Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

New guy, former cop turns out to be the insider? Why wasn't that obvious from the start?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moxie
Aug 2, 2003

Professor Shark posted:

New guy, former cop turns out to be the insider? Why wasn't that obvious from the start?

All the crimes he committed

KennyLoggins
Dec 3, 2004
Welcome to the Danger Zone
http://departedboom.ytmnd.com/

Ill Peripheral
Jun 29, 2008
His hands don't shake

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

He told them he wasn't. Try paying attention. He does it at least three times, including his first loving scene with Nicholson.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

you'd think at least one of them had seen Infernal Affairs and could've seen it coming.

Son of Rodney
Feb 22, 2006

ohmygodohmygodohmygod

It's called "acting", stupid. If they had noticed that he was a rat the movie would have been over in a couple of minutes, so they paid actors to pretend to be gangsters that believe him. Use your head next time, please.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Professor Shark posted:

he spent 18 months in jail and they re-busted up his hand. Then he still wanted to see The Joker

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL
I didn't like the departed

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

DUNK A DILL PICKLE REALDO
everyone in that movie was willfully blind, also martin scorsese is a loving hack

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Gaunab posted:

I didn't like the departed

thats nice no one cares

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake

Professor Shark posted:

because it turned out the other dude was a cop try paying attention next time and use you rbrain

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

thats nice no one cares

you do

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

a little bit. it was the last movie i downloaded on a torrent

toggle
Nov 7, 2005

He did a lot of nervous sweating. Kind of a giveaway

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
a true crime boss would have just killed them all and started over at that point i mean it's what like 5 dudes?

gently caress em

Otto Von Jizzmark
Dec 27, 2004
Departed more like defarted!

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

BUT FRANK WAS THE RAT ALL ALONGGGGGGGGGG

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

now that i live in boston i finally understand the movie: you're supposed to cheer and hope eveyr single one of these obnoxious pieces of poo poo dies, and frown at the end when one gets away

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

i felt the same about the wire season 2, i realizaed "oh i'm supposed to hate these dock workers, ok i get it now" and i cheered as their lives fell apart and they were murdered

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost
did any of you idiots actually watch this movie

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

i watched it when it came out and i think i remember hating every minute of it, it's posible there were a couple mini8ntes in there i liked but i doubt it

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

it's not really surprising that quentin tarantino, famous hack, makes poo poo films w exactly the same career arc as his #1 Influence, martin scorsese, famous hack

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

he must have known his creative years were over when he realized his one genuinely good film was the one where he put himself in it saying racist poo poo, exactly like scorsese 20 years before

the Bunt
Sep 24, 2007

YOUR GOLDEN MAGNETIC LIGHT
any thing or person that is renowned by anyone is invariably poo poo. thus spoke goon

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

nah, there are lots of things that are great, like Leonardo da Vinci and David Lynch and Outkast, but neither Quentin nor Martin are on that list

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

they did each manage to slip a film onto that list tho, so good job, the vast majority of humankind never makes it even that far

Dr. Fraiser Chain
May 18, 2004

Redlining my shit posting machine

Because the mob boss puts together a scheme to find the rat. He leaves people he suspects behind while he does a "new job with new guys". Leonardo's character calls this into Marky Mark, saying he doesn't know what's going on. Marky Mark tells him to gently caress off and doesn't do anything with the information. Since the cops don't show up on the new job with the new guys the mob boss thinks Leo is clean.

Bacicot
Apr 3, 2004
Lipstick Apathy
The giveaway is in that one scene where there's a cell phone

Oh wait that's every single scene

med school head
Apr 17, 2012
after hours is a better scorsese

the Bunt
Sep 24, 2007

nomadologique posted:

nah, there are lots of things that are great, like Leonardo da Vinci and David Lynch and Outkast, but neither Quentin nor Martin are on that list

I don't think Martin is an untouchable god genius, but i think on craft alone he is in no sense bad at directing. He's chosen a lot of terrible scripts to make movies out of, i guess, but that's something else.

the Bunt
Sep 24, 2007

I'm on first name basis with Martin, and he's pretty miffed right now.

Dr. Fraiser Chain
May 18, 2004

Redlining my shit posting machine

The real loving crime of that movie is random guy who shoots Leo in the elevator. A character never referenced or really seen in the movie before merely as a gently caress you, you won't see it coming moment to the watcher

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

in the biz that's called a "deus ex"

jet sanchEz
Oct 24, 2001

Lousy Manipulative Dog

nomadologique posted:

also martin scorsese is a loving hack

His early movies are great but he really got pretty bad in the 90s and 00s and when I heard he was remaking Infernal Affairs I thought, welp, that is it.

And at the Oscars when the "Best" director presenters were Spielberg, Lucas and Coppola I guffawed so loudly I startled my dog. So transparent.

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012

the Bunt posted:

I'm on first name basis with Martin, and he's pretty miffed right now.

tell him i liked wolf of wallstreet

Tujague
May 8, 2007

by LadyAmbien

Goodpancakes posted:

The real loving crime of that movie is random guy who shoots Leo in the elevator. A character never referenced or really seen in the movie before merely as a gently caress you, you won't see it coming moment to the watcher

That guy repeatedly showed up in the movie, acted goony, and then the camera lingered on him while matt damon walked away and he made a thoughtful face he was basically chekov's gun

All that was missing was a riddling pipe organ sound effect to tip you off that something was up like dun-dun-DUNNN???????

Scorcese is good at movies but The Departed was p lame

Bringing Out The Dead was p good even though patricia arquette tried to ruin it

Also Tarantino's poo poo is almost all above par except Jackie Brown

suck it

extra stout
Feb 24, 2005

ISILDUR's ERR
get ready for your mind to be blown boys

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AgSja633_F4

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

extra stout posted:

get ready for your mind to be blown boys

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AgSja633_F4

loving fag!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

nomadologique posted:

now that i live in boston i finally understand the movie: you're supposed to cheer and hope eveyr single one of these obnoxious pieces of poo poo dies, and frown at the end when one gets away

Welcome to my mind friend

• Locked thread