Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
huskarl_marx
Oct 13, 2013

by zen death robot

Germstore posted:

You're the dude who thinks hydrogenated oil is in mayo. It is not. Hydrogenation makes oil have a higher melting point and is therefore unsuitable.

if I was acting like a know-it-all instead of coming from a position of ignorance i could totally understand getting jumped on, but anyway thanks for having some information in your post

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pimpcasso
Mar 13, 2002

VOLS BITCH

Modest Mauser posted:

Overcooking it or buying lovely turkey, like basically every single person whose turkey I have ever eaten besides my own.
Why do people find it such a colossal chore to not overcook bird ??

I bet your turkey is poo poo :colbert:

Modest Mauser
Oct 28, 2009

Daedra posted:

I bet your turkey is poo poo :colbert:

WOAH.
Do not make me challenge you to a loving turk-off.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
i just like to combine egg and oil and lather it over my moist store cold cuts because they're just tasteless on their own and stick to this wonderbread like nobody's business haha

that's just how we do it in iowa

Hometown Slime Queen
Oct 26, 2004

the GOAT
I'm not going to cook a whole turkey to slice it for lunchmeat for sandwiches you loving retards
Sometimes supermarket turkey is a bit dry, you put loving mayo on it

Modest Mauser
Oct 28, 2009

You can buy non-poo poo turkey that also is not dry.
Sorry about your birds. :(

starry skies above
Aug 23, 2015

by zen death robot
Look I'm a plebe who is not the least bit fancy enough to make his own turkey. But I gotta question.

What do you guys think of rotisserie chicken sold by super markets? I really like the one sold by Costco. It's quite tasty, but unfortunately I find the none dark meat portions useless after refrigeration.

What to do with the chunks of breasts leftover? They're usually tasteless.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

QUEEN CAUCUS posted:

I'm not going to cook a whole turkey to slice it for lunchmeat for sandwiches you loving retards

lmao if you don't go to the supermarket deli and have them slice you some fresh cuts

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

A Serious Candidate For a Serious Time
False dilemma; mayo improves both good and bad turkey.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
look all I'm saying is if you don't have mayo just don't use mayo you don't need to find some other even more calorie filled spread

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

We are not living in the dark ages of low fat anymore. If you aren't actively trying to shed weight the fat ain't a big deal.

Lolie
Jun 4, 2010

AUSGBS Thread Mum

starry skies above posted:

Look I'm a plebe who is not the least bit fancy enough to make his own turkey. But I gotta question.

What do you guys think of rotisserie chicken sold by super markets? I really like the one sold by Costco. It's quite tasty, but unfortunately I find the none dark meat portions useless after refrigeration.

It's a crap shoot. If you buy it as soon as it comes off the rotisserie and if you store it properly, the white meat should be fine for a couple of days. If it's been sitting in the bain marie before you buy it, and then you don't store it properly it's going to be pretty nasty.

Do you break down the chicken into portions when you get it home or do you throw the whole thing on a plate and just pull bits off as needed?

QUEEN CAUCUS posted:

You should be able to buy turkey thigh and breast fillets at the supermarket. Poach it in stock and you'll have supermoist turkey meat to last you several days. Or roast a couple of turkey shanks if you prefer dark meat.

Lolie fucked around with this message at 03:04 on Oct 28, 2015

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

put in chicken salad or in with the carcass to make stock

starry skies above
Aug 23, 2015

by zen death robot

Lolie posted:

It's a crap shoot. If you buy it as soon as it comes off the rotisserie and if you store it properly, the white meat should be fine for a couple of days. If it's been sitting in the bain marie before you buy it, and then you don't store it properly it's going to be pretty nasty.

Do you break down the chicken into portions when you get it home or do you throw the whole thing on a plate and just pull bits off as needed?

That's what I've been doing -- I would usually just leave it in the container and cut off the pieces as needed.

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

That's what I've been doing -- I would usually just leave it in the container and cut off the pieces as needed.

use the carcass to make broth cut up the breasts make chicken soup

GAYS FOR DAYS
Dec 22, 2005

by exmarx
baba ganoush hauls rear end on a sandwich

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Blue Train posted:

use the carcass to make broth cut up the breasts make chicken soup

use fideo or gtfo

Thots and Prayers
Jul 13, 2006

A is the for the atrocious abominated acts that YOu committed. A is also for ass-i-nine, eight, seven, and six.

B, b, b - b is for your belligerent, bitchy, bottomless state of affairs, but why?

C is for the cantankerous condition of our character, you have no cut-out.
Grimey Drawer
Tuna fish, very ripe avocado, some salt, optional evoo drops if it's a small avo.

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

lol at worrying about fat while eating a fish that is 90% mercury

Thots and Prayers
Jul 13, 2006

A is the for the atrocious abominated acts that YOu committed. A is also for ass-i-nine, eight, seven, and six.

