Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
a bay
Oct 14, 2014

by Lowtax
https://m.motherjones.com/mojo/2015/10/video-school-cop-body-slams-and-drags-black-female-student

quote:

Authorities in Richland County, South Carolina, are investigating a video that surfaced Monday showing a uniformed officer aggressively confronting a high school student. Local station WIS-TV reports that county sheriff's deputies are investigating the incident, which took place on Monday at Spring Valley High School, according to school officials. The video, which appears to have been recorded on a cellphone by a classmate, shows a white male officer standing over a black female student sitting at her desk; moments later he grabs the student and flips her on her back. After dragging her across the floor, the officer says, "Hands behind your back—give me your hands." The video has no additional context as to what led to or followed the altercation.

This seems like it should be a pretty obvious case of police brutality... or is it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

satanic splash-back
Jan 28, 2009

It is.

phasmid
Jan 16, 2015

Booty Shaker
SILENT MAJORITY
Ever since middle school, we always had at least one cop on campus all the time. Usually they were chill and knew as many of the kids as they could. I think that probably had something to do with the complete lack of beatings. These schools were 30-40% black kids and not exactly in the nicest part of town.

Wonder if this cop just pulled up in a car is what I'm saying.

tetsuo
May 12, 2001

I am a shaman, magician
yep p sure this cop showed up out of nowhere and she wasn't doing anything wrong at all and definitely didn't refuse to comply lmao can't wait until her facebook profile gets posted with her holding guns and smoking the marijuana and listening to thug music

a bay
Oct 14, 2014

by Lowtax
I don't think the cops should be allowed to hold somebody and move them around and do body slams on them and everything just because they don't want to do what the cops say.

fuccboi
Jan 5, 2004

by zen death robot
Perhaps if her parents (if she even knows who they are :smugdog: ) had disciplined her properly, she would not have needed to get her rear end whooped by a police officer.

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost
another crime prevented

Fat-Lip-Sum-41.mp3
Nov 15, 2003
police are never allowed to touch trespassers its the law

I am Toni Lippi
Aug 16, 2004
I don't see anything wrong with what happened in that video. Full disclosure I didn't watch it.

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

im impressed he had enough restraint to not cap her in the back of the head

Sancho
Jul 18, 2003

Lmao loudmouth bitch got told

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

i guess since cops know they are constantly being videotaped they're going to start showing off with wrestling moves now. i hope they start doing entrance themes instead of sirens too.

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

also i didn't watch the video or read the op.

FormerPoster
Aug 5, 2004

Hair Elf
Another win for the South Carolina pre-crime unit.

Captain Yossarian
Feb 24, 2011

All new" Rings of Fire"
I lust for cop death

Hooded Reptile
Aug 31, 2015
In the wake of the video that surfaced from a South Carolina classroom of a school resource officer forcibly pulling a student out of her chair, the Richland County Sheriff is seeking a federal investigation of the incident.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation-now/2015/10/27/sc-deputy-classroom-video/74668562/

Around 10:30 a.m., the girl who had the confrontation with the officer was working on her computer, and had her phone out, Robinson said. He said the teacher asked her for her phone, but she said no. An administrator was then called to the room, and Robinson said the administrator pleaded with the girl to get out of her seat, but she didn't.

"She really hadn't done anything wrong," Robinson said. "She said that she had took her phone out, but it was only for a quick second."

While she didn't comply, Robinson said the girl was apologetic.

Then Fields, was called to the class. Robinson said when Fields came in, he asked Robinson's friend to move a desk. According to the student, Fields then shut the girl's computer, and moved it to another desk.

Robinson felt something was wrong, and pulled out his phone and began recording.

"When I saw what was about to happen my immediate first thing to think is let me get this on camera. This is going to be something that not only I'm going to be like 'wow did this really happened at my class,' but just something that everybody else needs to see. This is something that we can't let this just pass by."

Robinson said the officer then began speaking with the student.

"He asked her again, 'will you move, will you move.' She said 'no I have not done anything wrong.' Then he said I'm going to treat you fairly. And she said 'I don't even know who you are.' ... And that is where it started right there."

Moments later, things turned physical.

Don't talk on your phone in school kids, that's a paddlin'

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

officer barton from the top rope! oh! it's a devastating elbow drop!

a bay
Oct 14, 2014

by Lowtax

Hell Yeah posted:

also i didn't watch the video or read the op.

