Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
horriblePencilist
Oct 18, 2012

It's a Dirt Devil!
Get it?
Apparently stealing designer clothes and pumpkin spice bath bombs is okay if you do it because of capitalism or something. You'd think the last thing you'd want to do when stealing from the same Lush store every week is to document the haul with a complete inventory and timestamp, but I guess bragging about it is too important.
Some choice picks:

The “Anti-shoplifting” fandom on tumblr is essentially a lazy euphemism for “pro-bourgeois wage slavery”.
I broke $100 in a week and a half of lifting! °○° This is amazing! I’m tempted to use the pen and journal for nanowrimo(seems too fitting), but I feel like at least the pen would make a great Christmas present.
these companies are evil. They don’t pay their workers, and the majority of their wealth comes from huge markups on the clothes they sell to us.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smoking_Dragon
Dec 12, 2001

WOE UNTO THEE
Pillbug
Post the one praising minorities for being very active in the community!!

EXTREME INSERTION
Jun 4, 2011

by LadyAmbien
I stole a large container of stevia once. It was like twenty bucks

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003
For twelve years, you have been asking: Who is John Galt? This is John Galt speaking. I am the man who loves his life. I am the man who does not sacrifice his love or his values. I am the man who has deprived you of victims and thus has destroyed your world, and if you wish to know why you are peris

I worked as a retail manager for 5 years and while I had fun outsmarting shoplifters, I could never work up the rage boner some of my co workers had for shoplifters.

Like really, how are you going to get mad that someone stole from the company that shits on you 24/7? :wtc:

Extra Large Marge
Jan 21, 2004

Fun Shoe
My grandpa would steal candy bars from gas stations and say he was "fighting inflation" which made me believe he didn't really know what inflation was.

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot
sounds like a hell of a honeypot for LEOs is why OP

FIRST TIME posted:

I worked as a retail manager for 5 years and while I had fun outsmarting shoplifters, I could never work up the rage boner some of my co workers had for shoplifters.

Like really, how are you going to get mad that someone stole from the company that shits on you 24/7? :wtc:

probably the same reason people poo poo on Snowden - they figure if they suck the metaphorical overcock hard enough they'll be favored or at least left alone

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS
i once forgot to pay for a lemon while grocery shopping so i walked back into the store and paid for it

City of Tampa
May 6, 2007

by zen death robot
Walmart put in those self-checkout lanes specifically so smart people can decide which two or three items they want to get for free

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

im posting from stolen software. ask me anything

a bay
Oct 14, 2014

by Lowtax
Because shop lifting is cool unless you are really boring and a pussy op

Extra Large Marge
Jan 21, 2004

Fun Shoe
I'm helping workers by shoplifting Chinese manufactured garbage from the mall

Gorefluff
Aug 19, 2004
cuddly minotaur

FIRST TIME posted:

Retail manager checking in as well. I think a lot of staff love the "staff vs customers" mentality. Raging over shoplifting, battling over return policies, lovingly crafting and sharing dumb customer stories. Retail is a team sport.

Tezzor
Jul 29, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!
how many gigabytes of illegal files do you have on your computer OP and what do you estimate is their MSRP

somuch_gravy
Oct 25, 2014

this place is good and not bad
I have so much social anxiety that I have to steal. Don't crime shame me.

Enfield
May 30, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
shoplifting is good way to get things you want without paying for them op

Cool NIN Shirt
Nov 26, 2007

by vyelkin
Shoplifting is an easy, profitable way to "keep it real" when doing errands, OP. Even cool housewives know to slip a couple items in their handbag

Basically:

a bay posted:

Because shop lifting is cool unless you are really boring and a pussy op

Tezzor
Jul 29, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!
it's weird how they are so proud about ripping off like $20 in stuff though. i feel like you could get a couple grand in stuff from walmart without much trouble if you planned ahead

Tezzor
Jul 29, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!

also this is true OP

Windows 98
Nov 13, 2005

HTTP 400: Bad post
They already paid for the product on the shelves and they won't change the wage of the employees dependent upon shrink- so no I don't feel bad about stealing from mega-corporations. I don't steal poo poo because I'm boring and budget semi decently.

a bay
Oct 14, 2014

by Lowtax
Why would somebody deliverately do somehing riskey thats just insane to me

jlechem
Nov 2, 2011

Fun Shoe
If you want to hit it big, go steal from Lowes. Ex father in law worked there and he hated it because people would blatantly steal and no one would stop them. Corporate policy was to take notes and call the cops. But he never heard about anyone stealing from his store getting caught by the po po. I guess citizens running out and tackling people or forcibly detaining someone is assault and all. They just jack up their prices another .05 percent on the 1000 percent markup they make.

