Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Volume posted:

My manager recently gave me a 15 dollar gift card to Applebee's and I was just like "what am I suppose to do with this? "
get food, you big dumb idiot

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Volume posted:

My manager recently gave me a 15 dollar gift card to Applebee's and I was just like "what am I suppose to do with this? "

Hello, this is a Capps Challenge, its like a mod challenge but I have no power.

Your challenge is to hand it out during Halloween.

Dick Fagballzson
Sep 29, 2005

Hashtag GBS posted:

the food is going to cook itself and serve itself to me? gently caress, i really am an idiot

I guess you're right. Without the bored high school and college kids spitting and jacking off on the frozen food, it won't have the same taste.

Piss off the waitstaff and you can have that same experience anywhere i guess

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pDlR_ccnZww

Hashtag GBS
May 10, 2015

by Lowtax

Dick Fagballzson posted:

I guess you're right. Without the bored high school and college kids spitting and jacking off on the frozen food, it won't have the same taste.

Piss off the waitstaff and you can have that same experience anywhere i guess

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pDlR_ccnZww

i've worked in a few restaurants, both as waitstaff and as a line cook, among other jobs. semen and spit are the least of your worries and if gross things in food bothers you, dont go out to eat, anywhere

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Hashtag GBS posted:

i've worked in a few restaurants, both as waitstaff and as a line cook, among other jobs. semen and spit are the least of your worries and if gross things in food bothers you, dont go out to eat, anywhere

If ya'll bleed plz do use the glove bruh.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
idk I've worked in a few restaurants in the kitchen and the food never got tampered with. there just isn't even time - what I'm gonna go whack off in the middle of dinner service just because some front of house bitch is mad at a customer? pff

maybe another reason to not eat at lovely restaurants where the cooks don't give a gently caress about what they're putting out :shrug:

Dick Fagballzson
Sep 29, 2005

Hashtag GBS posted:

Which is why I mostly stay home and cook or when I do eat out I go to places with open kitchens, where I can see exactly what's happening to the food.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Dick Fagballzson posted:

Which is why I mostly stay home and cook or when I do eat out I go to places with open kitchens, where I can see exactly what's happening to the food.

yeah or just go to nicer restaurants

goddamn you people are paranoid. like you'd even be able to tell if someone messed with your food in an open kitchen. presumably if they were gonna serve you jizz they would have done it already when they were prepping and you wouldn't be able to tell when they use the jizz sauce on the line.

Dick Fagballzson
Sep 29, 2005
Most nicer restaurants now have open kitchens

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
95% of open kitchens there's no way you can see the actual line or the actual prep work from where you are sitting anyway so it's kind of a moot point is it not?

\/\/\/ yea

Moridin920 fucked around with this message at 17:26 on Oct 28, 2015

Hashtag GBS
May 10, 2015

by Lowtax
you also have to know what the gently caress youre even looking at to figure out if that cook is going to serve you up a side of botulism

Dick Fagballzson
Sep 29, 2005
It makes it harder to get away with having a dirty kitchen. Also makes it harder to do anything really disgusting to the food because someone might see. They can still do stuff, but it's harder than chain restaurants where you can't see the kitchen.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Dick Fagballzson posted:

It makes it harder to get away with having a dirty kitchen. Also makes it harder to do anything really disgusting to the food because someone might see.

I've worked in open kitchens and it really doesn't. The kitchen was clean as hell but hypothetically if the inside reach ins and 9 pans and whatever where all the mise en place is are dirty there's no way you'd be able to tell from the dining area. Ditto for the inside of the ovens, the fryers, the fryer oil, all that poo poo.

None of the prep was done on the line and it's always done before you get there regardless so if they were going to do anything really disgusting to the food it would have been done at that point because ain't nobody got time to go JO in the middle of dinner service.

Moridin920 fucked around with this message at 17:29 on Oct 28, 2015

Dick Fagballzson
Sep 29, 2005
I hardly eat out anyway unless I'm traveling. I can cook better food myself than almost any restaurant.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
I doubt that but as you like.

