Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Chill Penguin
Jan 10, 2004

you know korky buchek?
Was tempted to title this thread as Week 6

Sit/Start Thread Codex:

1. DON'T SIT YOUR STUDS!! Unless it's Thursday Night. Then maybe sit them. Maybe.
2. Note your league's scoring: PPR? 4 or 6 pt TDs? ESPN vs. Yahoo? etc.
3. Keep it short.
4. Try to answer other people's questions. That way everyone gets some feedback.
5. Don't believe the hype.

edit: I'll start:
Yahoo .5PPR 6PTD
Help me pick 3 for 2WR & 1FLEX: (current picks in bold)
Cooper vs NYJ
Diggs @ CHI
Maclin vs DET
K Wright @ HOU
Mike Evans @ ATL (this dude seriously needs a cool nickname or something)
Lewis vs MIA

Chill Penguin fucked around with this message at 16:36 on Oct 27, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

Diggs
Maclin
Lewis

The rest have bad matchups and mariota just got hurt.

I made a bunch of changes recently and have no idea who to start at WR. I also dont know if I should start West or Stewart or both since IND and DET are lousy. Def playing Ivory.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

Yahoo, PPR, help me pick 2 flexes.

Charcandrick West vs. Det
Charles Sims @Atl
Kendall Wright @Hou
Mike Wallace @Chi

I've pretty much lost the faith with Kendall Wright, but Mariota should be back so he's a possibility. Wallace is mainly in the running because of his matchup, but I'm leaning heavily towards West and Sims, as nervous as West makes me.

Anisocoria Feldman
Dec 11, 2007

I'm sorry if I'm spoiling everybody's good time.

thrawn527 posted:

Yahoo, PPR, help me pick 2 flexes.

Charcandrick West vs. Det
Charles Sims @Atl
Kendall Wright @Hou
Mike Wallace @Chi

I've pretty much lost the faith with Kendall Wright, but Mariota should be back so he's a possibility. Wallace is mainly in the running because of his matchup, but I'm leaning heavily towards West and Sims, as nervous as West makes me.

West and Sims would be the correct picks in full PPR, and like you said, the only way I'd consider Wright is if I absolutely know Mariota is starting.

Do I start Luck @ Carolina or Brees at home against the Giants? Standard Yahoo except 6PPTD and no PPR. I really want to go with Luck, but he looked atrocious against the Saints D last week and the Panthers are likely to break him.

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

I gotta go Bridgewater vs. CHI over Carr vs. NYJ, right? I feel like it's likely even points though but more upside with Teddy.

Brownhat
Jan 25, 2012

One cannot be a good person and enforce unjust laws.

Pick an RB2 and a FLEX, 1PPR

Charmander vs Det
Blount vs Mia
Smith Sr vs SD
Crabtree vs NYJ

Chill Penguin
Jan 10, 2004

you know korky buchek?

RBX posted:

Diggs
Maclin
Lewis

The rest have bad matchups and mariota just got hurt.

I made a bunch of changes recently and have no idea who to start at WR. I also dont know if I should start West or Stewart or both since IND and DET are lousy. Def playing Ivory.

I would feel pretty good if I were you, except maybe play Edelman over Allen. Although, since it's Thursday, probably stick with Allen.

Brownhat posted:

Pick an RB2 and a FLEX, 1PPR

Charmander vs Det
Blount vs Mia
Smith Sr vs SD
Crabtree vs NYJ

Charcandrick & SSS

weekly font posted:

I gotta go Bridgewater vs. CHI over Carr vs. NYJ, right? I feel like it's likely even points though but more upside with Teddy.

Flip a coin IMO

Chill Penguin fucked around with this message at 15:37 on Oct 28, 2015

madkapitolist
Feb 5, 2006
Amendola/Willie Snead/ Marvin Jones/ Jason Witten for Flex spot? My 2 WR at the moment are steve smith and LaFell.

0.5PPR

Lincoln
May 12, 2007

Ladies.
This is not a sit/start question, this is a trade/FA question. 0PPR.

I'm stacked at RB, but I have no TE. Our Foster owner has offered his backup TE (Rudoplph) for my Danny Woodhead; I will not do that. I have two options:

1) counteroffer my Woodhead for his Travis Kelce
2) pick up FA Delane Walker.

