Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should we ban anime
drat right, OP.
Of course, no question about it.
View Results

• Locked thread
Captain Yossarian
Feb 24, 2011

All new" Rings of Fire"
Manga is haram

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
absolutely haram

That Robot
Sep 16, 2004

ask me anything about robots
Buglord

ReagaNOMNOMicks posted:

aren't you the one who paid for the dickbutt mortar bomb dropped on russian troops?

Link please

Hobohemian
Sep 30, 2005

by XyloJW
I wonder if the pedophile defense brigade uses a school bell to call it's members to action?

Creamed Cormp
Jan 8, 2011

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
what are the UN pussies gonna do anyway if i jerk it to 5000 years old vampire yukikorikoyu-chan? send me a sternly worded warning me that eventually some days they might possibly stop being pussies and leverage some very moderate sanctions on me?

lmbo

a bay
Oct 14, 2014

by Lowtax

Moridin920 posted:

lmao nice upskirt panty shot of what looks like a 10 year old

If you look at that drawing and see child pono then that is on you and if that is your ace in the hole then lol because it doesnt look like anything that would be out of place on an American comic book, in fact its pretty modest in comparison to a lot of the super hero stuff

Crash_N_Burn
Apr 19, 2014

"My fellow Americans, I'm pleased to tell you today that I've signed legislation that will outlaw Anime forever. We begin bombing in five minutes" 

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
Would the world be a better place without anime?

The answer is yes, yes it would

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
Dragonball z is not and has never been anime for the record

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
gunsmith cats is a very weird thing to defend if you are talking about sexualized children. the blond girl gets married to a former john who was her client when she was 13 and worked at a brothel. poo poo's gross.

most anime is good and cool, though.

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer
I'm flipping through this right now and it's real weird

a bay
Oct 14, 2014

by Lowtax

Serious Frolicking posted:

gunsmith cats is a very weird thing to defend if you are talking about sexualized children. the blond girl gets married to a former john who was her client when she was 13 and worked at a brothel. poo poo's gross.

most anime is good and cool, though.

Have you ever seen the film, "Taxi Driver"

Pinch Me Im Meming
Jun 26, 2005

That Robot posted:

Link please

http://archives.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3662635
somewhere in there. 695 pages to skim through, not gonna do it.

a bay
Oct 14, 2014

by Lowtax
Imagine one of these guys giving a presentation on the floor at a UN assembly fast forwarding through episodes of Sailor Moon and pausing it whenever they change outfits so he can draw circles around their panties with a laser pointer

Quote-Unquote
Oct 22, 2002

Hobohemian posted:

I wonder if the pedophile defense brigade uses a school bell to call it's members to action?

lol no that'd be terrible, they'd all just ejaculate and be rendered sleepy.

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

A Serious Candidate For a Serious Time

a bay posted:

Imagine one of these guys giving a presentation on the floor at a UN assembly fast forwarding through episodes of Sailor Moon and pausing it whenever they change outfits so he can draw circles around their panties with a laser pointer

or you know. a cover, a still image, literally the first thing you see an image to get weirdos to buy the book.

Archer666
Dec 27, 2008
In the near future, manga and anime are outlawed by the UN. One man hunts all of them down!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MBSDD1U2WdI

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

a bay
Oct 14, 2014

by Lowtax

Germstore posted:

or you know. a cover, a still image, literally the first thing you see an image to get weirdos to buy the book.

This guy has to close his eyes or stare at the ceiling when he is on the bus or train and a girl in her late teens wearing a short skirt sits across from him

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

a bay posted:

This guy has to close his eyes or stare at the ceiling when he is on the bus or train and a girl in her late teens wearing a short skirt sits across from him

Am I being trolled?

The_Franz
Aug 8, 2003

a bay posted:

Have you ever seen the film, "Taxi Driver"

So you're saying we should arm Robert De Niro, send him to Japan and let him kill all the anime pedo artists? Good idea.

Lamebot
Sep 8, 2005

ロボ顔菌~♡
anime and manga normalize child prostitution.

Snatch Duster
Feb 20, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
idk it seems pretty straight forward, lock up all people that read and buy anime.

p sure it will end pedophilia forever

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

This thread is good because it created what is probably the weakest burn in GBS history, "look at this guy, I bet he doesn't even stare up teenage girls' skirts!"

a bay
Oct 14, 2014

by Lowtax
The worst part about shopping at department stores has got to be crashing your cart head on into someone elses when you are walking by the girls underwear section with one hand over your eyes

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

I read somewhere that the reason so much Japanese media takes place in high school is that Japanese university and work culture is so completely hosed that high school is the last time most Japanese people remember being happy with their lives

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

a bay posted:

The worst part about shopping at department stores has got to be crashing your cart head on into someone elses when you are walking by the girls underwear section with one hand over your eyes

keep on truckin', man

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
the japanese are hardly people

Pinch Me Im Meming
Jun 26, 2005

loquacius posted:

I read somewhere that the reason so much Japanese media takes place in high school is that Japanese university and work culture is so completely hosed that high school is the last time most Japanese people remember being happy with their lives

i remember reading that too so we probably read it in GBS.

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Moridin920 posted:

lmao nice upskirt panty shot of what looks like a 10 year old

You jacked off to it.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

A comic book about cats who are also gunsmiths. I'd read it.

Creamed Cormp
Jan 8, 2011

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
look at this fluffy lille kittycat trying to install a new barrel on this remington 700... he can't do it with his cute little paws dawwwwww

seriously though, the UN has a state that practise crucifixion on its human rights council and has generally been proven to be a worthless waste of time and paperwork, but now they got anime in their sights, pedophilia's days are numbered lol

a bay
Oct 14, 2014

by Lowtax

Human Grand Prix posted:

You jacked off to it.

Im going to assume this is true unless he says other wise

Captain Yossarian
Feb 24, 2011

All new" Rings of Fire"

:prepop:

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer

loquacius posted:

A comic book about cats who are also gunsmiths. I'd read it.

Cat Obama is coming for our guns; time to buy up all the ammunition I can get my paws on , meow~

Creamed Cormp
Jan 8, 2011

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Sorry buddy, you answered "Yes" to "Have you ever used catnip" on your 4473, I'm afraid I can't sell you this gun, meow

Turtle Sandbox
Dec 31, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
The cartoon industry is already primed to get around this, all future anime will feature cartoon horses instead of human characters, and im sure it will still make bank.

MVP
Nov 1, 2012

by Lowtax
I like ghost in the shell, cowboy bebop, trigun, those animes artists seemed capable of drawing women and not eight year old faggots

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Yes meow I'm charging 4000 cat dollars for this 18th-century-style musket, because I hand-made it myself using period-appropriate methods. Don't you appreciate craftsmanship, you uncultured swine HISSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

velvet milkman
Feb 13, 2012

by R. Guyovich
if one were to compare the proportion of pedophiles in adtrw vs. gbs we all know who the clear 'winner' would be

• Locked thread