If the reason is you're afraid of your food getting hosed with though it's just really uncommon. fwiw I've never seen anything like that happen and if poo poo was dirty the head chef would flip out. Just don't go somewhere where the kitchen staff obviously aren't going to give a gently caress - usually cooks/chefs do care about what they are serving just as a point of pride and they'd never tamper with their own food.

Ahundredbux
Oct 25, 2007

The right to bear arms
Just convert to soylent and live without worries

Hashtag GBS
May 10, 2015

by Lowtax

Ahundredbux posted:

Just convert to soylent and live without worries

i believe he specifically mentions being worried abt eating cum

fuck the ROW
Aug 29, 2008

by zen death robot
im going to get the fried chicken now :devil:

Enfield
May 30, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
no one is jizzing in your food.
e: unless you specifically ask for jizz but thats at the chefs discrection whether to jizz or not

Dick Fagballzson
Sep 29, 2005

Moridin920 posted:

I doubt that but as you like.

Most restaurants can't even pull off a proper eggs bendedict. I have no idea how they gently caress up hollandaise that badly. Not that hard to cook better when the bar is set so low.

Dick Fagballzson fucked around with this message at 17:45 on Oct 28, 2015

Ahundredbux
Oct 25, 2007

The right to bear arms

Hashtag GBS posted:

i believe he specifically mentions being worried abt eating cum

Don't worry you can come to my house and eat 100% pure cum, no additives

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
The reality of the situation is the cooks don't give enough of a poo poo about you or any individual diner to bother.

Dick Fagballzson posted:

Most restaurants can't even pull off a proper eggs bendedict. I have no idea how they gently caress up hollaindaise that badly. Not that hard to cook better when the bar is set so low.

Everyone like their hollaindaise a little different but yeah most places are bad about it. Go to better restaurants.

I just meant like I doubt you can cook the range of food that restaurants can give you; I'm a good cook but there's no way I'm making sushi as well as someone who has been making sushi for 15 years can. There's no way I can get Thai to taste as good as some Thai person cooking that poo poo for 10 years can.

Plus restaurants can often source much higher quality ingredients than you'd otherwise be able to get, either due to just lack of suppliers or the cost of the ingredient; I'm not paying for a whole fresh tuna or whatever to get delivered to my house just so I can have 1 plate of it. Saffron is another example of something that is expensive as poo poo if you buy it but I'll gladly have 1 portion of it on 1 plate of food.

A good restaurant can make those kinds of purchases and come up with some amazing specials that I'd end up paying out the rear end for in groceries if I tried to replicate even if I could.

Moridin920 fucked around with this message at 17:49 on Oct 28, 2015

Hashtag GBS
May 10, 2015

by Lowtax

Dick Fagballzson posted:

Most restaurants can't even pull off a proper eggs bendedict. I have no idea how they gently caress up hollaindaise that badly. Not that hard to cook better when the bar is set so low.

stop going to places like applebees then i guess

Dick Fagballzson
Sep 29, 2005

Moridin920 posted:

Plus restaurants can often source much higher quality ingredients than you'd otherwise be able to get, either due to just lack of suppliers or the cost of the ingredient; I'm not paying for a whole fresh tuna or whatever to get delivered to my house just so I can have 1 plate of it. Saffron is another example of something that is expensive as poo poo if you buy it but I'll gladly have 1 portion of it on 1 plate of food.

A good restaurant can make those kinds of purchases and come up with some amazing specials that I'd end up paying out the rear end for in groceries if I tried to replicate even if I could.

Costco

1gnoirents
Jun 28, 2014

hello :)

Hobohemian posted:

"How was your night out?"

"Cheap and effective."

Lol.

:lol:

Ghaz
Nov 19, 2004

Hobohemian posted:

"How was your night out?"

"Cheap and effective."

Lol.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

uh Costco is awesome but you're not going to get the high quality fresh stuff restaurants can get from there.