B, b, b - b is for your belligerent, bitchy, bottomless state of affairs, but why?

C is for the cantankerous condition of our character, you have no cut-out.
Grimey Drawer

Blue Train posted:

lol at worrying about fat while eating a fish that is 90% mercury

Hey man if you like your RDA of mercury served oily that's up to you but the best texture is drier than the mayo soup people tend to make.

rabble rabble
Mar 24, 2015

Nap Ghost
hummus makes a good spread, which is why it's a staple of half the god drat world's cooking

also, mayo is a perfectly fine and normal condiment, what the gently caress is with GBS tonight drat people

Infinite Karma
Oct 23, 2004
Good as dead

a good substitute for mayo is just not eating mayo. dry turkey is better than adding that horse cum you philistines

Hashtag GBS
May 10, 2015

by Lowtax
mayo has been in use for hundreds of years and is very popular so ofc idiots in gbs dont like it lol

circ dick soleil
Sep 27, 2012

by zen death robot
hummus tastes like rear end

Son of Rodney
Feb 22, 2006

ohmygodohmygodohmygod

rabble rabble posted:

hummus makes a good spread, which is why it's a staple of half the god drat world's cooking

also, mayo is a perfectly fine and normal condiment, what the gently caress is with GBS tonight drat people

yeah I went to a shop that sold it last week and guy was constantly talking about how "it makes a good spread"

"Yeah it's really healthy it's just chicpeas and some stuff, and it makes a good spread"

"We sell about 10 variations, even some with bacon, they all make a good spread"

"You know that red meat is supposed to give you cancer now? Hummus definitely doesn't hahaha and it makes a good spread"

Weirdo, but nice.

Son of Rodney
Feb 22, 2006

ohmygodohmygodohmygod

Also the mayo thing that america has is hilarious.

*Shoves bacon covered pancake into his gullet, along with a salad swimming in ranch dressing and baby-sized cola*

"Mayonnaise?? On french fries???? Ew GROSS!"

*Wipes mouth with slab of ham* "

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

circ dick soleil posted:

hummus tastes like rear end

You have either been tasting

A: gross hummus
B: delicious asses
C: chickpeas actually growing in really gross asses.

King of Bees
Dec 28, 2012
Gravy Boat 2k
Yeah but consider

Miracle Whip. :smuggo:

Enfield
May 30, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Hashtag GBS
May 10, 2015

by Lowtax

Son of Rodney posted:

Also the mayo thing that america has is hilarious.

*Shoves bacon covered pancake into his gullet, along with a salad swimming in ranch dressing and baby-sized cola*

"Mayonnaise?? On french fries???? Ew GROSS!"

*Wipes mouth with slab of ham* "

This is a good post imo

gizmojumpjet
Feb 21, 2006

Fill your bowl to the brim and it will spill. Keep sharpening your knife and it will blunt.
Grimey Drawer
You can also use Ranch or Thousand Island salad dressing.

Write this poo poo down.

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

It's funny how American Television Ramsay is a totally different person than British Television Ramsay.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
If you brine a turkey it won't be dry and then you never have to keep nasty rear end mayonnaise in your house

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

oh look, it's A GLISTENING HODOR being absolutely wrong about something.

e: except brine is good, but mayo is also good.

Hashtag GBS
May 10, 2015

by Lowtax
i find most people that 'hate mayonnaise' to be considerably insecure

Moltke
May 13, 2009
We don't need troublemakers like OP coming around these parts and stirring up the pot

big black turnout
Jan 13, 2009

Fallen Rib

huskarl_marx posted:

if only most mayo was just oil, egg and lemon juice whipped fine with a little salt to taste, if only

what the gently caress even is hydrogenated vegetable oil -- do they put water in it to increase mass, weight, or do they put hydrogen atoms into the structure to deter bacterial growth, or do they just whip it with hydrogen like in a whipped creme bottle??

that's why i just make fresh mayo or aioli with eggs from my backyard when I want it

edit: and lol if you don't keep your own chickens

circ dick soleil
Sep 27, 2012

by zen death robot

Trent posted:

You have either been tasting

A: gross hummus
B: delicious asses
C: chickpeas actually growing in really gross asses.

yes

Hometown Slime Queen
Oct 26, 2004

the GOAT
lol if you don't buy fertilized turkey eggs, rear the chicks, raise them to adulthood, then slaughter, pluck, and dress your own turkeys you fuckin plebs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot

QUEEN CAUCUS posted:

lol if you don't buy fertilized turkey eggs, rear the chicks, raise them to adulthood, then slaughter, pluck, and dress your own turkeys you fuckin plebs

lol if you don't selectively breed your turkeys to be optimal before doing the above

• Locked thread