do you guys wanna keep this thread or have a new one? I could update the OP or make a new thread, but it would probably be as basic as this one was. Someone else can take a crack at it too, if they wanna make it more detailed.

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Deuce posted:

WHY DIDNT THEY JUST USE THE TIME TURNER TO KILL VOLDEMORT AS A BABY

AND WHY WOULD YOU ISSUE THIS DEVICE TO A TWELVE YEAR OLD

I...

...wait...actually that's a really good question.

loving wizards.

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
The Time Turner doesn't actually change past events. It functions on the closed-loop time travel principle, where the events that you supposed "changed" actually happened that way already in the first place, but the influence of your time travel merely allowed (allowed, not modified) how and why those events happened. It's very similar, but not identical, to the causal-loop time travel principle wherein the events that you change are actually what caused you to change the events.

BrianWilly fucked around with this message at 22:32 on Oct 1, 2016

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

That sounds like one of Rowling's many after the fact explanations for her mistakes.

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
It's a fan deduction thing, not a Rowling thing; her handwave is just that all the Time Turners got broken or something in Book 5, when they fought in the Ministry.

aBagorn
Aug 26, 2004

BrianWilly posted:

It's a fan deduction thing, not a Rowling thing; her handwave is just that all the Time Turners got broken or something in Book 5, when they fought in the Ministry.

Or did they?

odiv
Jan 12, 2003

I have no idea what you nerds are talking about.

Now do you think Wynn will help with Superman's costume too or...

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

mastajake posted:

Do you guys wanna keep this thread or have a new one? I could update the OP or make a new thread, but it would probably be as basic as this one was. Someone else can take a crack at it too, if they wanna make it more detailed.

New thread

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mastajake
Oct 3, 2005

My blade is unBENDING!

New thread is up here.

• Locked thread