Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Aphrodite posted:

The government organization could have waited an episode. Bring her in because of the axe guy fight or something.

It was funny how Cyborg Superman didn't give a poo poo about "secret identities" constantly calling her by her name.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Superlative Man was still in there.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

nine-gear crow posted:

I hope they never reference Superman at all from here on, because for a while there it seemed like the writers were having some kind of contest to see who could reference Supes in the most oblique way possible.

I think the main villain is a bad choice because bringing in an evil Kryptonian will just beg the question of why Superman isn't helping Kara.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

sbaldrick posted:

I'd honestly laugh of they could convince Carvell to show up for one episode bit weird things are hay on TV at the moment like Bradley Copper showing up more then once in in a series.

Bradley Cooper executive produces Limitless.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

WarLocke posted:

This would explain why there's even a Limitless show. I thought the movie was pretty good but it seemed to be forgotten by everyone almost immediately.

He was executive producer on the movie too so it just seems like an idea that he's super into.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

So I guess it's safe to say Hank had his little space accident already.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

I liked his "this was a job for Supergirl" didn't like how the bad guy was just a z-list Metallo knock off.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

ARGH, I loving hate this guy so much. He's way too much of an rear end in a top hat.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Back to the shipyard, where everything happens on this show!

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Tatum Girlparts posted:

Wait was he revealed to be Martian Manhunter before and I'm forgetting it?

Yes.

Lol, J'onn.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

J'onn clowning on Lord was funny.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Man, that was a little too far for a mind wipe.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

That anti-bomb plan seemed... shaky.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

No Supergirl for us, we live next to Iowa so TV is CAUCUS CAUCUS CAUCUS.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

It'd be funny if this new guy was just Superman in one of his many alternate identities.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Okay, probably not Superman.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Chokes McGee posted:

At least they get lunches in Super-Gitmo :smith:

They actually filmed but cut a scene from The Flash where Caitlin and Barry talk while she is pushing a cart loaded down with lunches for everyone in the pipeline.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

I wonder if it was supposed to be "hell" coming to Earth or "H'el"

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

There's rumors that the Justice League movie will involve Darkseid so Supergirl probably won't use him or any of the New Gods.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

The most hosed up Legion member is the guy who can turn into a building, does so and promptly gets hit with radiation making him stay a building forever. Also the radiation makes the Legion forget he was a guy and so they just kind of live in him.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

I did kind of laugh how when her face glowed red it looked almost like the whole "Renegade" thing from Mass Effect 2.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

I thought it was kind of weird that Dean Cain just kind of wandered off for five minutes and was completely separated from the rest of the team. Who then I guess just disappeared? Also I know they wanted to have some kind of tell that it was the past but that wig was just bizarre.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

The J'onn probably isn't too far off from what they'll go with. No way he transforms as much next season.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Another thing I could see them dropping would be the practical flying effects for fight scenes. That poo poo's got to be expensive.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

WarLocke posted:

... There's an Archie show? :psyduck:

Not yet. There's one starting next season.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Heathen posted:

I will watch the first episode to see how they explain things though. Is it still an alternate dimension or did Supergirl hold hands with her friends and they fell through a portal?

Calista Flockhart is saying she's going to stay so I'm doubting a complete universe change over. They'll probably just figure out a way to bring her over for the annual crossover event episodes.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

One thing that's definitely going to change about the show is no more deserts outside of National City.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Apparently there's something about her not being a regular and going to guest star so she's not going to be in every episode anymore.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

There's still something potentially in the pipeline involving Flashdad actually being the Flash. During one of those bits where Barry was outside the universe and seeing flashes of other places one of them was an image of the 90's TV Flash.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

But will Snapper Carr have his ability to teleport by snapping his fingers?

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

That butt is goddamn ridiculous.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Rocksicles posted:

Couldn't they find a 6 foot actor?

His officially listed height is 6 foot. It's just Mehcad Brooks is well over that. They kind of accidentally shot themselves in the foot with him because they didn't originally expect to cast a Superman so they didn't have to worry about getting someone taller than him.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

In the second image the height difference doesn't look so great, so you can probably assume that the first one Tyler Hoechlin was stepping off a curb or something like that.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Mister Kingdom posted:

Unfortunately, my CW station recently became an SD-only sub channel of another network. It's window-boxing for me!

In America they've expanded the CW app to actually have their shows and not just random crap like it used to be.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Mostly likely you'll see less Kara flying during fight scenes.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

I think my only real problem with the new Superman is that he definitely doesn't look old enough to have already been an adult when Kara first came to Earth.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Over the years there have been many different reasons why Kryptonians never travelled, like they would get sick if they left or they were extremely xenophobic and didn't want to have anything to do with alien races.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Binary Logic posted:

"Heat vision" should be the ability to see heat.

Since eyes are light receptors, not projectors the concept of radiant heat vision is nonsensical from the start. Or maybe Kryptonians can also project sound waves out of their ears and use their tongues to instill flavours into food. :iiam:

All that aside, this season looks promising.

My understanding of how he got heat vision was that it kind of branched off from super vision. A writer goes "he can see through stuff with x-ray vision," someone else says "actually, he needs to be able to project x-rays from his eyes for that to work" which turns into "he can heat stuff up by shooting x-ray vision at it" and ends up with "he can shoot heat rays out of his eyes."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

mastajake posted:

Do you guys wanna keep this thread or have a new one? I could update the OP or make a new thread, but it would probably be as basic as this one was. Someone else can take a crack at it too, if they wanna make it more detailed.

New thread

• Locked thread