I can go to the restaurant supply store and buy a whole animal to take home and butcher myself. No way Costco meat is going to come anywhere near to that and there's also no way I'm bothering to do that for one meal that I feel like eating. No way Costco's seafood is as good as the fresh caught stuff that gets delivered in the morning straight from the fish markets.

Moridin920 fucked around with this message at 18:11 on Oct 28, 2015

Captain Yossarian
Feb 24, 2011

All new" Rings of Fire"

Dick Fagballzson posted:

Most restaurants can't even pull off a proper eggs bendedict. I have no idea how they gently caress up hollandaise that badly. Not that hard to cook better when the bar is set so low.

Five star chef Burger King up in here

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Hashtag GBS posted:

Combine that w some half off apps and youve got yourself a cheap and effective night out

shocking that a person that uses the word "apps" also looks for their nights out to be "cheap & effective"

living with aspergers must be an exhausting thing to deal with on a daily basis

Bacontotem
May 27, 2010

Jerry Mumphrey posted:

but arbys is the best fast food place

A good Arbys is a magical place of fast food. A bad one will likely get you shot and sick.

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug

Chinatown posted:

shocking that a person that uses the word "apps" also looks for their nights out to be "cheap & effective"

Cheap is nice when you're a college student hanging out with the same group of friends almost everyday and you've already been to every restaurant in town. Aint nothing wrong with filling an evening with half off mozz sticks and cheap beer. Now that I go out to eat a lot less I don't really care too much about price and seldom go to chains but i do think people exaggerate just how bad they are. Their specials are generally going to be the cheapest food around and the quality is passable.

Hashtag GBS
May 10, 2015

by Lowtax

Chinatown posted:

you tell me? you're flipping out because somebody extolled the virtues of cheap food and beer. applebees sells the same poo poo beer for $3 that other places do for twice or more around here. so yeah. it gets you effectively drunk, for cheap, and you can have some mediocre cheap food as well.

but yeah, lets talk about aspergers.

proof of concept
Mar 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

ArbitraryC posted:

Cheap is nice when you're a college student hanging out with the same group of friends almost everyday and you've already been to every restaurant in town. Aint nothing wrong with filling an evening with half off mozz sticks and cheap beer. Now that I go out to eat a lot less I don't really care too much about price and seldom go to chains but i do think people exaggerate just how bad they are. Their specials are generally going to be the cheapest food around and the quality is passable.

why not just type out the whole word?

mozzarella

see? like that

Hashtag GBS
May 10, 2015

by Lowtax

proof of concept posted:

mozzarella

see? like that

yeah its really weird when people shorten names to make them easier to type or say, like maybe condensing a 3 word name down to 4 letters

Captain Yossarian
Feb 24, 2011

All new" Rings of Fire"
Who are you a rereg of? You can't get that quality of aggressive poo poo posting without experience...

Hashtag GBS
May 10, 2015

by Lowtax

Captain Yossarian posted:

Who are you a rereg of? You can't get that quality of aggressive poo poo posting without experience...

hes just a buddy of mine that im giving poo poo to but thank you for the vote of confidence

proof of concept
Mar 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Hashtag GBS posted:

hes just a buddy of mine that im giving poo poo to but thank you for the vote of confidence

with "friends" like these who needs enemies am I right fellas?

also, who the gently caress are you"?

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug

proof of concept posted:

mozzarella

see? like that
Why not use capital letters and punctuation? What a dumb post.

Cowman
Feb 14, 2006

Beware the Cow

The people at Applebees know me because I eat there once a week on my lunch break. It's the only decent not junk food place to eat near my workplace and they're really nice and sometimes give me discounts so that's cool :buddy:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dick Fagballzson
Sep 29, 2005

Cowman posted:

The people at Applebees know me because I eat there once a week on my lunch break. It's the only decent not junk food place to eat near my workplace and they're really nice and sometimes give me discounts so that's cool :buddy:

You do know that casual chain sitdown places actually have far worse calorie counts and are usually way worse for you than any fast food, right?

• Locked thread