Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MythosDragon
Jan 3, 2016

I decided to replay Sky FC and thought I might as well reread Cake Attack's LP while doing so and while I was reading the front page of it, I realized Cake Attack said they'd LP SC after it came out, that hasnt happened so I'd like to know if that plan fell through due to the delays?

Just in case, I'd like to thank Reallypants for his LP of SC as well, I just prefer more personal LP styles full of trivia and jokes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MythosDragon
Jan 3, 2016

Cake Attack posted:

I fell out of the LP scene after doing FC and don't follow the forum anymore. combined with graduating uni and getting a full time job it just wasn't something that was going to happen so I was glad really pants ended up doing it insteaf

I appreciate that you enjoyed it enough to wish I'd done both though

Welp, Atleast I got an answer. Thanks for FC, you played it alot better than I did before, time to talk to all the NPCs.

MythosDragon
Jan 3, 2016

And here I thought my frequent panic attacks about missing NPC chatter or dialogue trees was bad.

MythosDragon
Jan 3, 2016

Zaggitz posted:

There would no longer be a point to falcom existing if they produced the best game of all time this soon.

They already did that, theyre goal now is to see how many times they can one-up themselves.

MythosDragon
Jan 3, 2016

My biggest issue with the PS4 release isnt the lack of portability, but the fact that the PS4's screenshot function isnt even half as good as the Vita's. I took just short of 9000 screenshots between CS1&2, I could drat near LP it if I'd took any of gameplay..

MythosDragon
Jan 3, 2016

Shinjobi posted:

Rean and Sara can become a thing now, so all doors should now be open to young Schwarzer.

Amppelix posted:

It already became a thing when I instantly slammed the Sara button whenever one was available in both CS games

My people. As much as everything about Rean screams "Needs an older woman to exhaustingly collapse upon", At this point I'm probably rooting for just ignoring it and using the canon option for 3.

I started a Suikoden runthroguh but catching with this thread is really making me want to drop it and just do a perfect run of FC since I never actually did that and try to actually beat SC instead of breaking down and crying over all the dialogue branches and conditional dialogue.

MythosDragon
Jan 3, 2016

Anyone know what the actual chances are of the Ys 8 PS4 story content being added to the Vita version are? No way in hell I can justify getting less story, but yknow, handheld comfort master race.

Already bought a few of the avatars for CS, I regret nothing.

MythosDragon
Jan 3, 2016

Cake Attack posted:

What does this have to do with xseed editing their own translation

Pretty sure it was a joke about how crazy people get over this stuff.

MythosDragon
Jan 3, 2016

My advice is to buy cat ears instead with the Umats.

I had enough for everyone at the end.

MythosDragon
Jan 3, 2016

Somehow seeing all the NPCs I loved 2ish years older never hit my mind.

We better visit Trista so I can see that kid get embarassed by his parents some more, and if that other family is still fixed and if the daughter actually started fishing, and if .... I'm gonna stop myself there.

MythosDragon
Jan 3, 2016

Wait hold up, doesnt everyone have a text document about the NPCs?

MythosDragon
Jan 3, 2016

Hopefully we can spend a year tweaking the poo poo out of these games and then port them back to actual consoles, because jesus christ man, I dislike playing games on my computer enough that even the best game series in existence becomes unfun. Plus you know, talking to NPCs for 50 hours doubling your playtime just screams lay down in bed comfortably.

MythosDragon
Jan 3, 2016

I remember there being like a steam handheld in the works years ago, did that ever go anywhere? Do they make handheld monitors or something? Cuz I'm definitely buying the games, I'm not just emptily calling it the best game series in existence. But I'm also not going to risk my hatred of the pains and inconveniences inherit to PC gaming attaching themselves to LoH.

Seriously, when CS 2 came out I did the last 3 chapters of CS1 and all of CS2 in about 2 weeks while talking to every single NPC in the games for a total of like 130 hours and had no issues at all but god forbid I play 20 hours of FF4 on PC in a week and loving die from shoulder pain.

