Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Robot Hobo
May 18, 2002

robothobo.com
According to Wikipedia, episode 8 of this season is titled "A Reptile Dysfunction".
Ok, Grimm writers, I want you all to go sit in a corner and think about what you've done. You're in time-out.

Oasx posted:

So Adalind had a boy and decided to name him Kelly after Nick's mother? The US is so weird when it comes to names.
Especially when that means she named her child after her own mother's killer.

Robot Hobo fucked around with this message at 15:32 on Nov 9, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Knee
Jul 19, 2006

I'm telling you, it's true. People grow from spores.

Robot Hobo posted:

Also, it's weird how DONE she is with her first baby now. From utter all-consuming obsession for two seasons, to just... nothing. Diana is gone again, and all it gets from Adalind this time is sort of an "Oh well, got a new baby now, so whatever."

Holy poo poo, I completely forgot about that. Has anyone even mentioned her first child this season? I haven't really been paying attention.

Tahirovic
Feb 25, 2009
Fun Shoe
Don't you worry, the writers forgot about it too.

lomzus
Mar 18, 2009

Knee posted:

Holy poo poo, I completely forgot about that. Has anyone even mentioned her first child this season? I haven't really been paying attention.

Yes they have, when she moves in to the guest room she asks Nick if he thinks Diana is ok.

lomzus fucked around with this message at 11:59 on Nov 11, 2015

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

Robot Hobo posted:

According to Wikipedia, episode 8 of this season is titled "A Reptile Dysfunction".
Ok, Grimm writers, I want you all to go sit in a corner and think about what you've done. You're in time-out.

Especially when that means she named her child after her own mother's killer.

I chuckled at the title.

Season 5 seems a little frenetic so far. A lot of running back and forth between plot points.
I kind of miss the more investigative focus of the first two seasons.
They also dropped the fairy tale conceit and I'm not sure whether that's good or bad.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
https://www.facebook.com/NBCGrimm/photos/a.256564687687183.76307.220419784635007/1068733566470287/?type=3

Is kind of weird to see Bitsie Tulloch there.

Stabbey_the_Clown
Sep 21, 2002

Are... are you quite sure you really want to say that?
Taco Defender
5x03 – “Lost Boys”
When Rosalee is kidnapped by Peter and his lost boys, it's up to Nick, Hank and Monroe to save her.

So, guy who was wondering what happened to the fairy tale stuff? This one's for you.

pasaluki
Feb 27, 2008

THIS WHAGON HAS NO BREAKS! I HAVE THE HEART OF THE BUUFALO the strength OF THE MOUNTAIN, THE FURY OF THE THUNDER AND MY WILL IS UNBREAKABLE! I will not surrender to KNOW ONE
Alright episode tonight. I liked Rosalee woging to chew through the ropes

Sloth Life
Nov 15, 2014

Built for comfort and speed!
Fallen Rib
I liked this one, it felt old school. I appreciate the Juliette references, especially from Rosalee. I am not a fan of the happy married life stuff with Adalind but love the safehouse, very practical. But why go to all the bother of moving house, putting the 'old life' stuff in storage and still keep Juliette's car?
I like that Rosalee was capable as well as caring. I loved Monroe freaking out at her capture, and his determination to find her. They are a very good representation of a happy loving couple and it just serves to highlight the problems with the other main relationship. I hope they don't sacrifice MonRosalee on the Clare Coffee altar

Sloth Life
Nov 15, 2014

Fallen Rib
I should say, I loved Juliette going bad. I loved it and cheered the whole way through. I related to a previously helpless and excluded character suddenly been given real power and running with it and being a serious badass. The superpowerful hexen bollocks was stupid, but adalind was never particularly fearsome despite being a natural born biest. I would have happily bought Juliette just putting all her frustration, anger and intelligence into it and creating science experiments to figure out her limits.

Oasx
Oct 11, 2006

Freshly Squeezed
I was hoping to see Monroe rip someones arm off, like in the good old days, but otherwise it was a nice episode.