Same here, I am waiting until I am not at the office because Youtube is not safe for work.

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

he's got that defenseless teenager on the ropes mean jean!

a bay
Oct 14, 2014

by Lowtax
I hope there's a version of the video with the guy from ECW saying Oh my god or the guy from WWE saying Stop the drat match by the time I get out from the office.

Hooded Reptile
Aug 31, 2015
Also,

Spring Valley High School’s ‘Incredible Hulk’ — Deputy Ben Fields — has history of alleged misconduct and racial bias

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/spring-valley-incredible-hulk-history-misconduct-article-1.2412435

Big shocker there....

old beast lunatic
Nov 3, 2004

by Hand Knit
I hope this disgraceful pig is publicly humiliated and commits suicide while sad and alone

fuccboi
Jan 5, 2004

by zen death robot
The liberal race baiting is hilarious: the WHITE MALE cop slamming the BLACK FEMALE student to the ground :qq:, yet if you mention that the criminal in xyz crime is a BLACK MALE, a liberal will simper, "what difference does it make what color they are?" and in fact you notice the mainstream media often omits the race of the criminal unless they are white nowadays.

Speaking of black males, did you guys watch part 2-- A BLACK MALE cop and a BLACK MALE student tee off, like literally start throwing punches like they are in the octagon. Amazing.

Skeleton Ape
Dec 21, 2008

It's weird that cops in schools are just a normal thing now.

old beast lunatic
Nov 3, 2004

by Hand Knit
Listen, if you had to deal with scum of the earth like I do every day you'd understand. I did four tours in study hall.

TacticalUrbanHomo
Aug 17, 2011

by Lowtax

Naerasa posted:

Another win for the South Carolina pre-crime unit.

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

Hooded Reptile posted:

While she didn't comply, Robinson said the girl was apologetic.

Lol. "Yeah sorry, not gonna do a drat thing you say nope, sorry about that"

Tezzor
Jul 29, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!
now we see the violence inherent in the system! lol. i cant relate to life except thru sick nerd refs.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

a bay posted:

https://m.motherjones.com/mojo/2015/10/video-school-cop-body-slams-and-drags-black-female-student

This seems like it should be a pretty obvious case of police brutality... or is it?

Yeah, that sounds incredibly illegal, her rights weren't read to her for starters. Even if she was instructed to come with the cop, why was that needed to begin with? She is just a teenager, suspend kids that are being dipshits. There are a hundred different things you can do to a kid in high school that don't involve using violence.

old beast lunatic
Nov 3, 2004

by Hand Knit
But the violence bringer was wearing a blue uniform so he's automatically correct.

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

he didn't perform a thorax-obliterating suplex so it doesn't technically count as brutality. know the law.

old beast lunatic
Nov 3, 2004

by Hand Knit
How many boner pills do you think that pig eats on any given day?

Tuxedo Gin
May 21, 2003

Classy.

I said come in! posted:

Yeah, that sounds incredibly illegal, her rights weren't read to her for starters. Even if she was instructed to come with the cop, why was that needed to begin with? She is just a teenager, suspend kids that are being dipshits. There are a hundred different things you can do to a kid in high school that don't involve using violence.

Well, maybe the administrator wanted to suspend her but she refused to get up from her chair to be suspended.

Sibilant Crisp
Jul 4, 2014

shoulda slammed her onto some spike strips imo

phasmid
Jan 16, 2015

Booty Shaker
SILENT MAJORITY

I said come in! posted:

To kids who don't want to be in school suspension isn't really a deterrent. Most kids don't want to be in school.

TacticalUrbanHomo
Aug 17, 2011

by Lowtax

I said come in! posted:

why would her rights need to be read? she wasn't being interrogated.

Hooded Reptile
Aug 31, 2015

InterFaced posted:

How many boner pills do you think that pig eats on any given day?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5yR4qnaJDf8

alot probably. Roids cause aggression.

TacticalUrbanHomo
Aug 17, 2011

by Lowtax

phasmid posted:

To kids who don't want to be in school suspension isn't really a deterrent. Most kids don't want to be in school.

kids are, er, supposed to be in school, so maybe trying to keep them out is actually bad. just imo.

old beast lunatic
Nov 3, 2004

by Hand Knit
Being really dumb and unable to get an erection is a dangerous combination.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

THAT'S THE BIG BOSS MAN'S MUSIC!!

• Locked thread