Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.
Yugoslavian style? Of course not.
It has to be Zlatan-style.

Allyn posted:

Bulgaria, Serbia once they join the EU (which I think is guaranteed to happen in 2018~), I believe Northern Ireland but obviously you need work permits there so it's pretty pointless, and Gibraltar *should* work too, but realistically you're not gonna be offered one there :shobon: Those are the only 4 European teams with 3 years set in the editor, and all are accumulative rather than continuous.

Of those four, Serbia would have the best / most competitive league, yeah? The worst part of sending kids out for 3 years to gain citizenship is that they end up doing gently caress all for 3 years in some backwards country and it stunts their development

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.

lol at me giving up on a career less than 10 years in, developing youth players is one of the most fun parts of the game imo

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.

I normally play a short-ish game with West Ham where I spend 5 or so seasons just missing out on silverware, and then play a long 20 year odd game in a lower league trying to drag some poo poo club from Bongobongia to the CL. What that ends up being is that after a few seasons, the club will be too strong for domestic competition, so I'll micromanage the big domestic rivalries, cup finals and European games, and holiday or just not pay attention to most of the other league games. Trying to pull off transfer coups for some completely unknown Moldovan 'wonderkid' with Shitanddust FC and then moulding him into a vaguely servicable player who gets fed up and leaves 3 years later to sit on the bench in Serie B is absolutely my jam.

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.

Charlie Mopps posted:

I've tried playing in the lower leagues but i really cannoy deal with players who have a CA and PA of like 10 and for all stats a 1 or so. Its terrible and i respect anyone who can stomach that kind of game.

Playing in Gibraltar in FM14 I had a striker with a PA of 8 who spent something like 15 seasons as top Gibraltan scorer in the league and ended up retiring the season after we finally made it to the CL groups, with him starting against Bayern lmao

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.

Fat Lowtax posted:

Can I edit the regen hairstyles and make them animes? Asking for a friend.

Yeah, pretty sure there's a couple of really massive regen hairpacks out there now too to give a bit of variety

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.

jyrka posted:

Doesn't it say the star ratings are relative to your league when you hover your mouse over it?

I think it's a little bit of both tbh

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.

Brendan Rodgers posted:

Hmm a few days ago there was a post on the Match Engine Issues forums about the offside thing but it's gone now. Dunno if that means they fixed it last night or they dismissed the claims.

It's not PPMs btw, basically every attacking player is doing it right down to FB-A.

Guaranteed that means they've dismissed the claims and will finally do something about it in the third patch by making it so no one ever tries to break the offside trap

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.

sassassin posted:

It's all alphabetical. Long Throws jumps down below Technique on one of the screens when it gets abbreviated to Throws.

It's bad.

That's insanely dumb

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.

Shroud posted:

Found a pretty good article on Reddit about the origins of FM at the Guardian.

Lol at the photo of Miles trying to look like Roy Keane

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.

Even better, do an arsene and only ever have one tactic, for home and away

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.

Adrianics posted:

Very comforting that the one constant that's existed since I started playing way back with CM97/98 is back again: Being 2-0 up at half-time is absolutely the worst place to be. The opposition will come at you like a bat out of hell and will, will, get a goal back at some point between the 60th and 70th minute then equalise just before or just after the 80th. Feels completely inevitable and literally nothing I do stops it. Every single time.

The most dangerous scoreline

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.

sassassin posted:

Did you get a transfer budget? Pump some of that into wages.

That doesn't always work. I've been in a situation where I've had all my money towards wages, still had 30 Mil in transfer budget and had wages over budget but been entirely unable to adjust it further

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.

I'm having good success with the same formation I use every version, 4231 with a flat back 4, DLP-S and BWM-D, IF-A AP-A IF-A, and an advanced forward. Proper defensive midfielders are crap

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.

sassassin posted:

Defensive midfielders get bad ratings in this years game, but the ratings don't matter if the scoreboard shows the right result.

theyre crap irl too!

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.

Revenant Threshold posted:

Just tried out a slightly changed version of this - I have the wingers staying outside, and a central DLP to pick out a slightly higher forward on the counter. You're right, the game seems entirely unable to deal with that many players all rushing in at once. I'm seeing the entire defensive line all marking one guy, even. I think it's the same thing that meant three forwards was the dominating tactic a few versions ago.

Conversely, how do I loving stop my defense from all deciding to mark one player, while there's two players on the wings putting in a cross unchallenged and everyone else strolling into the box unmarked for a tap in? Every single loving game.

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.

sassassin posted:

Yes, I am sure. My information doesn't come from a third-party guesswork website.

are you miles jacobsen

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.

Adrianics posted:

Basically my players ping the ball around the whole game, make a few chances but smack it off the post or goalkeeper then are undone when the defence shits itself over a cross. Once I'm a goal down I'm completely out of ideas and it's gotten to the point that I've ceased to get any enjoyment out of the game.

THIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIS

Every other year I've felt like I could tell where my tactics were going wrong and how to improve them and see the adjustments do things, this year it genuinely feels like the game just decides if you're going to win or not and what plays out on the screen has no bearing on it.

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.

I think this year is the most difficult I've found it to set up a defense

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.

texasmed posted:

I hate the feeling right before conceding a goal where I think to myself, "why are both of my center backs running out wide to cover their MR, oh it's because the game is gifting the opponent with a cheap goal."

