Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

And beaten. That was a lot of fun.

And it took me almost an entire year! :v:

I wish there had been an extended epilogue with everyone though.

Terper fucked around with this message at 14:05 on Sep 6, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

I want to watch cutscenes of clay character models talking at each other and I want it NOW!

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Time Gem + Gaia Shield = Difficulty????

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Cake Attack posted:

anyway, im home with a fortuitously timed cold, and so i need to know when the psn store updates

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

I was going to post that to make you sad just like you did to me but then it actually updated? The heck

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

OddObserver posted:

Makes me wonder how the heck they're going to manage the cast size, especially given the whole dating aspect of I and II.
That means only one thing...BRING IT IN, GUYS!!!

*every playable character from every game come in with everything for a HUGE party*

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Oh poo poo I just realized I actually have a PS4

I can finally play CS1 and 2 thanks to the power of PSNow.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Simultaneous release date baby

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

To show people what a ridiculous idea it is to ask for such an outrageous sum for quality work like that.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

http://trails.wikia.com/wiki/Category:NPCs

Who's your favorite inconsequential NPC

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Yunica's story was also the best one, so~

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

I'll be getting back to my PS4 tonight and will finally start CS1. Planning on Nightmare, give me tips and tricks

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Getting through the schoolhouse and I enjoy that the theme of the game seems to be "Machias gets dunked on, repeatedly".

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Speaking of Cold Steel, just got done with the Practical Exam in Chapter 3 and I'm just about to head out to Nord, though I'll do that tomorrow. I believe I have every AP up to this point, so that's going nicely.

Also enjoyed the early awkwardness and bad blood between some people. Made for a really nice atmosphere in the school now that (mostly) everyone are friends :3:

e: Also could someone please link the miniboss theme, I don't wanna search youtube for fear of spoilers

Terper fucked around with this message at 00:21 on Jan 18, 2017

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Both, thank you, they are both very nice

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Oh hey, that's why people complain about this place.

Anyway, just got a new party member, woo :toot: RIP, Zats's friend :smith:

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

I have a month to finish Cold Steel 1 and 2 before my PSNow time runs out, can't afford to wait

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

"I wish I could get her to cozy up to me like that..."

Woah, Rean! I mean, good luck, but maybe you should have some dinner together first.

"Maybe if I gave her some milk."

What? ...Oh, right, the cat.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

I did, so I guess that did already happen.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

1) I'm glad I finally got the chance to mend Alan's and Bridget's relationship. Don't gently caress this up now, man.

2) I'm not sure if I should laugh at or feel weird about Neithardt's weird sexism, so I'll just do both

3) :ssj:

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

I threw my hands in the air and shouted with glee (but quietly so as to not disturb the neighbors) when we met 'him'.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

If Towa had been harmed then no force on this planet would have stopped me from tearing those terrorists to pieces

Anyhoo I have :speculate: now after Garrelia Fortress and I'm like 90% sure of them but we'll see. Crow is C. Vita Clotilde/Misty is the true mastermind behind the ILF.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

I just got done with Chapter 6 in CS1, would someone please be so kind as to link to whatever website had the events of what happened afterwards, thank you

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Alright, time for the final battle!

*internet has a tiny gap in which access is lost, closing ps now just as the fight is about to start*

Darn, oh well, the two fights before this werent too bad, just gotta get back to it

*dies four times*

Hm this fight is kinda rng bullshitty, oh well ill get it eventually

*game freezes*

Wheres my local terrorist organization, I wish to fight against the injustices in the world

E: beaten, yay

Now for CS2

Terper fucked around with this message at 21:03 on Jan 24, 2017

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Some Numbers posted:

The actual final fight is something of a level check. If you're below 65 or so, you just don't have enough HP.

I was at 65. Seems kinda odd to have Valimar's stats be affected by Rean's, but I guess synchronization-whatevers makes it so.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

So, uh, this is the battle theme in CS2 huh

Hrm. It's not very good, is it.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

The opening's just too tame or something, and by the point that it starts kicking into gear it's not very engaging. I really liked the CS1 battle theme, too.

My main party for CS1 was Rean, Alisa, Laura and Fie. Alisa because she is Rean's wife and Laura and Fie because they are each others wives. Any interesting buffs/nerfs in character stats/crafts I should take note of?

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

yeah, i have noticed

so many unscathed bonuses... lost to time... and bullshit

e: I played through all of CS1 making sure every character had 100% bonus accuracy, or at the very least 50%.

Terper fucked around with this message at 15:10 on Jan 25, 2017

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

lets hang out posted:

The battle music grew on me a lot

Okay yeah it has, a bit

Also it took some (a lot) doing, but I managed to get the bonus AP against the two jaegers :toot: (playing on Nightmare ofc)

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

My fav parts of the Trails series are the reunions

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

*Laura gets 50% boost in Strength*

*Immediately use 200 Break*

*boss loses 50~% of health on the very first turn and several adds immediately die*

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Amppelix posted:

You could do that, or you could use the one which gives her 1.5 times damage, buff her attack via the myriad other means available and get an even stronger nuts move? Buffing is so easy in this game that dedicating an entire master quartz to it, when they have such cool and unique effects available, just doesn't sit right with me.

But I had that one on Rean!!

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

What if we just dug a really, really deep pit and had McBurn fall into it

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Sean Chiplock posted:

Early notice, #Trails #Kiseki fans! I’ll be doing an AMA over on Reddit’s /r/JRPG this Saturday @ Noon PST (3 pm EST). Bring your questions!

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

https://www.reddit.com/r/JRPG/comments/5uuada/hey_jrpg_im_the_voice_of_rean_schwarzer_in_trails/

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

http://sonicmega.tumblr.com/post/157328957401/i-literally-wrote-that-text-and-because-i-am-such

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Aw man, Celdic getting set on fire and Otto dying actually made me choke up a bit. It was very nice to arrest the rear end in a top hat.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

The true story can only be uncovered if you play the games in reverse

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Also I am finally at the real final dungeon. Yes, the real real one.

Will be getting something to eat, finishing it up, and then I guess I'll write down my thoughts about the two games.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

And beaten! I really liked both games. The combat was an improvement over Sky, but I do think the smaller arenas and overall faster pace do bring some issues as well. Other than that I'd probably echo a lot of thoughts here. Cast was overall stronger but had less to do and less connections to the villains and the events themselves weren't as grand as Sky's, probably because there was no Sept-Terrion involved.

Favorite NPC I remember the name of: I don't know, too many. Patiry, BECKY YASSSSS, Annabelle, Zats nahaahaha, the list goes on.

Favorite NPC I don't remember the name of: The priest in Legram nahahaha

Least favorite NPC I remember the name of: Gretta. She's the pianist in the restaurant in Bareahard. You have nothing to add! I only remember your name because you stand out so little!

I goddamn loving knew Thomas was a Gralsritter. Did not call Rosine as his squire though, that caught me off-guard. I also thought we were only dealing with one Sept-Terrion (the treasure of fire) but I guess we'll be dealing with two in ToCS3. Water, I guess.

Terper fucked around with this message at 14:16 on Feb 28, 2017