Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

> access main security grid
access: PERMISSION DENIED.

I've been watching this all night and it owns. This is the top channel on twitch and I love watching kids wander in extremely confused about what they are watching. And there's already a bunch of memes and poo poo being made up which is both bizarre and hilarious at the same time.

twoday posted:

I want to have an original, signed Bob Ross painting hanging in my living room. How much does that poo poo cost?

Also this sunset poo poo is the REAL black magic.

I actually saw the episode tonight that this one was painted on:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Large-24-x-...=p2047675.l2557

So, about $6-8k based on previous sales on ebay.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

Nutsngum posted:

Because people are bitches. Everyone knows Bob Ross wasnt creating Picasso or Van Gogh level of masterpieces that will hang in galleries until aliens blast them all and he never tried to. He wanted to make awesome looking landscapes and teach people how to do the exact same.

The real monsters are poo poo like that Kincaid guy who literally shat out mass produced crap through painting sweatshops.

The great thing about his paintings are that they look awesome, but at the same time are created quickly with simple techniques and a lack of intentional detail. The details just appear through the technique. That means that anyone, with some practice and the right setup, can do reasonably similar paintings at home. You couldn't do the same kind of show producing intricate and difficult paintings that take months to complete and require a ton of knowledge about painting techniques, form, shadow, etc.

Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

C. Everett Koop posted:

who loving knows but the schizophrenic nature of the chat contracted with chillass bobby rozay makes this at least until everyone gets tired of this by tuesday and it's back to calling each other inaccurate racial slurs in lol

Yeah chat is actually surprisingly chill and funny for the most part. It's like Bob has calmed the raging beast. Maybe they should show the Joy of Painting in prison or something.

Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

Doctor Schnabel posted:

I like bob's lore drops. too many chumps out there running streams without telling you a g-drat thing about the game

He has good life lessons too. If you have the urge to beat your wife or kick the dog, just beat the devil out of the paint brush instead :)

• Locked thread