Alternatively "why is my fullback standing like a statue, oh"

This this this this this

Also, I've finished my first season in the Prem finishing 9th with West Ham, and there's some hilarious results going on. Klopp couldn't get Liverpool out of the relegation zone, and got sacked after Jan with Mancini dragging them to 16th, 7 points clear of relegation. Rogers got Newcastle relegated in the end, and now Janmaat is on his way to Real Madrid on the cheap. Jamie Vardy scored 29 in 38 league games, taking Leicester to 8th, and immediately got dropped by England for the Euros. Best of all Tottenham led the league for almost the entire season before doing a Tottenham and losing the last few games to hand the title to Arsenal

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.

It's his acc/pace combined with decent dribbling and other physicals. Speed seems to be way more important this year

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.

kingturnip posted:

Erm, I've got a guy with 20 Pace and 7 Acceleration and when he gets going, he's the loving Roadrunner.

Yeah, pace seems much more important this year, Carl Jenkinson racks up assists because with 17 pace no one can keep up with him, and then 16 crossing and defenders being completely unable to mark the far post sees a goal nearly every time he gets going

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.

sassassin posted:

Jenkinson gets assists because the match engine can't mark full backs.

Or wingers on the far post, it's bloody frustrating. He gets tonnes more than my other fullbacks, I assume because he's quick and can cross

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.

THE PWNER posted:

Also the keeper just stands there and doesn't dive, ever.

The match engine is lovely to watch atm. The results are ok, but watching the goals is just frustrating.

Does anyone know how to see a list of things like top all-time goalscorers for the club etc? I've looked about the history page but only see seasonal stats.

Isn't there a dropdown up the top on history where you can change it from 'this season' to 'all time'?

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.

sassassin posted:

Their workload is too high.

You need 3 sometimes 4 coaches in every area for a decent size squad but only one needs to be any good as the highest star rating is all that matters. Employ some idiots to put out the cones in multiple categories.

Bring in an rear end man with good tactical and man management stats and poo poo everything else and get him and the manager to put the cones out for every training type ftw

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.

Just make sure the workload for coaches in each attribute never goes above 'Average' and you'll be set

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.

Weird, maybe your players are just retards

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.

Venky's just bought out Southampton in my game, and I'm doing loads of lols and can't wait to watch them plummet through the leagues

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.

Ewar Woowar posted:

Is this version completely different to past versions?

Yes. I've got the same thing, what was previously sound tactics is absolutely useless in this game.

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.

I've just sold 3 players who aren't guaranteed starters in January for a combined 70 million pounds, next steps?

e. my squad is upset about 2 of them leaving, 1 was arguably my best right back but was only marginally better than the backup, and 1 had come in 6 months ago and never managed to hold down a place at CB or in midfield

how do i fix this

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.

Another question. How the gently caress do I stop my team from conceding inside the first 5 minutes of matches, and even better, within the first minute? Because genuinely 20% of my goals conceded come that early on.

e. not just at the start of matches, also at the start of the second half. loving hell it's annoying.

Bogan Krkic fucked around with this message at 19:27 on Jan 10, 2016

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.

Yeah, checking the stats I do concede most of my goals in the first 15 min, and then score most of them late in the first half to equalise. It's ridiculous, maybe it'll sort itself out eventually? I'll try making a defensive tactic to start halves with though.

Anyone got any good defensive set piece setups? I feel like I could be a lot stronger there too.

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.

'Disappointed to not be selected for the national team'

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.

St Evan Echoes posted:

does the manager creator still look like this

because gently caress me that model's shameful, it's like they got a work experience kid to knock some poo poo together in a fortnight

Yeah it does except the profile picture doesn't include the lovely suit you chose making that part of it entirely redundant instead of mostly redundant

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.

St Evan Echoes posted:

redundant would be a step up

it actively makes the game look like a $5 piece of poo poo from ten years ago

well yeah but now you have to slog through the horrible facegen and fluro puffy jacket creator only to never even have the option to see the fluro puffy jacket again lol

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.

Hmm maybe I'm just retarded then, I'm going to extra check for my dude because I was really disappointed I couldn't see him in the match engine

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.

Ewar Woowar posted:

Lol someone load up there most ridiculous winning tactic and I guarantee it will be no match for my Freiburg reserves manager who has gone 14 games undefeated against me. This version is loving retarded.

Did you swap out all the players and let him have the first string against you playing the reserves?

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.

Ffs I thought I'd spent enough time in the game and had figured out the match engine, so started a new game with West Ham, had them in 5th at Christmas, and then won 3 games in the new year like an even shitter Allardyce, as my players conspired to get sent off every second game and give away penalties like they were going out of style

I hate this game

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.

Isn't Composure in the same basket as Technique and Decisions in that it's one of those stats essential for every position and iirc unaffected by form?

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.

THE PWNER posted:

I'm quite enjoying 90% of my goals being described as "good finishes from 6 yards out" due to the fact that crosses are so broken and goalkeepers don't even attempt to pick them out, leading to free tap ins at the far post.

Seriously these aren't even good crosses, but the keepers do not move and don't try to block or catch them.

I'm actually insanely loving sick of 90% of goals being from poo poo crosses because the match engine is broken, leading to me having to find ways to plug holes in my team through analysing the ME and not through any sort of footballing logic

when's the next patch come out?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.

Ewar Woowar posted:

I'm not going to play this till the next patch comes out. I normally don't buy it until now and now I remember why.

The match engine is hosed.

- I consistently concede from deep crosses to the back post. Neither my keeper nor my defenders look to intercept what so ever and it results in taps ins.
- I've beaten my reserves maybe three times in twenty plus games with a variety of created and downloaded tactics. What kind of realism is that?
- Fullbacks get retardedly high ratings and are making the most passes/key passes. This isn't right.

Agreed, I've stopped playing until the new patch comes out and I'll start yet another game when it does.