MythosDragon
Jan 3, 2016

Oh god for a second I thought Osbourne got his hands on Towa.

MythosDragon
Jan 3, 2016

I was lukewarm on Towa at the start too, but she just kept on being heartwarming and now I just want to see her get shorter from too many headpats.

MythosDragon
Jan 3, 2016

I'm dying Falcom, invent like an automatic translation device so this come out in January for us.

I hope we get a LoH game in 2019 and 2020 too, 5 straight years of Game of the Year.

MythosDragon
Jan 3, 2016

The Colonel posted:

Your wish is granted

*bamco announces release of the psp gagharv trilogy in hd, no changes made to existing translation, games still published out of order*

I'm not quite that desperate, though I do have to admit that I can see the shine on the garghav trilogy that shines even through all that grime. And I would love a remaster that combines them and retranslates them. In fact my biggest fault with the Kiseki Subseries is that the 2nd games ditch the plot mandated party I fell in love with.

MythosDragon
Jan 3, 2016

2025 Trails of Cold Steel Remake, every single NPC is fully voiced because Sean Chiplock just kept up on voicing their lines without being paid. The game is now 200 hours because of it.

MythosDragon
Jan 3, 2016

My solution was to beat 2/3rds of it in 10 days and save the last 3rd for when 2 came out. I proceeded to spend 2 weeks glued to my vita playing 130 hours nonstop till I beat both of them.

But yeah nothing compared to SC, which I think the majority of this threads users can claim to have campaigned for atleast once.

Sara no competition. Hate all forms of booze, inexplicable love for all mid 20s characters that are way too obsessed with it.

MythosDragon
Jan 3, 2016

Terper posted:

I mean I went with Alisa because muh canon, but after going through both games I do think Rean needs someone older and more in control of their poo poo, someone Rean can lean on since everyone else leans on him. Rean and Alisa lack that sort of chemistry.

So either Towa or Sara, and I'm not saying that because of Best Girl or anything but because I think it makes the most sense for Rean.

e: What I'm saying is that Rean is Joshua and he needs an Estelle to see through his bullshit.

This is my exact reasoning too, dudes gonna loving crack at some point and go insane unless he has a place of healing where he gets to just turn the gently caress off and stop worrying.

Theres this one bonding scene, I think right when you get back to Ymir after C1P3, where she risks herself to get him to cool off in training that just cemented it for me.

MythosDragon fucked around with this message at 23:06 on Apr 20, 2017

MythosDragon
Jan 3, 2016

Sara>Laura=Fie=Towa. Emma doesnt Rank because glasses and well, every other female character is before Alisa.

Claire comes with a bunch of daddy issues since its unlikely she'll just abandon The Hulk, while Sara would take Rean away from most of his troubles and be badass Buddy Cops Bracers, with the occasional guest appearances of Toval being a 3rd wheel. So Sara also represents Rean's True Life Calling TM.

But we all know the true answer is for Rean to be Platonic Life Buddies with Gaius and move to Nord and become a shepherd before Adios talks to him and makes him become Zemerian Moses.

In all honesty, as fun as this nonsense was, I'd gladly trade it for a fully focused canon romance in a heartbeat.

MythosDragon
Jan 3, 2016

Terper posted:

Sara voted most likely to drag Rean to the bar and force some drinks down his throat so the dude can vent.

No but seriously:
"You're experienced. Reliable. Always ahead of us, just out of reach, but guiding us forward... You're strict sometimes, but you're always compassionate, and you bury your weaknesses deep down to be someone we can rely on. And somewhere along the way, I started to hope that one day, I'll finally be able to catch up to you."
That's how Rean describes Sara in their final bonding event, and I'd bet that's how many of his classmates would describe their relationship to Rean, which is why I think that relationship works: They can rean on each other.

