Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
pylb
Sep 22, 2010

"The superfluous, a very necessary thing"

WhyteRyce posted:

Vivek is putting a drat robotic camera on wheels in the parking lot. I'm going to gently caress with that thing so much.

That robot is going to get pissed on by so many people

Watch out!

quote:

Knightscope offers the only security solution capable of analyzing historical crime data, real-time on-site data, and social media feeds to generate truly valuable crime predictions. Our ADMs are an eye-catching physical presence that serve as front line guardians - autonomously protecting lives and property with an advanced array of sensor technologies.

To ensure its survival, each ADM includes numerous features to protect it against system failure, power drain and even mischief.
- Health Status - ADMs send real-time machine health reports through the Knightscope Security Operations Center (KSOC). Details on current machine state, connectivity, battery health, charge details and weather are all immediately available to an operator or observer.
- Autonomous Charging - like humans, ADMs know when they need to refuel. When appropriate, an ADM simply bellies up to the included charge mat to top off its lithium-ion battery pack. But this is no coffee break. Monitoring continues even while ADMs are charging.
- Stranger Danger - ADMs love people, but they have a very important job to do at a specific location. Unauthorized attempts to relocate (i.e., kidnap) or tamper with a machine will result in a red alert at the KSOC and an ear piercing audible alarm at the machine. And all such events will be preserved in stunning high definition video for evidence.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spacejung
Feb 8, 2004
He should chase players who get their second T off the court, sirens blazing, yelling "DISPERSE"

Boogie's team is maybe not the optimal choice for this.

Kull the Conqueror
Apr 8, 2006

Take me to the green valley,
lay the sod o'er me,
I'm a young cowboy,
I know I've done wrong
Go Spurs. Go Hawks. Go basketball.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

pylb posted:

Watch out!

stunning high definition video for evidence

MOVIE MAJICK
Jan 4, 2012

by Pragmatica

pylb posted:

Watch out!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mrXfh4hENKs

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Capitalism is def not a meritocracy.

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop
I would put the bot in a big cardboard box;

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Huh, I thought you were a Sam Mitchell fan. You think Mitchell will drive Wiggins away? Wouldn't the Wolves just fire him if that were the case? Minnesota seems like a good place for a young buck like Wiggins to be. He's got a potential star big with Towns by his side, and Rubio slinging him passes. They should get another good pick this year and have the Sixers jealous as hell of their young rebuilding core

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Someday coach Im going to throw for 6 TDs in the Super Bowl.

Sit your ass down Steve.
I'm glad to see everyone so optimistic about the Bulls because I'm nervous as hell.

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

Hassan Whiteside had a historic season in a few respects, but one dimension was especially curious. He had one of the lowest assist rates ever, totaling six assists for the season even though he played over 1100 minutes. Few players in NBA history have even been close to his anemic assist rate, but those players were not as involved in the offense as he was2. You’ll note that in the graph below most players are to the left (i.e. below average) of the league average usage rate line. Whiteside had an above average usage rate, and he grabbed an obscene amount of offensive rebounds. He had the ball frequently in the half-court, and no one has ever matched his assist incompetence. If he doesn’t improve, people will catch onto his blinders-on routine and crowd him aggressively.
http://nyloncalculus.com/2015/10/27/2015-16-nba-preview-miami-heat/

Jackie D
May 27, 2009

Democracy is like a tambourine - not everyone can be trusted with it.

God Bless the National Basketball Association

Hand Knit
Oct 24, 2005

Beer Loses more than a game Sunday ...
We lost our Captain, our Teammate, our Friend Kelly Calabro...
Rest in Peace my friend you will be greatly missed..

Dejan Bimble posted:

Their defense might be quite a bit worse without Amir Johnson. Playing Patches Peterson and JV together could mean efficient offense and bad defense

Amir's ankles were so hosed by the end of last year that I wouldn't be surprised if their defence nevertheless improves.

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming
Obama's going to be at the Bulls-Cavs game tonight, can't wait for him to buy a team and hang out at games all the time

PantsFreeZone
May 31, 2013

by Nyc_Tattoo

Rad Valtar posted:

I'm glad to see everyone so optimistic about the Bulls because I'm nervous as hell.

No Thibs no problems

They still won't get out of the 2nd round, but they might be mostly alive.

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Someday coach Im going to throw for 6 TDs in the Super Bowl.

Sit your ass down Steve.

PantsFreeZone posted:

No Thibs no problems

They still won't get out of the 2nd round, but they might be mostly alive.

It's basically my nerves will be shot thinking about who is getting injured next. If they stay healthy they could be really good (they wont).

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

morestuff posted:

Obama's going to be at the Bulls-Cavs game tonight, can't wait for him to buy a team and hang out at games all the time

I'm going to buy the seat next to his on stubhub and fart in his loving face

PantsFreeZone
May 31, 2013

by Nyc_Tattoo

Rad Valtar posted:

It's basically my nerves will be shot thinking about who is getting injured next. If they stay healthy they could be really good (they wont).

I don't think the defense is going to work. Mirotic next to Gasol is like asking people to dunk on you. They might score 130 points a game though.

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

i like to express my inner pain by being really boring on the phone
or just when i'm kickin it
that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd

morestuff posted:

NBA N/V: Knightman - he will keep u safe

Wow he successfully developed a several hundred thousand dollar robot to inefficiently mimic the employment of a low-wage security guard but with less flexibility then named it after the child molesting burglar from the Always Sunny In Philadelphia musical and yet his team still can't make the playoffs ???