Kelce is better than Walker, but is he give-up-Woodhead better? My other RBs are Bell, Gurley, Forte, Hyde. I have no playable TE.

Skull Knight
Aug 2, 2013

Sexy bad choices
Lipstick Apathy
PPR league, and I need to pick a second RB and a Flex from the following:

RBs
Jeremy Hill (RB1 currently selected)
Ameer Abdullah (RB2 currently selected)
Knile Davis
Antonio Andrews

WRs
Steve Smith Sr. (Flex currently selected)
Golden Tate
Amari Cooper

I'd want to put Cooper in as my flex but he's going to be on Revis Island this week?

No clue about the RB2... I don't have anyone really worth it here; the next best RBs on the WW are Khiry Robinson, Darren Sproles, Chris Polk, and Branden Oliver.

Help please?

365 Nog Hogger
Jan 19, 2008

by Shine
NYJ @ OAK
or
GB @ DEN

I may have rostered a second DST that I do not intend to drop. Shut up, I dropped Golden Tate for GB. :c00lbert:

Lincoln posted:

This is not a sit/start question, this is a trade/FA question. 0PPR.

I'm stacked at RB, but I have no TE. Our Foster owner has offered his backup TE (Rudoplph) for my Danny Woodhead; I will not do that. I have two options:

1) counteroffer my Woodhead for his Travis Kelce
2) pick up FA Delane Walker.

Kelce is better than Walker, but is he give-up-Woodhead better? My other RBs are Bell, Gurley, Forte, Hyde. I have no playable TE.

Dang. I wouldn't otherwise say Kelce is worth Woodhead, but if you aren't going to be starting him, I'd try for Kelce and maybe a WR3.
e: Hell, with that RB corps, maybe try and turn one of your RB1's into Gronk+??

365 Nog Hogger fucked around with this message at 17:47 on Oct 28, 2015

Fat Lowtax
Nov 9, 2008

"I'm willing to pay up to $1200 for a big anime titty"

I have to sit one out of AJ Green, Sanders, Smith Sr., Peterson, Gurley and Doug Martin. Who should it be? Not bragging. Actually bragging a bit.

Brownhat
Jan 25, 2012

One cannot be a good person and enforce unjust laws.

Fat Lowtax posted:

I have to sit one out of AJ Green, Sanders, Smith Sr., Peterson, Gurley and Doug Martin. Who should it be? Not bragging. Actually bragging a bit.

Answer to this is easily sit Peterson. He hasn't scored or ran for 100 yards in weeks.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story
NFL.com, standard scoring, no PPR.

I wouldn't be wrong in thinking Danny Amendola (vs Miami) is a much better choice than Carlos Hyde (@ St. Louis), right? I know Amendola will lose targets to Gronk/Edelman but Hyde is playing on a stress fracture and the 49ers are fairly garbage anyway so I don't like his prospects.

I'm also not too hyped about Hillman vs Green Bay but he's my only other RB so he's kind of in by default.

e: Also which would be the better defense to play this week: Atlanta Falcons (vs Tampa Bay) or the Tennessee Titans (@ Houston)?

Twelve by Pies fucked around with this message at 19:02 on Oct 28, 2015

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004

365 Nog Hogger posted:

NYJ @ OAK
or
GB @ DEN

I may have rostered a second DST that I do not intend to drop. Shut up, I dropped Golden Tate for GB. :c00lbert:

Dang. I wouldn't otherwise say Kelce is worth Woodhead, but if you aren't going to be starting him, I'd try for Kelce and maybe a WR3.
e: Hell, with that RB corps, maybe try and turn one of your RB1's into Gronk+??

Jets handily. And for what it's worth I traded away Woodie for Kelce early in the season in .5ppr, and don't regret the decision as Jordan Cameron was my best option.

Pick 2, .5 ppr:

JStew vs IND
Charmander vs DET
Dion vs MIA
DMC vs SEA

Let me tell you - it's taken an impressive amount of butt-sucking through the wire to build up this stable of RB2/flexxors.
leaning Charmander hard and Dion soft and could be persuaded by JStew/DMC in Dion's spot

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

Stew and Charmander without thinking.