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Oh God, barely starting this episode and Adalind is already supremely annoying me. "You were my first!" all cute and flirty. For fucks sake, everyone Nick ever loved is dead and it's all her fault so this is just hilariously stupid. I really hope this episode doesn't keep this up.

ED: And even funnier, Rosalie continues to be more upset and sad about Juilette than Nick. Great job.

Blazing Ownager fucked around with this message at 12:08 on Nov 16, 2015

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

Blazing Ownager posted:

Oh God, barely starting this episode and Adalind is already supremely annoying me. "You were my first!" all cute and flirty. For fucks sake, everyone Nick ever loved is dead and it's all her fault so this is just hilariously stupid. I really hope this episode doesn't keep this up.

ED: And even funnier, Rosalie continues to be more upset and sad about Juilette than Nick. Great job.

He just might not be sane anymore.

Astrofig
Oct 26, 2009

There Bias Two posted:

I'm still holding out hope that the last five minutes of the last ep of the season show him sitting alone just COVERED in Adalind and the baby's blood---like so much blood, that it's immediately obvious the donor could not possibly still be alive.

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

Astrofig posted:

I'm still holding out hope that the last five minutes of the last ep of the season show him sitting alone just COVERED in Adalind and the baby's blood---like so much blood, that it's immediately obvious the donor could not possibly still be alive.

Maybe the whole zombie Grimm thing will come out again and he'll just devour the entire cast in a bloodbath.

ETB
Nov 8, 2009

Yeah, I'm that guy.

There Bias Two posted:

Maybe the whole zombie Grimm thing will come out again and he'll just devour the entire cast in a bloodbath.

Minus Monroe And Rosalee, of course.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
Actually just cancel the show and start a spinoff starring Monroe and Rosalee.

hangedman1984
Jul 25, 2012

Applewhite posted:

Actually just cancel the show and start a spinoff starring Monroe and Rosalee.

This is the only option. Wu occasionally guest starring.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that except for the Juliette and Adelind stuff, the first few eps of this season have actually been not bad. We've even got an interesting villain introduced; it seems clear by the end of ep 3 that the "Free what was hidden" conspiracy is a group who want wesen to go public.

I don't even have too much of a problem with Adelind not wanting to be an evil bitch any more, to be honest. They're just doing it way too fast and easily, to the detriment of the show.

Oasx
Oct 11, 2006

Freshly Squeezed
It feels like the writers realize what a mess they made of it last season, but that they are unwilling to completely retcon everything that happened, so they are just trying to get the best out of the Adalind thing.

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

Oasx posted:

It feels like the writers realize what a mess they made of it last season, but that they are unwilling to completely retcon everything that happened, so they are just trying to get the best out of the Adalind thing.

Are they even the same writers for this season?

Stabbey_the_Clown
Sep 21, 2002

Taco Defender
5x04 – “Maiden Quest”
Nick and Hank are on the case when a father's quest to find his daughter a husband leads to multiple deaths.

Last week's case of the week was pretty good. But Nick and Adalind had a MOMENT. "You were my first Woge". Uggghhhh...

pasaluki
Feb 27, 2008

THIS WHAGON HAS NO BREAKS! I HAVE THE HEART OF THE BUUFALO the strength OF THE MOUNTAIN, THE FURY OF THE THUNDER AND MY WILL IS UNBREAKABLE! I will not surrender to KNOW ONE

There Bias Two posted:

Nick to me is past the point of brokenness and misery and is just completely masochistic and self-hating, which explains why he is obsessed with work. Juliette rejected his marriage proposal and lost her memory and cheated on him with the captain, and turned into a hexenbiest destroyed his aunts trailer, attempted to murder him and was mainly responsible for murdering his own mother. Now Nick is living with his own rapist, a literal monster who is responsible for everything that happened to him with Juliette.
If Adalind didn't exist, Nick and Juliette have a somewhat normal life.

If this show had actual character development and good writing it would be interesting to see Nick's breaking point where he realizes that he has been living in hell this entire time. But it doesn't have either so Nick will develop a steamy romance with Adalind and everything will be fine.

