Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Knight
Dec 23, 2000

SPACE-A-HOLIC
Taco Defender
Nobody likes him and he's gross and lives in a basement surrounded by games. Does that sound spooky? No, that sounds sad. He never leaves, not on Halloween night, not ever. That house is probably his mom's.

As a kid, I thought that Jack is a hero and Boogie is the villain, and no one sees Boogie because he's a terrifying monster, but as an adult I understand that people avoid Boogie because he's a deadbeat shut-in. Lock, Shock, and Barrel are intimidated by him, but they're delinquent children who are probably easily fooled. Jack tells them to leave Boogie out of his plans because he doesn't want that deadbeat loving them up and getting Cheetos stains all over everything. At the climax of the film, where Jack confronts Boogie to get back Santa Claus, he's not afraid, probably not because he's so courageous, but because he went to see Lock, Shock, and Barrel to get Santa and now he's annoyed that he has to go down into that fat hermit's gamer dungeon. The movie ending with this kiss-less virgin being murdered by the most popular guy in town is sad but not regrettable. (Although I guess he was killed by Santa?)

Also I think Boogie is pro-Gamer Gate because he tries to murder the first woman who gets into his man-cave.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
:agreed:

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW
Whats his SA account?

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

A Serious Candidate For a Serious Time
He has three children that aren't his doing errands for him and they're afraid of 'getting on his bad side' if they mess up.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

Germstore posted:

He has three children that aren't his doing errands for him and they're afraid of 'getting on his bad side' if they mess up.

Oogie Boogie: implied pederast?

slicing up eyeballs
Oct 19, 2005

I got me two olives and a couple of limes

I'm a big fan of his song though so he gets a pass from me

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

Jonesy posted:

I'm a big fan of his song though so he gets a pass from me

Truth, it's the best song in the movie, IMO. Though "Kidnap the Santy Claws" is up there as a close second.

FlimFlam Imam
Mar 1, 2007

Standing on a hill in my mountain of dreams

Al Borland posted:

Whats his SA account?

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

O-Ohhhh

END OF AN ERROR
May 16, 2003

IT'S LEGO, not Legos. Heh

After reading this, you'll never look at A Nightmare Before Christmas the same way! #4 left me stunned!

Smelly Bohemian
Aug 20, 2015

by Lowtax
. Oogie Boogie is Aatrek.

POWERBALL
Feb 16, 2012

by zen death robot
Oogie Boogie, your Manosphere correspondent here.

damn horror queefs
Oct 14, 2005

say hello
say hello to the man in the elevator
:wth:
^my eyes being opened by this thread liek whoa

social vegan
Nov 7, 2014

cool i watch grown up movies but this seems cool I bet ur a real nightmare before christmas for ur caretakers op ha ha!

social vegan
Nov 7, 2014

oops sorry misspelled mom and dad!

Nathilus
Apr 4, 2002

I alone can see through the media bias.

I'm also stupid on a scale that can only be measured in Reddits.
Mods new.

POWERBALL
Feb 16, 2012

by zen death robot

social vegan posted:

cool i watch grown up movies but this seems cool I bet ur a real nightmare before christmas for ur caretakers op ha ha!

lol

basement jihadist
Oct 3, 2002

social vegan posted:

im getting beefed on this

i aint been beefed yet

Ahundredbux
Oct 25, 2007

The right to bear arms

social vegan posted:

Very nice

social vegan
Nov 7, 2014

basement jihadist posted:

im getting beefed on this

i aint been beefed yet

u beef with the best or ur nothing but an oogie boogie

basement jihadist
Oct 3, 2002

social vegan posted:

u beef with the best or ur nothing but an oogie boogie

there it is... im feeling it... imm.... im getting beefy

Lets Pickle
Jul 9, 2007

Applewhite posted:

Oogie Boogie: implied pederast?

Actually that statement was about Jack Skellington.

circ dick soleil
Sep 27, 2012

by zen death robot

social vegan posted:

:P

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

Lets Pickle posted:

Actually that statement was about Jack Skellington.

They're Oogie's henchmen, not Jack's, so it's probably in reference to Oogie.

• Locked thread