Crampy Grampaw
Jan 29, 2009
Any suggestions on starting Denver (vs. Green Bay) or Vikings for defense this week? Denver's literally the only reason I'm still in this but it's Green Bay....

SlipUp
Sep 30, 2006

stayin c o o l
John Brown @ Cleveland or James Jones @ Denver?

CanUSayGym
Aug 19, 2006

Hmm? Vincent van Gogh fuck myself?
Survey says?

I have no idea what to do with my guys. Right now I'm playing Miller over Ingram even though NYG has been getting run over the last couple games. And I'm a believer in the new Miami and NE giving up points to WR, but not sure if Edelman would be the surer bet this week, or even Maclin over Marshall since DET is giving up points to WR as well but he's coming off concussion. Or a WR in flex instead of a RB, so many drat options. I'll be second guessing myself till Sunday*

Standard Score

2 RB 2 WR 1 TE 1 FLEX
RB:
Lynch @DAL
Forte v MIN
Ingram v NYG
Miller @ NE

WR:
Edelman v MIA
James Jones @DEN
Maclin v DET
Marshall @OAK
Matthews @NE

TE:
Barnidge v ARI
Eifert @PIT

*thursday for Edelman, Matthews, Miller

CanUSayGym fucked around with this message at 21:20 on Oct 28, 2015

jmcg_omg_kekeke
Aug 11, 2006
Lolz
Yahoo no PPR league,

Should I play Travis Benjamin or Eddie Lacy in flex? Just picked Lacy up in a trade, point wise this season Benjamin has done more but I wonder if Lacy might blow up considering he had the bye week to rest up.

I could also bench Giovani Bernard so Lacy could be the RB2 but he's been so consistent I don't want to take him out.

gingerberger
Jun 20, 2014

Gotta love my Squirtle Swag

CanUSayGym posted:

I have no idea what to do with my guys. Right now I'm playing Miller over Ingram even though NYG has been getting run over the last couple games. And I'm a believer in the new Miami and NE giving up points to WR, but not sure if Edelman would be the surer bet this week, or even Maclin over Marshall since DET is giving up points to WR as well but he's coming off concussion. Or a WR in flex instead of a RB, so many drat options. I'll be second guessing myself till Sunday*

Standard Score

2 RB 2 WR 1 TE 1 FLEX
RB:
Lynch @DAL
Forte v MIN
Ingram v NYG
Miller @ NE

WR:
Edelman v MIA
James Jones @DEN
Maclin v DET
Marshall @OAK
Matthews @NE

TE:
Barnidge v ARI
Eifert @PIT

*thursday for Edelman, Matthews, Miller

Your team is stacked. Trade a RB + Rishard or James Jones for a stud Receiver. You should be able to get a stud for a low RB1 like Ingram + a WR2. If you can't find someone in to James Jones or Matthews trade Maclin. Assuming is brain still works he should be a high end RB2, you should be able to get a top 5 WR for RB8+WR15 pretty easily.

Also, start Maclin v Det over Matthews. If Maclin plays Det's D sucks and it could be high scoring so they'll have to throw to someone.

Antrodemus
Mar 8, 2002
Got a big ol mess of choices in a Yahoo standard league.

I need 2 WRs, 2 RBs, and a flex out of these choices:

T.Y. Hilton @ CAR
Martavis Bryant v CIN
James Jones @ DEN
Golden Tate @ KC
Brandon LaFell v MIA
Michael Crabtree v NYJ

Lamar Miller @ NE
Danny Woodhead @ BAL
Eddie Lacy @ DEN

Right now I'm doing two things Yahoo's predictions really don't like: I'm starting Hilton, Bryant and James Jones as WRs (Yahoo seems to think Jones will have an awful week and really likes Crabtree), and I'm sitting Eddie Lacy (I do have James Starks also but I don't trust any of them). Never thought I would be purposely starting Danny Woodhead over Lacy but here we are.

I also managed to pick up Brandon McManus, who got dropped for his bye last week. He's the preferred choice at K over Matt Bryant going forward, right?

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

Hilton, Bryant, Woodhead. Yes keep the kicker going forward.

Crunkjuice
Apr 4, 2007

That could've gotten in my eye!
*launches teargas at unarmed protestors*

I THINK OAKLAND PD'S USE OF EXCESSIVE FORCE WAS JUSTIFIED!
Newton or Big Ben in his return?

