Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SlipUp
Sep 30, 2006

stayin c o o l
John Brown @ Cleveland or James Jones @ Denver?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SlipUp
Sep 30, 2006

stayin c o o l

LmaoTheKid posted:

WR/TE flex (no dedicated TE spot). Pick 1.

Greg Olsen
Eric Decker
Stefon Diggs

Starting Julio and Alshon in the WR spots.

I have no freaking clue who to start here but I like the idea of Olsen on Monday night.

Call me crazy, but I like Diggs here. Chicago's rush d is better than their pass d and Minnesota could get in a hole early and pass a bunch. Could be some garbage time stats too. Indy's D is terrible all around and I like Carolina to blow them out so I think the entire second half is gonna be all ground game from the Panthers.

Dango Bango posted:

ESPN standard scoring (no PPR). Need to pick a flex between Charcandrick West vs DET, Darren McFadden vs SEA, James Jones vs DEN, and John Brown @ CLE.

I'm leaning toward West due to the matchup and Brown being questionable. I don't really like McFadden's matchup with Seattle's run D and Jones is going to be matched up against Talib all night (Jones' worst game this season was when he was matched up against Sherman, although his only reception was a TD).

West definitely.

SlipUp
Sep 30, 2006

stayin c o o l

madkapitolist posted:

0.5 PPR,

Pick 2, one of the two needs to be TE

Willie Snead, Jason Witten, Delanie Walker, Marvin Jones

Walker, Jones.

pinegala posted:

Didn't get any responses, so asking again:
Yahoo standard, 0 PPR.

Denver vs GB
or
Minnesota vs Bears

Ugh... There's gotta be a better choice on waivers. Denver actually has a defense, go them. Minnesota gonna get carved up by Cutler/Forte/Jeffery.

SlipUp
Sep 30, 2006

stayin c o o l

gingerberger posted:

FWIW I'm a Bears fan and I expect Cutler to get sacked 5 times. I don't think either of those Ds is a great play, but both are probably playable.

Minnesota is 30th in the league for sacks. Their pass rush blows.

SlipUp
Sep 30, 2006

stayin c o o l

gingerberger posted:

They had 7 sacks vs Detroit last week

Saving them from last place out of 32. I suspect they'll regress to the mean sooner than repeat a performance vs an OL coach and OC on their last legs. Plus the Bears actually have a run game so the Vikings won't be able to tee off like they were able to vs the Lions.

SlipUp
Sep 30, 2006

stayin c o o l

timp posted:

.5 ppr Yahoo scoring, who's my flex:

Willie Snead vs. NYG
or
Marvin Jones @ Pit?

Jones

Eternal Hobo posted:

0 ppr, standard scoring

Latavius or Diggs? I'm considering Diggs since he's been having really good consistent games lately.

Diggs. Bad match up for Latavius.

Paperback Writer posted:

Non-PPR who wins my flex spot?

Forsett vs SD
John Brown @ CLE
Cobb @ DEN

and Diggs vs Maclin in my other league...

Forsett by a mile. Diggs if it's not too late, lower floor but higher ceiling.

SlipUp
Sep 30, 2006

stayin c o o l

Veritek83 posted:

Need some QB advice

Big Rape vs. CIN
Carson Palmer @ CLE

4 PATD, -1 per sack, -2 INT, 300/400 yd bonus, long TD bonus

I'm really torn here- I think Palmer is probably the safer play given Roethlisberger is coming back from injury, but I definitely think the ceiling is higher for Ben, given that that could become a legit shootout/reset game for the PIT offense.

If you can put only one QB on I would be less inclined to gamble. Same goes for the strength of the other team. I feel like Palmer is good for 20-25 points here, and Ben could be anywhere from 10-30.(The Bengals aren't a good match up.) If you need the points, go Palmer and see where Ben is at before starting him. You might end up playing match ups with two very good QBs.

SlipUp
Sep 30, 2006

stayin c o o l

EnsGDT posted:

Braindin Cooks vs NYG
Travis Benjamin vs ARI
Dez Bryant vs SEA
James Jones @ DEN

Pick two

Bryant, Jones. Benjamin is a match up based guy and Cooks is all hype with one good game to show for it.

SlipUp
Sep 30, 2006

stayin c o o l

Tortilla Maker posted:

Raiders rank last in the league against the pass. I'm probably going to stream Fitzpatrick in my QB position. That in mind:

Pick three (bold are currently in my line-up):

J. Jones vs. TB
A. Brown vs. CIN
B. Marshall vs. OAK
E. Decker vs. OAK

I also have C. Ivory as my RB1.

This will be disastrous if the Jets have a bad day.

Stay the course.

Arcturas posted:

I need a flex:

Jonathan Stewart (Car RB v. Ind)
Giovani Bernard (Cin RB @Pit)
James Jones (GB WR @Den)
Dez Bryant (Dal WR v. Sea)

I'm inclined to go with J. Stewart, since the Colts have been kinda lovely against the run. Bernard has been surprising recently but I think that the Steelers' run defense is pretty solid. (I could run him at RB2 instead of Frank Gore I suppose) Jones is great but the Broncos have a great secondary.

OR DEZ. But I am just too nervous about running Dez his first week back.

I kinda need consistency since I'm up against one of the better teams in our league. She's already got 20 points from Edelman, but I had the Pats D/ST & Gostkowski so I think that evened out.

Sit Gore start J Stew and Gio.

EricHall posted:

Pick 1 (PPR League):

James Jones @DEN
Willie Snead vs NYG

Right now, I have Jones in, but with Denver having a really good defense, I worry he won't get a ton of receptions. Snead has had two bad weeks, but it's not like the Saints aren't going to be throwing it. I could also pick up a Nate Washington or Eddie Royal, if need be.

Jones. He's a good bet to score a TD at least. Snead will be happy to gain 50 yards.

Swarmin Swedes posted:

Projected to win by 35 so probably just need a safe floor but with news of Gates playing would you start

Stevie Johnson @BAL
Antonio Gates @BAL

I go Johnson. Gates will be covered by stud TE covering LB CJ Mosley, the one solid part of that D. Stevie will be facing 5th and 6th string guys deep down the field.

SlipUp
Sep 30, 2006

stayin c o o l

Murphy Brownback posted:

Gates or Delanie Walker? I think Walker is the safer play and is pretty good in his own right, but I feel like Gates might have a higher ceiling even if he is slightly limited.

Gates

Rogue Elephant posted:

Delanie Walker vs HOU or Jimmy Graham vs DAL? 1 PPR.

Walker

SlipUp
Sep 30, 2006

stayin c o o l

Arcturas posted:

:negative:
Goons, I trusted you! I relied upon you!
(still likely to win, but between that and Bell's impending death I'm going to have to scramble for the rest of the season.)

hahaha, for what it's worth I think Gore is still gonna have a bad game. Sorry!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SlipUp
Sep 30, 2006

stayin c o o l

Tortilla Maker posted:

:allears:

Bad but not disastrous. Still up by 28 points and my opponent only has Cam Newton left to play...

My Fitz team was starting Steve Smith and LVB too. I'm down by 60 and the only player between us left to play is my Greg Olsen.

You can do it Greg!

:suicide:

• Locked thread