Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

*doki* *doki*
tried to get it at gamestop, but they said they only got enough copies to match pre-orders. Said if I wanted to, I could order it thru them and they send it to my home.
If I'm gonna order online anyway, its not gonna be thru you.

I only just beaten Trails from Zero like a month ago, so its still fresh in my mind.

And then Trails from Reverie in July? Pretty excited to just jump from Azure to Reverie. (I have played Cold Steel III and IV)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

*doki* *doki*
i'm getting the switch one because I want a physical copy, and switch games tend to keep their value anyway.

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

*doki* *doki*
i played Trails to Zero totally blind, and a couple of story moments got me.
Especially when revealing Tio's backstory. Did get a bit teary

I think the only peek at a guide was to make sense of the orbit system since I wasn't really sure how to read the requirements at first.

I only played Cold Steel III and IV as my first games, and never played Sky, but Zero filled in some needed gaps.

Anyway, got my copy of Azure in, but have to hold off on it since I'm at the tailend of another jrpg on the switch

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

*doki* *doki*
I liked crossbells sidequests more than the ones in Cold Steel which felt kind of forced.
I accepted the reason better why crossbell group would be doing civilian requests, but school time extracurricular activities was silly

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

*doki* *doki*
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZvhgYNxHjy4

worth keeping tabs on?

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

*doki* *doki*
i'm a fresh falcom fan, so this year is pretty great for me, so much content to play with no idea what's in store

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

*doki* *doki*
My current play order:
CSIII-> CSIV , Zero and then current Azure.
Maybe I get to sky if they port it to switch

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

*doki* *doki*
I thought it would feel jarring having played CSIII and going back to Zero, but i enjoyed not having to deal with BREAK mechanics and the crazy hp sponges that CSIII and IV was filled with

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

*doki* *doki*
my prediction for what's going to happen at the beginning of Trails to Reverie

"oh look, we have the new upgraded Quartz device, all of our old ones just don't work anymore"

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

*doki* *doki*
finished the prologue in Azure.
picked hard difficulty, hope I don't regret it.

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

*doki* *doki*
enjoying Noel addition to the cast in Azure. Love her spunk.
Wazy is just ok.

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

*doki* *doki*
i freaking hate the monster fight where its like 10 wurms that counterattack aoe you

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

*doki* *doki*
Chapter 1 done in Azure
Kind of annoying how the burst mechanic is on and off only specific points, not like having it available during regular mob clearing and exploring is that much of a game breaker since it still takes time to build.

Randy is back. Probably gonna throw out Wazy and keep Randy in, his flash grenade aoe blind is just really good utility overall, at least from the first game.
Shirley sure looks a lot different here than when I saw her in the Cold Steel games.

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

*doki* *doki*

Prowler posted:

Man oh man did I not expect sprite work completely dedicated to a single scene in which a teenager gropes a woman to the delight of all the onlookers for over a minute of dialog.

...I hope it's a single scene. Zero was fairly restrained, but...does Azure get much worse than this?

Was pretty great

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

*doki* *doki*
At least combination crafts still do good damage.
I get confused when the old 100-solo crafts seem to do less damage or only like 10% more damage than a generic melee attack

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

*doki* *doki*
Shirleys a lot nicer here in Azure.
in CS, she was kind of a jerk 24/7

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

*doki* *doki*
hate you, you two bracers. go to gehanna.

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

*doki* *doki*
Chapter 2 of Azure done.

the conference and escalation was pretty good. and unlike info/politics dumps in other games, I seem to follow what's going on well enough.
It was neat seeing a bit of Towa there in the room.

I guess that Jagers are all about money this and money that, but I feel the series kind of treats them too dirty. They don't seem all that different from the other gray organizations like the Heiyue They're just filling a job just like everyone else. Interested to see how they flesh out Randy's backstory. I guess I was suppose to be all like 'oh cool, randy is here' at the start of CSIII, but since that the first game I ever played, I was like "err i guess he was in a previous game"

Glad Tio is finally back. Current party is harem party with Llyod, Elle, Noel, and Tio. I picked hard difficulty, so i was worried at first if it was the wrong choice, since the combat system isn't that engaging, but looks so far, its just the right difficulty so far.

