Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
autism ZX spectrum
Feb 8, 2007

by Lowtax
Fun Shoe
Doobie Automotive Prediction: Customer rolls in with mid-2000s sedan with the "check engine" light on. Doobie uses google and a harbor freight tester to incorrectly determine the source of the problem. To fix the issue he needs a special tool he doesn't have and he uses Facebook to track down someone that has it. Customer has had their vehicle in for a week so far, Doobie charging them shop hours for every minute of time he's "working" on their car. The tool never materializes, Doobie returns the car as-is albeit with some interior panels out of place and expects upwards of $1500 for his "work".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JediTalentAgent
Jun 5, 2005
Hey, look. Look, if- if you screw me on this, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine, you rat bastard!
I don't know how to tell you this, but this car's got a lot of 'metric' nuts on it and my socket set in in fractions of an inch... So, I took the liberty of cutting all of them off and just welding everything back together.

jenny jones fan
Dec 24, 2007

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Much request aka the one person

jenny jones fan
Dec 24, 2007
He types like Borat.

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

the corpse of god is love.

Doobie's life is rapidly devolving into plots from various episodes of Trailer Park Boys.

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo
Someone make the new t shorts

Binary Badger
Oct 11, 2005

Trolling Link for a decade

The bunker has new signage, look at how you can barely read the hours. Too cheap to buy an El Marko?

does he have like a stack of those coke signs folded up for use or what

or were they a consolation gift from Coke after they rejected his fountain application

the bunker looks dark, how are snipers customers supposed to eat bad food in total darkness

Binary Badger fucked around with this message at 00:27 on Nov 23, 2015

JB50
Feb 13, 2008

Binary Badger posted:

The bunker has new signage, look at how you can barely read the hours. Too cheap to buy an El Marko?

or were they a consolation gift from Coke after they rejected his fountain application

the bunker looks dark, how are snipers customers supposed to eat bad food in total darkness

Oobies Og Ouse is OP

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

How many times has he changed the opening hours now? It's impossible to keep track of when this drat place is supposed to be open.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
It's open at breakfast time.

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice
this actually works v well if u already have popularity with the white senior demographic living on fixed incomes.

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

Oh man more doobie news

So he's a licensed mechanic as well? Or is there no regulatory body that gives a poo poo in Alabama?

I laugh picturing him skittering back and forth between buildings like some sort of Charlie Chaplin sketch , mixing up orders and giving people waiting for their hot dogs deep fried oil filters

JediTalentAgent
Jun 5, 2005
Hey, look. Look, if- if you screw me on this, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine, you rat bastard!

Binary Badger posted:

The faint "MON-SAT" at the bottom almost looks like it says, "DON'T EAT"

Virginia Slams
Nov 17, 2012
Ooobie doobie dooo

Million Ghosts
Aug 11, 2011

spooooooky

Sappo569 posted:

Or is there no regulatory body that gives a poo poo in Alabama?

you found it, about anything you can imagine

Boko Haram
Dec 22, 2008

I worked at a diner for a while, they are very low maintenance when you figure that you're just serving hot black water and poo poo you could make at home. Also anything I ate there would've been tossed out at the end of the day so there was really never any waste, we made as little as possible and winged it when we ran out. Its the kind of place that hangs the yellow don't tread on me flag and an upside-down american flag

The Saurus
Dec 3, 2006

by Smythe
What happened to the manager that he was hiring to get the place into shape? Shouldn't he be able to leave the place in her capable hands while he does the automotive shop full time? He seriously is running back and forth between his two businesses that are next door to one another? stop doing business ventures doobie you are terrible at them. Make sure we keep the wiki updated guys, there's still a lot of gold being generated.

loving :lol: at everyone writing bad cheques at doobies because he's the only guy in town stupid enough to take them. Scammed goons out of 10k dollars, constantly being scammed by every other motherfucker in the state of Alabama.

And if any of you ever feel sorry for the Doobs, just remember this:

Reform was begging for HB Steak for months. His status above is around 10 times more popular than his average status - For some reason he decided that it was important to hold power over his customers and only allow them to taste HB Steak between 12 and 3 on Fridays. After two fridays of offering it, he got annoyed at the extra work, that people only ate HB steak when it was available and not his lovely dogs and that people kept asking for him to provide HB Steak every day instead of a completely arbitary tiny window

Whenever you start to think for a second that this might be a legitimate business that wants to make money instead of the pathetic vanity project of a small town hick who wants to feel superior while achieving nothing of worth, remember the HB Steak.

The Saurus fucked around with this message at 07:38 on Nov 23, 2015

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
to be fair randomly being found and obsessed on by goons isn't really 'scamming' them

idiots giving their christmas budget away to hot dog stands in alabama just lmao

Mr. McGibblets
Sep 17, 2015

by Deplorable exmarx

vyst posted:

Much request aka the one person

100% dickweed.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
man how did I miss a new og hous thread for almost a month

Binary Badger
Oct 11, 2005

Trolling Link for a decade

The Saurus posted:

Reform was begging for HB Steak for months. His status above is around 10 times more popular than his average status - For some reason he decided that it was important to hold power over his customers and only allow them to taste HB Steak between 12 and 3 on Fridays. After two fridays of offering it, he got annoyed at the extra work, that people only ate HB steak when it was available and not his lovely dogs and that people kept asking for him to provide HB Steak every day instead of a completely arbitary tiny window

Even sadder is the fact that even the smallest hole-in-the-wall diners that aren't Doobies offer "Chopped Steak with Onions," which is what HB steak seems to be called north of the Mason-Dixon line.

