Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
I love TitS.

Thank you for providing me with TitS to play with.

Seriously though, need to play through FC again. drat me for playing it on PSP years ago.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Started Chapter 2 of SC a day ago. With my current pace, I will finish this game by the time I turn 86. Yeehaw.

The game and characters are still great though. Agate is so much stronger a personality right out of the gate this time, I don't regret choosing him first.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Would people recommend me picking up cold steel on ps3 or vita? I could do either, but I'm wondering how good the handheld version is.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
At chapter 3 of SC, and I'm noticing a distinct lack of a dumb idiot loser baby turd who disappeared at the end of the first game. I wanna punch him in the face now, not later.:(

Also I'm irritated at a character who I should have realized would have been trouble as soon as they had a character portrait. Feel kinda dumb now, honestly.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
How do I obtain the LINE stickers? What category are they under in the shop?

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Joshua makes for a pretty princess.

Estelle makes for a handsome prince.

That's why I like them being together.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Got the Odyssey of Anton achievement today.

That little guy, I'm gonna miss him traveling along with us.:unsmith:

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Moukis are friggin terrible enemies and if there's one thing I hate more than life itself it's whiffing on a regular attack in FC/SC.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Capsaicin posted:

Trails SC: Rolent Chapter sidequest:

How the gently caress am I supposed to beat the Moukis at the end of the Bleublanc hunt? I'm using Estelle, Olivier, Schera, and Kloe. I try to blast them down with as much Earth Magic as I can, but by the time they're half health, they've all called in at least one new enemy. Not to mention they absorb your HP. Ugh.

I just beat this. The secret is to devote someone to keeping everyone's speed up and just win by doing more. I went with Schera, Kloe, and Zane, I think. Zane had blind prevention gear and I think the doodad that makes your attack fire or earth elemental.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Estelle is the best.:3:

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Cake Attack posted:

not liking sophisticated fight is objectively incorrect, sorry

:agreed:

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
screw that, gilbert should never be allowed to taste victory. of any sort.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Given that the cartridge slot on my Vita appears to be dead, getting it for 20 bucks off PSN might be the best way to go. I had hit a lull with my 3DS lately anyway.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Unless I'm just missing some DLC, it looks like it's cheaper to get each casual clothing separately instead of getting the bundle. Odd, but I'll take it.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Erg posted:

What you're missing is that you'll have 9 extra things in your download list you can never get rid of

SAVINGS~!:allears:

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
So I'm at chapter 8 of SC. I thought the chapter was annoying enough as it is, but guess who just got to Zeiss? Abyss worms, and side quests that require legendary backtracking. This is the best chapter.

:suicide:

On a related note, Zane is kinda...broken. I love it.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Finished chapter 8 of SC. Oh........oh Olivier.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Just beat SC. I should get bonus credit for having to beat loewe twice. Game crashed in the middle of the boss fight that followed. Final boss was an irritating HP sponge.

But I enjoyed the game. Now I can focus entirely on CS1. And if I can beat that fast enough, CS2 will be waiting for me as well.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
As I'm moving along through CS1, I have to know: Is there any point beyond link exp for that card mini game?

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
I will always appreciate that Weissman was consistent; annoying from start to finish, never quite difficult.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Something I've noticed while playing CS1:

In Sara's room there's a big map of Erebonia, with the various cities/stations on it. It looks like there's a location circled in red on the map, but I can't really read the texture clearly enough on the Vita to see where it is. Is this a sneaky little hint to something later in the game, or did I stumble on absolutely nothing at all?

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Should I bother with the hat dlc? I got the casual wear for CS1, but I don't remember seeing any hats that were scene breakers.

Give me tf2 or give me death.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
I don't know if I can play through CS1 any faster than I already am, but all these drat black boxes are making me go crazy.

Not complaining, mind you; I'm the one who got started on it way too late. But I feel like I'll have to go back and re-read the thread after I finally get to/past CS2.:tinfoil:

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
CS1, CH6: Everything about the midnight rendevous with Claire was fantastic, including the phone call afterwards. Fie's tiny smile as it transpires is the cherry on top of it all.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
CS1 final chapter: The big bonding event is dependent on link exp, right? I keep reading posts on other boards about how the final event on Oct. 24 requires tickets, ch. 5 bonding events, and bike rides.

I've got a party member maxed out at rank 5, but I don't think I saw their ch. 5 event. Why is this so complicated?:qq:

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Just beat Cold Steel 1.

not sure what I enjoyed more about that ending sequence: the synchronized "Shut up, Thomas!" or just...y'know....being a Gundam.

Is that final, final, final fight harder in Nightmare? I got 99.99999999% of the enemy list completed except for those stupid rear end mines that an earlier boss spawns during battle. I figure what the hell, might as well breeze through the game at its hardest difficulty with super characters, and swing for the platinum.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Finally figured out that holding O during cutscenes fast forwards everything in New Game +.

Thank god.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
CS1, NG+ : Nord Highlands are considerably worse going through em a second time. I enjoyed the chapter my first time through, too.:qq:

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Man, this New Game + of CS1 is a beating, even with fast forward. I kinda want to get the platinum trophy at the end of the run, so I'm having to go out of my way to fight everything I can. Still about 150 shy of 1000 fights, heading to Lohegrin Castle for the 2nd time currently. Should be good at my current pace, but still. Can't just breeze through it like I originally expected to.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Simple question for CS2: Does Valimar get cooler entrances the further you get in the story? Off to a less than impressive start for my big friend V.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
I was unable to get the bonus 3 AP in my first encounter with Bleublanc in CS2.

I really don't care to go back and try again. Not that it was difficult, but 40 turns fly by in a friggin flash it feels like.:shepface:

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Just met Duvalie.

I...I think she was pretty much perfect from the word go.:allears:

Shinjobi fucked around with this message at 19:15 on Nov 16, 2016

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Instructor Thomas is fantastic. That is all.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
I've said it before, ill say it again:

I really like Duvalie.:allears:

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Just "beat" cold steel 2. Still have the special episode and epilogue to go, but first:

The immediate fallout of the final boss and the revelations that come with it? There is no :eyepop: big enough.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
S-Sara sensei....:blush:

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
I can't wait to be a chevalier.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
CS2 Anton quest: Success?

Poor dude is just a mess.:sad:

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Rean must be the MC, else I can't see the continuation of his forbidden romance with Sara.

And Jusis.

And like....everybody but Alisa and Millium. Ugh, Millium.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
No, seriously. Japan is really weird about replacing VAs.