Also, I really hate Campanella. All he does is shows up, trolls, says a bunch of cryptic stuff and fucks off.

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

*doki* *doki*

not a big fan of nendoroids, too many pieces.
also, argh, where are my SSS figures.

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

*doki* *doki*
Noel is great

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

*doki* *doki*
Trails of Azure Intermission done

Great for Tio to finally meet Misha after getting Misha-blocked last game.
Beach time was great. The girl fanservice was nice, but wow @ llyod. I know he's well-trained, but his arms and chest are huge, sprite wise. His arms was hulking.

Attraction choices:
Mirror of Wishes: Noel, KeA (gonna have to reload a save and do this to see everyone elses' wishes, thought the convos was pretty interesting)
Fortune Telller: Rixia
Haunted Villa: Rixia (holy poo poo, i did terrible at this)
Ferris Wheel: Noel

freaking Fool just showing up to troll as usual

GateOfD fucked around with this message at 17:59 on Apr 2, 2023

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

*doki* *doki*
recently got this in.

crazy detail on the gauntlet

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

*doki* *doki*
I’m sure the garage kits are way cheaper $ as well.

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

*doki* *doki*
bond pts can be tough without a guide (not using a guide)

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

*doki* *doki*
aww poo poo. Stuff is hitting the fan now

Trails to Azure chapter 3

Wow, a lot of actual killing this chapter. The massacre of the terrorist groups was last chapter, but it continues on.
Didn't expect Wald to show up like this all demonized.

I'm feeling at this point, a lot of stuff is probably happening in Cold Steel side. Cause a lot of the events and some dialogue makes me feel like there's a lot of holes in the information that if I played Cold Steel I and II, I be like 'oh, so this is what's happening here'

Ran into the Steel Maiden. Was never a big fan of her in CSIII and IV, she kind of needed to chill out a bit. At least I got a glimpse of the lovely Duvalie
Group finds out that Yin is *gasp* actually Rixia Mao

Lots of CGF people got slaughtered in this chapter.
Randy's story was neat. Would have liked some hotblooded male bonding like Randy and Llyod punching each other once when the group caught up with him against Shirley.

Started chapter 4 right after, only to see llya get squashed. oh no...

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

*doki* *doki*
does "I sense the higher elements at work here" mean more in the sky series

Whenever Tio says it or its mentioned in Cold Steel (I think they do..), I'm just like errr okay...
I mean I can infer they're saying the place is suspicious, but I don't think they really established stuff about balance of elements and nature much in the series. The 'magic' is a orbal technology thing. And then we have a bunch of people that just outright have superpowers.

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

*doki* *doki*
i mean the technology develops fast because the countries place importance on it for military purposes right?

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

*doki* *doki*
leave the cinematic experience to FF games which not seem to take 10 years to make a new one now.

gameplay to the other regular rpgs.

that being said...err can we get the next Tales game alreay.

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

*doki* *doki*
Chapter 4
*gasp*

I know some stuff got spoiled in Cold Steel, but man, forgot how seemingly just about EVERYONE is some kind of secret agent or double agent or triple agent or turns baddie.
Mariabell is kind of a huge Mariabitch to be honest.
Arios, you fucker, I trusted you.
Also KeA got bigger! Sept of Zero. Its the name of the last game :O

woah, Wald is able to go back to human form, guess he actually has control.

Kind of sad to see Noel and Wazy leave, but I guess this part of the game has to be seen by the OG SSS squad.
Neat to finally start to see what happened in Crossbell, since Juna and the backstory of it was a huge part of the game.

*gasp*, Its the giant mech Aions :O

Also, not you too!
Noel!!! Why, I maxed your bonds, you were suppose to be my romantic interest pick. I was gonna break up with Elle for you.