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
gently caress the capitalistic system whose goods and services I lust after so badly I'm willing to risk prison to possess! No, I am not a hypocrite why are you looking at me like that?

Extra Large Marge
Jan 21, 2004

Fun Shoe
Can you get in trouble for shoplifting a copy of "Steal This Book"?

It's really the publisher's fault

a bay
Oct 14, 2014

by Lowtax

lol

CatfishClyde
Jul 22, 2001
Orange Rhyming Dictionary
if we lived in a true communist society i wouldn't HAVE to steal ladies underwear from victoria's secret they would just be GIVEN to me according to my NEEDS

City of Tampa
May 6, 2007

by zen death robot

Windows 98 posted:

They already paid for the product on the shelves and they won't change the wage of the employees dependent upon shrink- so no I don't feel bad about stealing from mega-corporations. I don't steal poo poo because I'm boring and budget semi decently.

shrink doesn't gently caress the regular employees but it does gently caress the managers, who are probably paid $8-$10/hr plus a monthly "bonus" that makes up most of their income. This is a clever way for places like Walmart to be able to deduct shrink and cash drawer shortages and even penalties for using to many man hours from the manager's wages, even though that would be illegal in a lot of states. The "bonus" doesn't count as wages.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
that's what they get for being management in a hell store imo

It's kinda dumb to document your crimes online like that but otherwise I don't give a poo poo. Good. Steal all the things.

a bay
Oct 14, 2014

by Lowtax
Why would I go all the way to the store to steal and risk going to jail when I can order any thing I want on line with all the money I make working at my IT job :smug:

Nathilus
Apr 4, 2002

I alone can see through the media bias.

I'm also stupid on a scale that can only be measured in Reddits.
I like how they steal really stupid poo poo. Brand purses, cookies, makeup, and other garbage. Way to stick it to the man.

a bay
Oct 14, 2014

by Lowtax
What would you steal instead

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

A Serious Candidate For a Serious Time

a bay posted:

Why would I go all the way to the store to steal and risk going to jail when I can order any thing I want on line with all the money I make working at my IT job :smug:

yeah, lol, what a bunch of squares

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe
These companies are evil and pay their employees poo poo so I will steal from them and reduce their profits so that they are forced to hire fewer people and pay them even less.

Why is it called shoplifting anyways, why not just call it stealing.

dpush
Nov 10, 2009

Tezzor posted:

it's weird how they are so proud about ripping off like $20 in stuff though. i feel like you could get a couple grand in stuff from walmart without much trouble if you planned ahead

If by plan ahead you mean wait till they lock the garden center doors at night and go out that way. Those doors all lock from the inside.

Extra Large Marge
Jan 21, 2004

Fun Shoe

a bay posted:

The Moon

Nathilus
Apr 4, 2002

I alone can see through the media bias.

I'm also stupid on a scale that can only be measured in Reddits.

a bay posted:

Nothing cuz I'm not a thief.

Luvcow
Jul 1, 2007

One day nearer spring
I steal bread to feed my starving family

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

A Serious Candidate For a Serious Time
But my family doesn't eat bread, they eat Sephora products.

Ambrose Burnside
Aug 30, 2007

pensive
shoplifting is tight + morally righteous but the real ticket is internal employee theft. if you dont walk out of a really lovely retail shift with at least a couple extra hours of pay's worth of poo poo you're loving up

shove me like you do
Dec 9, 2007

Real Neato

Fun Shoe
When I go to the self checkout lane with my cart full of organic produce, I always click the non organic variants. I'm such a rebel.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fuck the ROW
Aug 29, 2008

by zen death robot
my fanloms: stealing sauce packets, stealing jacket sleeve patch kits from the tailorery store, online gaming, stealing those small plastic capsules when the vending machine is being reloaded

• Locked thread