Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

JamesBCrazy posted:

They said "cousin" nine times and "Superman" once. I guess it's just that kind of show.

I watched the leaked pilot and unless they took half the references out this is way too low. I get that they don't mention Superman because they want it to be about Supergirl, but when everything she does is compared to her "cousin" the "Superlative Man" it's tiring as hell and as clunky as it gets. Please tell me they took out the "Superlative Man" line because I'm not sure I've groaned more at a line I've heard on a TV show in years.

When I watched the leak I really liked the plane rescue scene, I thought it was amazingly well done for TV, and I liked Benoist even though I felt at times she was trying too hard. Didn't like much else.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

I like that she is still working for her lovely newspaper or whatever at the end instead of getting a job at secret government agency with her sister. Gotta keep that female demo I guess.

It's not really a Super(lative)mangirl story without a flimsily disguised job with the local media good sir.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Sober posted:

It's a pilot, it's supposed to be full of exposition and blunt lines.

The trailer for the season looked promising at least. Looks like they're gonna play up her being cocky about her powers or not holding back and stuff, interested to see where if anywhere that goes.

Oh man, looking at that preview I can say that Red Tornado may finally be the suit that actually doesn't look better outside of the promo shots. I was hoping they'd do something to make it look less like a cheap Halloween costume, but I guess not.

I mean, this is just really unfortunate: http://i.imgur.com/QescvUO.jpg

X-O fucked around with this message at 06:38 on Oct 27, 2015

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

JT Smiley posted:

That's sub-Power Rangers level costume design.

I was looking for an apt comparison and I think you nailed it. That's actually what it looks like.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Being the highest rated CW show hardly qualifies as real ratings success. I would bet more people watched Supergirl last night by accident than have ever watched an episode of Flash. Don't get me wrong it's good for CW and the rest of the networks are racing to see who can drop down that low next, but it's still just CW. In the next year or two the rest of the networks may be getting the same average ratings as them, and Fox and NBC are almost there now, but Flash's ratings hardly qualify as insane.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

socialsecurity posted:

Also I don't like how it feels like Superman never once even visited her again like she has to ask other people what he is like. It's the only blood family he has and he just ignores her?

This is what all the DC TV male heroes do to the females in their lives for at least the first season. It's to protect them you see. Expect Superman to see the error of his way and visit often and help out in between episodes next season.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

David D. Davidson posted:

I gotta ask is CBS just not on hulu? I can't find this show anywere.

CBS has its own premium service. But the last 5 episodes are usually on their website.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Someone told me the next two episodes were better than the pilot. They lied. I really like Benoist but man this show is just not good enough and she's not likable enough for me to watch anymore of it. I hope you guys continue to enjoy it though.

• Locked thread