MOVIE MAJICK
Jan 4, 2012

by Pragmatica

Dejan Bimble posted:

I'm going to buy the seat next to his on stubhub and fart in his loving face

Now thats what I call cool

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

The Sacramento Kings are owned and run by the Daleks from Dr. Who would explain a lot of their decision-making over the past year.

Would also explain Stauskas!Stauskas!Stauskas!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O2uFnQKlXK8

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene

Hand Knit posted:

Should I expect anything other than the Raptors kinda ambling their way to a low seed and then losing in the first round of the playoffs?

Depends on if they start slow and Casey gets fired or not.

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

carmelo with a 'gently caress new york' hot take that'll be blown out of proportion by the new york media/used as a soundbite

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q3A0QRbk65k

also, iman shumpert hates phil jackson

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
I know what he's trying to say but it's always funny to hear Bill Simmons relate an NBA opinion with "having played basketball my whole life"

dokmo
Aug 27, 2006

:stat:man

Fast Luck posted:

I thought you were a Sam Mitchell fan. You think Mitchell will drive Wiggins away?

I'm a fan of Mitchell coaching other peoples' teams. As a coach he has a deep history of antagonizing his players, in addition to being incompetent.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

EvanTH posted:

Wow he successfully developed a several hundred thousand dollar robot to inefficiently mimic the employment of a low-wage security guard but with less flexibility then named it after the child molesting burglar from the Always Sunny In Philadelphia musical and yet his team still can't make the playoffs ???

I think it's silly but let's not pretend those low-wage security guards are anywhere near effective or vigilant

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

#1 Pelican Fan
http://www.awolfamongwolves.com/2015/10/a-moment-of-twitter-silence-for-flip-saunders/

quote:

The Plan
  1. The game is set to tip off this Wednesday, Oct. 28 at 9:30 p.m. CT.
  2. The moment of Twitter silence will start at the opening tip.
  3. Those who participate will step away from Twitter until the Wolves make their first basket. After the first bucket, the moment of silence will be over.
  4. It’s that simple.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
Robots are loving stupid and I hope someone gives that over priced RC car the beating it deserves.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Is it in bad taste for me to call this really dumb?

Because I think it's really dumb.

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

#1 Pelican Fan

IcePhoenix posted:

:shrug:

I have no real opinion on it, but it looked interesting enough to post.

PantsFreeZone
May 31, 2013

by Nyc_Tattoo

MourningView posted:

Robots are loving stupid and I hope someone gives that over priced RC car the beating it deserves.

I can't wait to see the Youtube video of MourningView having an MMA match with the Kings' Roomba.

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd

WhyteRyce posted:

I think it's silly but let's not pretend those low-wage security guards are anywhere near effective or vigilant

I think a dude sitting in a well-lit booth who can answer questions and has a phone is probably far more helpful and also a better deterrent than a roaming roomba. Plus you can give somebody a job.

although I am very excited to see stunning high definition footage of that robot getting its rear end kicked

IcePhoenix posted:

without exception everything related to twitter is dumb

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd

straight up brolic posted:

carmelo with a 'gently caress new york' hot take that'll be blown out of proportion by the new york media/used as a soundbite

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q3A0QRbk65k

also, iman shumpert hates phil jackson

"gently caress new york (and most everybody in it)" is a big part of the NYC living experience and it's the first thing he's said that makes me respect him as a genuine resident. With that said I still plan to write a Meet The Knicks where I spend most of the time using occasionally deceptive stats to prove Melo Sucks and is the worst player in NBA history and I don't care how good his wife smells

edit: at ~3 minutes of that video a dude hands him an electronic device to show him a picture and Melo starts scrolling through all the pictures which is like A#1 dickhead move what the poo poo

EvanTH fucked around with this message at 19:19 on Oct 27, 2015

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

PantsFreeZone posted:

I can't wait to see the Youtube video of MourningView having an MMA match with the Kings' Roomba.

First Round TKO after I kick it repeatedly right in its stupid face, which the Robot cannot do because it's a loving trash can looking legless bitch and its only defense mechanisms are screaming real loud like a coward and taking video so it can tattle to daddy later like a punk rear end. Punk rear end bitch robot.

MourningView fucked around with this message at 19:29 on Oct 27, 2015

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.
Twitter might be dark for like 7 minutes tomorrow then.

Confounding Factor
Jul 4, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Tell me this isn't a hoax.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
How the gently caress did that moron make enough money to own an NBA team when he's spending it all on bullshit like a roomba with a camera taped on top of it and Rudy Gay? Life is not fair.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Come to Sacramento MV and we can piss on and beat that robot up together.

Then you try to start a fight with Vivek and ask Vlade why Henderson wasn't given a chance.

Confounding Factor
Jul 4, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

MourningView posted:

How the gently caress did that moron make enough money to own an NBA team when he's spending it all on bullshit like a roomba with a camera taped on top of it and Rudy Gay? Life is not fair.

gregc
8 minutes ago

And if the Kings play as expected, the robot will be the starting power forward in a month.

http://www.si.com/extra-mustard/2015/10/27/sacramento-kings-robot-knightman-vivek-ranadive

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
He cut Marshall Henderson and has yet to re-sign Reggie Evans, he and I have serious beef.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Kibner posted:

:shrug:

I have no real opinion on it, but it looked interesting enough to post.

It was definitely interesting enough to post. How else could we make fun of it?

See: Knightman

• Locked thread