Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

finished Chapter 1 of Trails from Zero and im pissed at all this DP that I lost, after reading a proper walkthrough of it, hate that poo poo :argh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

anyone know the name of Arios's soundtrack theme (you know when he comes to save the day after you win boss fights...), in Trails from Zero? always kinda scared of searching for this stuff and then accidentally spoiling myself

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

thats it, very nice

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

Last Celebration posted:

For future reference, there’s literally an option in the menu that just tells you the name of every track in the OST when it plays, which is especially nice for Azure bringing in tracks from both Sky SC and the Super Arrange version of Zero. Unless it’s a PC exclusive feature for some reason.

oh wow you're right

oh wow I can even increase the speed of the High Speed toggle mode... all this time... :negative:

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

man what a good spooky track to appear for the first time when talking about devil drugs that give you super-powers made by a cult

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IvRwDH53Qj8

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

Finished Trails from Zero, liked it a LOT (besides some usual annoyances I have with JRPGs in general), some great and funny NPCs.

So many good soundtracks!

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

how nice that some things havent changed in Crossbell, like Mystery Drunk Man Over the Door

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

this full CP recharge upgrade for the car in Azure is a game changer...

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

Zero was good but I'm enjoying Azure's story way more, specially with the edge that someone like Wazy brings to the crew/dialogue

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

uhhh why is the minimap showing enemies here? did I get accidentaly spoiled on a future combat location lol? Would be kinda funny because of all the people I could have picked it was the one with Eagle Eye equiped

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

Just finished Chapter 3 of Azure and I have to ask: did those GDF that got blown up/shot/chainsawed by Shirley and the RC Jaegers actually die or was it anime deaths (they show up in a hospital fine afterwards)

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

This Azure Chapter 4 ending sequence :munch: I've never seen a protagonist group get this outclassed, plus the enemy also power-up in an overwhelming way, it was so extreme I almost stopped taking this whole poo poo seriously lol

I'm also glad this guy is still kickin', reminds me of good times in Zero when antagonists were less god-tier

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

seems like the Finale of Azure is Dont Bother With Physical Attacks so far, and Tio feels mandatory with her Zero Field...

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

wasnt even close gently caress you Arianhod, Ourobouros should recruit Evade Lloyd and Tio instead

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

...How hard are the bosses of the Final Dungeon of Azure on Hard? Do they justify going farming the cash/materials for Ultimate Armor and such? I have all the Recipes unlocked so I'm feeling I should just cook the OP stuff and bank on it (plus didnt need to use the high tier consumables much until now so I have a fair amount of them)

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

finished Azure, very very good game

I have to say some moments and Lloyd himself can be way too cheesy but this sequence almost got me to tears :yaycloud:

gently caress that gimmicky boss tho

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

I like how this game also has a Vice-Something that is an unpleasant fellow

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

holy moly how do I make money in Cold Steel 1, im loving broke all the time!!! I have 4 new party members to upgrade in Chapter 2!!!

frajaq fucked around with this message at 22:43 on Oct 7, 2023

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

kinda nice encountering random people from Zero/Trails in early Cold Steel lol

this NPC didnt even have an exclusive model in that game I'm pretty sure!

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

boy its very early in CS2 and I'm already overwhelmed with party member choices, Gaius has easy 200 CP with preparation, Claire has that ridiculous buff, Alisa gives everyone Evasion and CP regen...

tempted to not use Elliot and just use Alisa as Caster/Healing/Buff duty

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

:allears: she had a great and brief moment with Randy back in Azure but she's great in this game so far

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

I cannot believe this poo poo lol I thought I was almost done with Cold Steel 2, im gonna sleep and do this tomorrow...

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

Finished Cold Steel 2, pretty good stuff! I may have not paid attention to certain dialogue because I didnt understand why everyone else in class "graduated" I guess and Rean had to stay behind

from what I understand there's no Save File transfer to anything CS3 related?

I do think that overall I like the Crossbell crew more, but its certainly close!

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

oh god no... nooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

so far the matches have been easy, guess playing Hearthstone a fair amount finally comes in handy in another game!

also how out of touch is this guy really, did he even read my files??

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

might be a dumb question but do I get the accessories back when these temporary party members finish hanging around for this Chapter?

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

ahhh classic Crossbell public transportation

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

I was waiting for the Wazy of the CS3 crew to finally join up New Class VII :allears: looks so drat smug too

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

what a bleak ending Cold Steel 3 has, holy poo poo

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

Wait isn't that close to SMT 5: V, fuuuuuck

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

gently caress lol did they finally nerf the evasion tank build in Cold Steel 4? Or just made it harder to get high Evasion early on?

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

I was wondering when she was gonna appear again :allears: I remember her doing some weird stuff in Cold Steel 2, good VA too

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

this game is gonna go all the way to these levels?? what the hell

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

my god I hate these Extra AP Boss fights where you have to kill everyone on the same turn lol

I actually liked the Turn Limit ones, but not this poo poo, specially when one of the bosses is way tankier than the other

frajaq fucked around with this message at 03:43 on Mar 23, 2024

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

man theres a lot of dumb stuff about the plot in Cold Steel 3/4 but im glad theres some good moments between the characters :allears:

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

Also heading into the Finale Chapter of Cold Steel 4: How bad are the upcoming Panzer Soldat/Divine Knight fights? Because the Arianrhod fight was loving rough, am I expected to farm out those Panzer consumables?

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

Ohhhhh man I finally beat Cold Steel 4, with the True Ending of course, I didnt quite get how to watch that post credit scene so just I watched it on youtube instead :toot:

What a journey! I think I still liked the Crossbell saga more, it was less bloated than the last two Cold Steel games

Onward to Reverie at some point

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

Wazy.... I missed you man

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

incredibly emotional voice acting in this segment from Reverie...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

uhhhh how do I complete these missions