Drove through Indiana while on a trip once and tried to find a place that DIDN'T serve Chopped Steak 24/7, couldn't find one.

Doobie should really rename his place 'doobies amateur kitchen' because a real diner should offer a dizzying array of food that takes up at least 4 pages in a nice plastic bound menu, instead of a dog-eared single sheet of paper covered in greasy fingerprints and ketchup spots that was typed up in loving WordPad.

quote:

Whenever you start to think for a second that this might be a legitimate business that wants to make money instead of the pathetic vanity project of a small town hick who wants to feel superior while achieving nothing of worth, remember the HB Steak.

With his auto business he will once again own goons, it'd be hard to screw that up unless he messes up a lot.

Edit: I bet if someone came in with a car painted green with random black spots and eyes painted over the headlights he'd refuse to fix it "No siree bob, ah cain't fix no drat frog car. Best advice ah can give you is ta drive it into the deepest ditch y'all can find"

Binary Badger fucked around with this message at 09:11 on Nov 23, 2015

Iron Prince
Aug 28, 2005
Buglord
how is the garage doing?!? i dont have face book so i cant check

Womens Jeans
Sep 13, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Oobies ar garag

Berious
Nov 13, 2005
Doobs could use the old engine oil to cook his FRIES

ghosTTy
Sep 22, 2008

Iron Prince posted:

how is the garage doing?!? i dont have face book so i cant check

i think he got rid of his fb page i can't find it anymore

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

ghostter posted:

i think he got rid of his fb page i can't find it anymore

No it's still up. I just checked. He pleaded for customers to come have breakfast this morning

Virginia Slams
Nov 17, 2012

vyst posted:

No it's still up. I just checked. He pleaded for customers to come have breakfast this morning

hotddawg man:
"Black Friday means good breakfast at Doobie's. before you hit the mall's, come by here and eat a good hearty breakfast. open at 6am"

what loving malls are near reform

Egbert Souse
Nov 6, 2008

Grody posted:

hotddawg man:
"Black Friday means good breakfast at Doobie's. before you hit the mall's, come by here and eat a good hearty breakfast. open at 6am"

Goodwill is probably the closest thing to a mall there.

Cool NIN Shirt
Nov 26, 2007

by vyelkin

Berious posted:

Doobs could use the old engine oil to cook his FRIES

LOL

Grody posted:

hotddawg man:

They have a Wal-Mart

Partycat
Oct 25, 2004

This season of oobie's og ouse is based on the hit Saskatchewan television program "Corner Gas", a program about a gas station attached to a diner.

We'll get the old white guy that yells at poo poo, the yokel with the car and no money, man it writes itself

Nirvikalpa
Aug 20, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
What does Doob serve for breakfast?

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx
so is Doobie going to like, hire anyone to work the auto shop, or is he just going to be running back and forth, his legs moving in ever gayer circles Fred Flinstone style and with motor grease all over his body while he's serving people food. And if he is hiring people, why doesn't he hire a sub-manager who can work the evening shift at his food bunker? so many questions.

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.

A Neurotic Jew posted:

so is Doobie going to like, hire anyone to work the auto shop, or is he just going to be running back and forth, his legs moving in ever gayer circles Fred Flinstone style and with motor grease all over his body while he's serving people food. And if he is hiring people, why doesn't he hire a sub-manager who can work the evening shift at his food bunker? so many questions.

Ask yourself who would be cheaper to hire: a teenager to work the grill, or a mechanic to repair cars?

He's never going to hire anyone because he's too cheap

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

Nirvikalpa posted:

What does Doob serve for breakfast?

Wings if they get delivered, HB steak on Friday if enough people beg for it

TASTE THE PAIN!!
May 18, 2004

Forgot about ol doob for a while...
To think... I had almost slew my last slaw dog

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Lord of Pie posted:

Wings if they get delivered, HB steak on Friday if enough people beg for it

10W-40 oil change. This Friday only. I can maybe do 5W-30 if enough people want to do it.

Opened too many spark plugs and can't return them. 30 plugs in a bag.

jenny jones fan
Dec 24, 2007

A Neurotic Jew posted:

And if he is hiring people, why doesn't he hire a sub-manager who can work the evening shift at his food bunker?

He never bothered replying to those two people.

Egbert Souse
Nov 6, 2008

WhyteRyce posted:

10W-40 oil change. This Friday only. I can maybe do 5W-30 if enough people want to do it.

Opened too many spark plugs and can't return them. 30 plugs in a bag.

Ask for it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Well doobie are you serving breakfast or not????

• Locked thread