Towa also works, but I think Claire's Osborne Connection makes that whole situation way too awkward for the both of them.

High Five!

For both agreeing with me and the spit take that pun made me do.

If you can spit out 50 more puns on that level, you'd be a great LPer.

MythosDragon
Jan 3, 2016

I challenge the guy that said Gaius is boring to a life and death duel.

Gaius is by far the best male character in the series. Expect lots of him in CS3 since he never got a plotline like the rest of the class and ~Backstory~.
Dude is chill, and even more so than Rean kept the class together as the big brother that never lost his cool. And if he got close it was the most tense moments of the game. Brb going through my 9000 screenshots of the games again.

MythosDragon
Jan 3, 2016

The ~~ was my way of not saying wild theories as fact or going into any detail about easily missed events.

Everyone else has a plotline that resolved a personal problem of some kind for character development, Gaius had none of that. 50% due to not having any excess baggage and being the most mature person around, and another 50% im willing to bet is related to the spoiler bars up there.

MythosDragon
Jan 3, 2016

Regy Rusty posted:

Even if you don't think Gaius is The Most Boring Man Alive saying this in a series that includes Olivier is insanity

FC came out in B.F.
CS came out in A.F.
The series sadly missed the D.F. era.
The F stands for Flamboyance.

Olivier is great. I'm a huge fan of mature same generation characters though, 4 of my top 5 male characters fit here and Gaius is 2nd or 3rd.

MythosDragon
Jan 3, 2016

If you take Gaius and Sara on like the very last quest in CS2 you get info on him too.

MythosDragon
Jan 3, 2016

You can play without talking to all the NPCs post knowing every single NPC has a fully functioning character to interact with?

Please invent a handheld computer so I can play.

MythosDragon
Jan 3, 2016

I'm trying to figure out who FS is, and its driving me crazy.
Jusis and Rean had their initials, but no one in Class 7 has FS as initials.

MythosDragon
Jan 3, 2016

Last Celebration posted:

I sure as gently caress am, but I'm gonna miss bedgaming with CS3; I can't imagine dicking around campus for the umpteen little NPC subplots without the ability to put the game on hold whenever.

That really is the crux of the issue, a game with dozens of mandatory hour long breaks from progrsss for some sweet sweet quality npc stories requires absolute comfort.

MythosDragon
Jan 3, 2016

Remoteplay terminates when you put the Vita in sleep mode. It also doesnt fill the screen for some reason, atleast on srw V the only game I tried it on. Also spotty internet in my room.

I should try it again though, I really need to try to play my PS4 games and hopefully thatll help. My point was more about 3rd than CS3 though, I deleted that after realising he was talking about the latter.

MythosDragon
Jan 3, 2016

I think itd be funnier if we kept it for another 4 months.

MythosDragon
Jan 3, 2016

Amppelix posted:

I still can't believe people actually read Carnelia. My eyes glazed over halfway through the first chapter and that was that.

This is the game series where the majority of vocal players talk to every single NPC, at every single chance, in every single playthrough, effectively doubling their playtime. Reading a book series that will take about an hour at most is chump change in comparison.

I'm strongly considering saying gently caress my shoulders and actually playing the entire sky trilogy on pc.

Y/N is major surgery worth the risk?

P.S Replaying Ys Celcelta and I immediately started thinking about Ozma in a Thor's uniform upon meeting him again.

MythosDragon
Jan 3, 2016

Really Pants posted:

get a laptop

I do have a laptop, havnt used a desktop in years.

Every single time I try to play games on it, I end up with severe, nearly crippling shoulder pain for some reason.

20 hours over a week kills me, even though I could and did play 4X as much on a vita in a week when CS2 came out.

MythosDragon
Jan 3, 2016

So, I decided to risk use of my shoulders and start with FC again. But no matter where I try, it wont accept my PS4 configurations.

