Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Revol
Aug 1, 2003

EHCIARF EMERC...
EHCIARF EMERC...
I'll give it a chance, Melissa is great. Something really bothers me that I'm sure everyone noticed, tip-toeing around Superman. Look, I get it; it's her show. But ignoring the elephant in the room is real loving obvious. The solution is real simple: he shows up from time to time, but only as Clark Kent. Maybe in private moments with Kara as 'Kal'. But never in the suit, never showing off powers, never in a fight.

Because the alternative, having Superman be this shadow that never speaks, is loving bullshit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Revol
Aug 1, 2003

EHCIARF EMERC...
EHCIARF EMERC...
oh god dammit really

If I'm one of those kids, I'm not "afraid" I'm loving clapping harder. The guy was an rear end in a top hat, and about to kill me. Oooohhh no, the big scary alien just hurt him!

Revol
Aug 1, 2003

EHCIARF EMERC...
EHCIARF EMERC...
Cat's mother character is outrageous in every negative way.

Revol
Aug 1, 2003

EHCIARF EMERC...
EHCIARF EMERC...
Dr. Morrow is effectively fighting two people at once, and... winning? It should be no contest.

Revol
Aug 1, 2003

EHCIARF EMERC...
EHCIARF EMERC...
I really fanboyed out just then.

Revol
Aug 1, 2003

EHCIARF EMERC...
EHCIARF EMERC...
Holy poo poo, is that Indigo in the next episode? Nice.

I had forgotten, but midway through the first fight scene, I was like "Oh yeah, Lexi Alexander is directing this episode". This is the first time that the fights in this show have really clicked.

Party Plane Jones posted:

Central/Star City. Gotham doesn't have masked people yet.

I took it as Gotham. I think you're assuming that Supergirl is on the same Earth as the CW shows, which I'm pretty sure it was confirmed they aren't. Yeah, Flash is going to cross over, but his current storyline of multiple Earths allows easy explanation.

Revol
Aug 1, 2003

EHCIARF EMERC...
EHCIARF EMERC...

twistedmentat posted:

You think she's evil (like Supervillain evil not regular workplace evil) already, or that will happen later?

They've already given her their motivation. She has a lot of asperations, and they're obviously going to fall apart, and it'll be all due to Supergirl.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Revol
Aug 1, 2003

EHCIARF EMERC...
EHCIARF EMERC...

enraged_camel posted:

The only thing that's lame right now is the manufactured tension between Kara and Henshaw. I mean it's cool that he took the blame for Astra's death, but all he needs to say to Kara is, "look, she was about to slit Alex's throat and I had to stop her." That's it!

THERE IS ALWAYS ANOTHER WAY

Phoon posted:

What's the deal with krypton on this show? Was it some sort of intergalactic empire?

If it is, it goes against comic book canon. Usually Krypton has been portrayed as isolationist, to the point where space travel was outlawed.

• Locked thread