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

*doki* *doki*
Trails of Azure Fragment

Not sure why this short part needed to be separated as a separate chapter, but I don't mind. Expected a much bigger intermission like the Mishy part.

you dumb Wald, hope get gets a good punch in the face from Wazy before he comes to his senses.

Noel looks really good in the new white Cross Defense Force uniform. So when Noel was talking to llyod, was Gracia already there listening before the reveal he's in the same cell? lol.

It was pretty neat teaming up with Garcia. I thought he was a fine dude in Zero. Yea, he was mafia, but he knew there was a line and he was more or less professional if what he was trying to do. It was neat knocking on the other cell doors to see who was in them.

Omg, Zelt is a big talking wolf! :O Oh he's a divine beast thing, should have seen it coming. lol when he 'ate' one guy and spit him back out.

Omg, Wazy is one of those Dominion guys. I think I would know more about this whole church thing if I played the Sky series. Apparently Kevin was the MC of Sky 3rd.

Looks like heaing to the Finale chapter. Expecting a lot more reveals.

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

*doki* *doki*
drat this topic is getting alot of activity.

been making slow progress in Azure final chapter, just taking my time.
love slowly traveling around getting the band back together. shed a small tear when meeting back with Tio. I never played CS1-2, so everytime some old classmate showed up, I'm just like oh well.

Here, the SSS bond is presented as pretty strong, so I buy all close everyone is. And I also saw Llyod do his speech or big brother thing to everyone, so I know why they all believe in him. Still not sure why EVERYONE in CS is so focused on Rean's charisma. Didn't see anything of him really that matched Llyod.

Loved the scene with Llyod and Rixia.
And the mafia dude is just like drat you, why do you have to be such a jrpg protag.

So far, gotten Tio and Randy back. Nice to have Rixia in the party as well.

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

*doki* *doki*
damnit, these are the hardest set of battles I encountered yet in Azure...

Got my best girl, Noel back. As per the fight agreement, she is now lloyd's waifu.

Went to get Elle. And holy poo poo, these giant packs of dogs and red constellation soldiers are tough. Had to restart many times cause one person would get killed before I could do anything. Had to start spamming Burst potions each battle get past them. Stopped at the warped in mech. Gonna try to get more progress tomorrow.

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

*doki* *doki*
I probably been using Elle wrong all both games.
Like sure of course I'm using her as a healer character, but in my head, I keep thinking well, healers should also be magic casters.
but Elle's magic stat isn't that strong and its her atk stat seems higher. But I been using her to cast the big spells regardless. At least her EP is high.

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

*doki* *doki*
the biggest crime of CS4 was that I couldn't make Duvalie as Rean's waifu choice.

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

*doki* *doki*
i hate fishing in about every jrpg

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

*doki* *doki*
argh, what the hell am i suppose to do against this boss fight in Azure finale chapter

freaking Ariarhod. She just oneshots the whole party and I'm barely making a dent in her

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

*doki* *doki*
Got the fight in Azure that I was struck at to 15% then wiped cause of mistake or misprediction.

Might just go grind some levels
First time I regretted picking hard difficulty

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

*doki* *doki*
*sign* this fight is gonna take me like 2 hours even if I succeed. I try to split up and place her in a corner, but sometimes she will just charge to the other side.
and if i mess up using Tio's shield, its an instant team wipe since it hits everyone

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

*doki* *doki*
finally got past the big wall in Azure.

ended up choosing Noel as my one true final choice. I forgive you.

Time to storm the city. oh yay, Estelle, Joshua, and Renne finally showed up. Was wondering if the game was really gonna end without seeing them again. Love that Estelle and Joshua don't give a gently caress and just runs up to smack that giant blue mech.

I remember they also did that during their entrance in Cold Steel. Are they the only ones that actually do that? I seem to remember cold steel crowd always just go "oh no, we need our own robots to fight now!" and none of them are crazy enough to punch a giant robot with their fists.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

*doki* *doki*
her craft where she just runs them over with her car seems to remind one of the few singular crafts that actually does some damage.
but yea i been using her as my Mars spamming crimson laser role