Eddie Lacy or Latavius Murray?

365 Nog Hogger
Jan 19, 2008

by Shine
I currently have Randall Cobb and Eddie Lacy (@DEN) on my bench. Do I play them over any of:
WR: Maclin vs DET, Martavis vs CIN
Flex: Diggs @ CHI

Crunkjuice posted:

Newton or Big Ben in his return?

Ben for sure.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

James Jones, TY Hilton or Antonio Brown? I'm not seeing much hope Ben plays this week, but I also see the Broncos don't give up much to WRs. Luck has been continuously poo poo but TY gave me a big week last week

Or I could bench Lamar Miller and start two of them

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

I don't know where you're getting Ben won't play because by all accounts he's gonna unless he gets shot or something. Tomlin has said it over and over. Ben is just being politically correct in saying he's questionable. He even had a full practice today.

RBX fucked around with this message at 07:46 on Oct 29, 2015

The Zack
Jan 1, 2005

Pillbug
Ben is DTP on Sunday

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

Intruder posted:

James Jones, TY Hilton or Antonio Brown? I'm not seeing much hope Ben plays this week, but I also see the Broncos don't give up much to WRs. Luck has been continuously poo poo but TY gave me a big week last week

Or I could bench Lamar Miller and start two of them

Brown. Even if Ben doesn't play (he will), Brown still went for 124 yds last week. But yeah, Ben's playing. Fire him up.

Farchanter
Jun 15, 2008
ESPN 0ppr

Bishop Sankey, Danny Woodhead, or Eddie Lacy?

Additionally, Travis Benjamin or Randall Cobb?

Chill Penguin
Jan 10, 2004

you know korky buchek?
I currently have Maclin in the flex, but should I start Dion tonight? Or one of these other guys? Yahoo .5ppr 6ptd:

Jagwires
May 31, 2009
Standard league

Rishard Mathews @NE or Moncrief @CAR

Luck @CAR or Palmer @CLE

Im thinking avoid Carolina. That correct?

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004

Farchanter posted:

ESPN 0ppr

Bishop Sankey, Danny Woodhead, or Eddie Lacy?

Additionally, Travis Benjamin or Randall Cobb?

Sankey? Really? Have you been misinterpreting his cratering ppg as something else?

Woodhead
Cobb

Chill Penguin
Jan 10, 2004

you know korky buchek?

Jagwires posted:

Standard league

Rishard Mathews @NE or Moncrief @CAR

Luck @CAR or Palmer @CLE

Im thinking avoid Carolina. That correct?

Yes. Palmer & Rishard

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Chill Penguin posted:

I currently have Maclin in the flex, but should I start Dion tonight? Or one of these other guys? Yahoo .5ppr 6ptd:

wait until the inactives come out for that game. Dion is still a coin toss.

Maclin's probably your best bet. I might start Evans over him, but Trufant shadowing Evans worries me.

dxt
Mar 27, 2004
METAL DISCHARGE
Should I hope John Brown plays on Sunday, or play one of Blount or Rishard Matthews tonight? If Brown doesn't play, I'm stuck with Riddick or whatever trash I find on waivers. Yahoo standard no ppr.

smoothitron
Dec 25, 2013

Big Brother
I need 2 QBs and 2 WRs. Full PPR

Aaron Rodgers @Den
Matt Ryan vs. TB
Ben Roethlisberger vs. Cin

Julio Jones vs. TB
Brandon Marshall @Oak
Alshon Jeffery vs. Min

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)
WR/TE flex (no dedicated TE spot). Pick 1.

Greg Olsen
Eric Decker
Stefon Diggs

Starting Julio and Alshon in the WR spots.

I have no freaking clue who to start here but I like the idea of Olsen on Monday night.

gbaby
Feb 6, 2015
.5ppr

A. Dalton @ Pit
Big Ben vs. Cin

Got Dalton when Ben went down :cool: Leaning towards Dalton just to be safe but idk. Also I'm hittin the Blount hard tonight hoping he goes off after a goose egg last week.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dphi
Jul 9, 2001
Blount vs Miami tonight or
Hyde @StL

I can also play them both since one's in the flex spot but they're both so unreliable that I'd rather stick one of my WRs in the flex.

• Locked thread