Astrofig
Oct 26, 2009
You know, I think that's why people initially thought Nick was 'bland'----he just accepts things. We almost never see any real passion or heat from him-----only when he was zombified and in battle has he ever lashed out in anger.

Can you guess who's hoping for a scene to come where he just up and backhands Adalind or throws her bodily down the stairs? It might or might not be me!

Ahahaha the club is called F-bomb.

Astrofig fucked around with this message at 03:07 on Nov 21, 2015

pasaluki
Feb 27, 2008

This one also was not bad. So there's 2 in a row. The one-off episodes seem to be better than the arcs on this show. I liked the actors they chose for the side characters and thought it had a fun little twist. I'm not sure why the girl killed the second guy because she seemed to be in love with him. That's kind of why I had discounted her as a killer. I think it would have been funny if rather than go after the Patriarch, Frankie went through life thinking this bizarre tiger creature was his guardian angel

shades of eternity
Nov 9, 2013

Where kitties raise dragons in the world's largest mall.
That's the strength of the show.

They build great characters that act well and have great chemistry with each other.

IT's the Metaplot where the writers fall apart.

flynt
Dec 30, 2006
Triggerhappy and gunshy
I prefer the monster of the week episodes to the ones that are supposed to advance the overall plot. I like seeing about all the different wesen but they do such a lovely job on the long running story lines. Especially now. I'd be really happy if they could kill whatever story was happening between Nick and Adalind. The bra in the bathroom was real unsubtle.

newts
Oct 10, 2012
I'm not sure where the writers are going with that subplot. It seems like they just got done breaking up the stable, 'boring' relationship on the show, and now they've got Nick and Adalind headed toward domestic bliss complete with baby? They took away the animosity, which was the only thing that made that relationship somewhat interesting.

spookygonk
Apr 3, 2005
Does not give a damn

Are they going to keep Trouble out of the show apart from the last few minutes of every episode? 'Cos that's going to be boring pretty quickly.

Stabbey_the_Clown
Sep 21, 2002

Taco Defender
5x05 – “The Rat King”
Nick tends to a badly wounded Trubel, but Meisner warns that she's still far from safe.

No episode last week, here's tonight's synopsis.

Astrofig
Oct 26, 2009
Rat Voltron. There was a literal rat Voltron.

KatWithHands
Nov 14, 2007
So I dropped the show a few episodes into this season, but I saw on twitter that they finally showed what a Grimm's eyes look like to Wesen. Is that true? That's something I've been wanting to know since they revealed it, so it'd be my luck that they showed it after I'd given up the ghost.

Astrofig
Oct 26, 2009
Solid black. They look solid coal black, with a reflection in them of the wesen's woged state. They actually used that tonight, a wesen nurse got Trubel to open her eyes and then woged to check whether or not she was a Grimm.

devoir
Nov 16, 2007
I have to admit that for a minute, I thought they were just going to kill Trubel for shock value so they could get back to the domestic bliss sub-plot.

I guess what I'm saying is that my expectations were exceeded.

KatWithHands
Nov 14, 2007

Astrofig posted:

Solid black. They look solid coal black, with a reflection in them of the wesen's woged state. They actually used that tonight, a wesen nurse got Trubel to open her eyes and then woged to check whether or not she was a Grimm.

Ahh, that's what I was hoping for. Cool, thanks!

Astrofig
Oct 26, 2009
I'm beginning to notice that every time Monroe is like, 'Psssh, yeah, couldn't be *insert legendary monster here*; those aren't real!111' then lo and behold, it IS said legendary monster.

Sloth Life
Nov 15, 2014

Fallen Rib
Awesome bike!

ETB
Nov 8, 2009

Yeah, I'm that guy.
Grimmobile!

And Hank's body count went up at least double tonight.

spookygonk
Apr 3, 2005
Does not give a damn

ETB posted:

And Hank's body count went up at least double tonight.
Nah, they weren't dead, just stunned.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Astrofig
Oct 26, 2009

spookygonk posted:

Nah, they weren't dead, just stunned.

And then he shipped them off to a farm in the country!

• Locked thread