Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tree Dude
May 26, 2012

AND MY SONG IS...
The marketing of Agent Carter drove me crazy by constantly pointing out that she was a lady.

"Sometimes the best man for the job... isn't a man at all!"

Stuff like that but probably not exactly that.

Love the hat

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tree Dude
May 26, 2012

AND MY SONG IS...
I was a little worried when they referenced Superman a few times without just saying Superman but then a bunch of people started saying it!

The opening line of the episode was something like "When people see the red cape they expect to see a certain someone..."

Tree Dude
May 26, 2012

AND MY SONG IS...
I was a little annoyed when she remembered the earlier lesson to "use the opponents strength against them" and then tossed her Aunt away and then started acting like the fight was over and won. Supergirl had been tossed like that by her opponent like 3 times earlier in the fight and was back in the fight in like 2 seconds each time.

Tree Dude
May 26, 2012

AND MY SONG IS...
Just pretend Superman is off dealing with some other world ending threat. This sort of conversation is like when people say "Why doesn't Cap call in the other Avengers to help with this?" that gets old quick. I've always though it would be cool, for example, if Cap or somebody were to try contacting Tony Stark but not be able to reach him then in the next big Iron Man movie have Stark receive that call at the worst possible moment. Just to sort of give people that care about these things an easier way to hand wave it away.

Tree Dude
May 26, 2012

AND MY SONG IS...
that's weird and makes me want to not watch the episodes until the following week.

Tree Dude
May 26, 2012

AND MY SONG IS...
I think the only thing that's going to be strange about going backward an episode next week is Cat Grant switching from being sorta cool and respecting Super Girl back to being all mean again.

Tree Dude
May 26, 2012

AND MY SONG IS...

BrianWilly posted:

This part was really weird and I thought I had missed something. Alex gave completely logical answers to all their questions but at the end Lucy's just like "HA! I'm gonna arrest you anyway because I don't believe you~~~~"

Yeah that was pretty awful. I was thinking something along the same lines when they talked to Manhunter, heard what he had to say and then hauled him away. It didn't matter what he told them. Then next scene they do the same thing with Alex and it's so much worse.

Tree Dude
May 26, 2012

AND MY SONG IS...
It is dumb that there wasn't security in that building or cameras or password protection or...

I don't think it was stalkery or weird but it did strike me as dumb when she just sidled up to Kara's computer.

Tree Dude
May 26, 2012

AND MY SONG IS...
A longer break with a whole different but sort of related (at least appeals to the same audience) show is better than the 1 week on 2 weeks off 2 weeks on 4 weeks off bullshit a lot of shows do to stretch to sweeps.

Tree Dude
May 26, 2012

AND MY SONG IS...
Bat v Supes is pulling in a bunch of money so that might color their decision.

Tree Dude
May 26, 2012

AND MY SONG IS...
I got over the fact that Superman isn't going to appear on Supergirl pretty quickly but there was a split second in tonight's episode where they teased him that I thought was just cruel. I know they are in the final stretch of the season and thought maybe they'd pull out all the stops.

The nature/nurture explanation was pretty silly too but :shrug: oh well!

Tree Dude
May 26, 2012

AND MY SONG IS...
I never liked the "force of will" type fight like when you get eye beam vs eye beam in Supergirl or basically any time two characters are shooting beams at eachother in animation. It usually just seems so arbitrary which character is winning or losing at any given time. Benoist sells it better than most though.

Tree Dude
May 26, 2012

AND MY SONG IS...
Apparently Superman is going to be... this guy!

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0388382/

CW likes their Teen Wolf actors, I guess.

Tree Dude
May 26, 2012

AND MY SONG IS...

Aphrodite posted:

This is the dumbest thing you've found to complain about.

Okay that's not true. But it's pretty dumb.

It's so dumb I thought it was a SA joke I didn't understand or something.

Tree Dude
May 26, 2012

AND MY SONG IS...

Burning_Monk posted:

Supes suit looks like a pair of long johns.

Costumes basically always look terrible in set photos I don't judge them too harshly until I see it on my TV. With that said character design/costuming has never been super girls strong suit. See: Silver Banshee and Red Tornado, for starters.

Tree Dude
May 26, 2012

AND MY SONG IS...

Aleph Null posted:

That Banshee costume was comic book accurate.

Which was clearly not a good decision

Tree Dude
May 26, 2012

AND MY SONG IS...

bring back old gbs posted:

So is that like a special Metallo armor Superman is wearing there, or is the S emblem a giant plaque kinda thing that hangs off his chest?

EDIT: It's some kinda device thing from the looks of the other suit photos, the emblem doesn't protrude nearly that much. Cisco crossover confirmed??

Or it has something to do with the way they apply effects and there are multiple versions of the costume for different types of scenes?

Tree Dude
May 26, 2012

AND MY SONG IS...

Fat Shat Sings posted:

Can't wait to see the supergirl cast stand around awkwardly while Felicity :qq: crytalks :qq: about how they need to remember who they are instead of planning to kill EvilThea or whatever the gently caress

It will be one of Calista Flockhart's like 3 appearances this season.

Tree Dude
May 26, 2012

AND MY SONG IS...

Kraps posted:

Why does moving to CW mean that Flockhart shows up less?

I read that was going to be the case. Didn't see any sources or anything though. presumably she's more expensive per episode?

Tree Dude
May 26, 2012

AND MY SONG IS...
I'm willing to bet he'll look totally normal on camera and all of this will be moot but that's not as fun as joking about baby Supes so carry on.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tree Dude
May 26, 2012

AND MY SONG IS...

Kraps posted:

Doesn't this come up in the comics too? I know this was a major complaint about the Marvel movies but come on, people should give it a rest already.

I've always wanted, for example, Steve Rodgers to try calling Tony Stark in a movie but for Tony to not answer. Then in the next Iron Man movie while in the heat of battle have Jarvis or whatever his ai is called these days say "incoming call from Steve Rodgers" and Tony yells "a little busy right now Jarvis!"

Just to show that sometimes they might be dealing with poo poo of their own at the same time and give anyone who complains about them not always teaming up a plausible explanation.

• Locked thread