I turned it on in big picture mode, set up the configuration there, No dice. Set up the configuration at the manage game section of big picture mode, no cards. And no matter what I do at the game's config mode it wont accept button presses to change the settings. When I go in game Circle is confirm and the only cancel buttons I have are L1 and L2 on all 3 tries.

Edit: Randomly started the game up again without changing setting and suddenly circle is cancel now? Okay then.

MythosDragon fucked around with this message at 15:45 on May 7, 2017

MythosDragon
Jan 3, 2016

So is there really no way to change where screenshots get saved to? Its bad enough that I cant use my screenshot program fullscreen, but I cant even redirect them from the most obscure place on my computer to my actual screenshot folder?

Clarification Edit: I changed the settings, but its just plain ignoring any changes made there other than button, its still giving me notification popups and saving to the default location no matter how many times I change them.

MythosDragon fucked around with this message at 19:32 on May 7, 2017

MythosDragon
Jan 3, 2016

Terper posted:

We won't see it until 2019 so whatever

Have faith in our Falcom Overlords and the Xseed Brigade. Maybe they already have it all organized and ready for them to start translating and planning. Or yknow pray with me so we get it ASAP.

MythosDragon
Jan 3, 2016

I'm highly tempted to buy the artbooks, I wonder if theres an easy way to do so.

Also wheres the Sara info I was promised?

MythosDragon
Jan 3, 2016

On the topic of LP's, dont let the fact that some already exist chase you away from doing one yourself if you are insane enough. Especially if you plan to commentate the game a bit, I absolutely adored Cake Attack's 1 lp thats just full of... Cake Attack, are you a he or a she?... proving ... loves the game to death. I have no doubt Really Pants loves it too, but I'm a huge fan of LPers adding their own style when they LP, makes it alot more enjoyable for me. Plus theres never enough bad jokes in a game.

I finally got my technical issues sorted out so I'm playing 1 hour a day of FC to try to get my shoulders to survive. And reading Cake Attack's LP again while I do so because I like reading LPs while I replay games.

Man I'm so excited. I hope the Sara info wasnt just that she knows Agate.

MythosDragon
Jan 3, 2016

Terper posted:

I for one can't wait to play this 200 hour game

I was literally about to make that joke. I'm not necessarily going to say the longer a game is the better, but I see no way that more Falcom can ever be a bad thing.

Edit: Anyone have text size for the games handy? I think FC had like 1.5 million lines or something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MythosDragon
Jan 3, 2016

Cake Attack posted:

SORA Count:
Scenes: 1.073.597 / Books & Items: 77.436

SORA II Count:
Scenes: 1.255.486 / Book & Items: 158.360

SORA III Count:
Scenes: 509.939

ZERO count:
Scenes: 1.253.845 / Books & Items: 107.885 / Misc: 12.048

AO count:
Scenes: 1.443.094 / Books & Items: 159.745 / Misc: 18.291

SEN I Count:
Book: 79.215 / Scenea: 1.116.935 / Talk: 174.419 / Misc: 143.307

SEN II Count:
Book: 121.404 / Scenea: 952.225 / Talk: 168.359 / Misc: 173.

TX Count:
Total: 890.481

---

these are from running scripts on the game to count characters. there's a huge discrepancy between what XSeed thinks SC is (3M) and what you get here that no one can explain. the rest match within a reasonable margin of error

Thanks. I'd like to see the numbers of other text heavy games like Tears to Tiara 2 to compare, but I doubt we'll get that out of Atlus.

But yeah, thats a lotta words. So to get 200 hours of CS3 we'd basically have to combine the sen counts. Man those are big numbers.

Also you'd be surprised how music can help war efforts, so Elliot could surprise us by surfing a tank into battle while channeling the almighty power of the Falcom Violin to destroy his foes. And I have no doubt whatsoever that Gaius will be in the top 3 most relevant Class 7 characters alongside Emma and Laura.