Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sailormoon
Jun 28, 2014

fighting evil by moonlight
winning love by daylight

I’m currently playing Trails in the Sky on my Deck and really enjoying it, but it’s a super slow burn. Does the game pick up a lot after the initial chapters? I’m worried about having to dump 80+ hours in to hit the couple of games which I’ve heard are superb.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sailormoon
Jun 28, 2014

winning love by daylight

Thank you all for the encouragement to keep playing. I’m not that much further in, but I can already see the plot begin to develop.

I’m currently partially through Chapter 1: how should I grind or strengthen my characters? Is there a spoiler free list anywhere?

I’m mostly interested in the story but my party feels either underlevelled, undergeared, or both.

sailormoon
Jun 28, 2014

winning love by daylight

Any easy way to remember where I left off and what to do next? It looks like I last played the first Trails about a year ago and I’m in chapter at the Ruan’s Bracer Guild. I’m guessing just yap at the townsfolk 🤔

sailormoon
Jun 28, 2014

winning love by daylight

I'm early into FC Chapter 2 and have a small question (minor spoilers):

Kloe just joined my party. She's level 17 with some super strong spells while the rest of my party is level 15. Should I be grinding the rest of the party or is there some orbments I should go for? What's the best way to grind if I'm mostly interested in story and don't mind breaking the game a bit?

sailormoon
Jun 28, 2014

winning love by daylight

Thank you for the help! Are there any recommended orbments for each character? I’d enjoy experiments but I don’t have much sepith 😔

sailormoon
Jun 28, 2014

winning love by daylight

Okay, I'm glad I kept playing through FC because it really picked up steam in Chapter 3 and I'm having a blast.

I'm now in the final chapter however and horribly underlevelled. Should I be grinding the sewers or shiny pommes?

sailormoon
Jun 28, 2014

winning love by daylight

Veryslightlymad posted:

You should be able to power through most things with judicious use of Zin's crafts. Distend is really good.

I'm sad I didn't get in on the quartz advice train when it was relevant to you. For most of the game, having a status quartz (a big one, like deathblow or petrify) on Estelle goes really hard, because she can hit such a huge area with Whirlwind/Hurricane and frequently starts off battles.

Same with Olivier and his Quick Draw craft. Damage numbers don't matter if you've got a nasty enough status backing it up. Unlike a lot of JRPGs, status in Trails goes hard both in random encounters and at bosses. And if not status, then stat-down. And stat buffs are also kind of amazing.

I do have a Deathblow 2 quartz but it breaks immediately :( is it generally just useful for boss fights?

sailormoon
Jun 28, 2014

winning love by daylight

Thank you everyone for all the help getting through FC and getting through the world building. The final chapter was amazing and I’m starting SC immediately. Huge payoff and it’s what I remember loving about JRPGs as a kid.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sailormoon
Jun 28, 2014

winning love by daylight

Are there "optimal" parties to run in Trails in the Sky SC for story content?

I'm currently running whoever's hometown it is/has context there along with Olivier or Kloe with Agate as my partner, but not sure if this is the "best" or there's other optimal parties.