Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Aces High
Mar 26, 2010

Nah! A little chocolate will do

hollylolly posted:

I think the writers are hinting toward how a hexenbiest's nature totally wipes out the "real" person you are. We see it happening to Juliette (now Eve), who has a horrific transition because she became a hexenbiest at such an old age. Adalind has always been one or was turned very young, so we see it happening in reverse for her (ok this doesn't take into account how she became normal once before and then did everything she could to become a hexenbiest again).

That still sounds like the writers backpedaling in trying to justify a relationship between her and Nick, which is still gross because she loving raped him and even better is that she did that to get her hexenbiest powers BACK. Besides, how does this work when Sean has more or less never shown any real malice or evil outside of season 1 where he was just being shifty and ~mysterious~, because he would still fall under the -biest problem since he is a zauberbiest.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PureRok
Mar 27, 2010

Good as new.
Basically, nothing has changed in that this show would be much better if Adalind was dead.

newts
Oct 10, 2012
I went back and rewatched this show because I missed a lot of episodes here and there, and I have to say Adalind comes off a bit more sympathetic that way. I still hate the whole 'rape/living together' relationship because it is seriously messed up, but a lot of the most evil poo poo she does is instigated by someone else.

She tries to kill the aunt and Hank to make Renard happy. Then she rapes Nick in exchange for the chance to get her baby back from Prince whatever his name is. I can kind of understand how she'd be willing to do anything to see her baby again. Actually, the whole baby-stealing plot really makes the main characters look like complete dicks. The show tries to justify it, but holy poo poo! They kidnapped a baby!

Adalind does need to die, though.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Hahaha, I can't believe they actually went that way.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
The further adventures of a boy and his dog

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

Nobody move and nobody gets hurt.

I'm long past the point of hoping that the writers are anything but fully committed to making Nick and Adalind a ~true love~ couple, but they made an odd point this episode of having Nick remember more of the bad times with Adalind, and on top of that had Monroe showing some doubt about whether she's truly changed. Probably just them trying to make her redemption story even more obvious, but still interesting.

Ravane
Oct 23, 2010

by LadyAmbien

Azhais posted:

The further adventures of a boy and his dog rapist.

This show won't stop getting shittier.

Sloth Life
Nov 15, 2014

Built for comfort and speed!
Fallen Rib
The big boss lurves Adalind, the lower downs are just nodding along and quietly throwing in references to her evil past because they can't call bullshit

newts
Oct 10, 2012

tessiebee posted:

The big boss lurves Adalind, the lower downs are just nodding along and quietly throwing in references to her evil past because they can't call bullshit

I honestly have no idea what the writers are doing at this point. If they needed to 'kill off' Juliette because people were bored with the domestic, happily married situation and were super into the hate-rape of the Adalind and Nick relationship, then why did they go right back to happily married? Adalind loves Nick? Really?

Astrofig
Oct 26, 2009
So glad I watched Sleepy Hollow and skipped this.

Aces High
Mar 26, 2010

Anyone else watching tonight? Looks like Adalind is going biest again.

Also was totally expecting Monroe and Nick to find the 12th century equivalent of "your treasure is in another church"

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
So what we've found out tonight is that loving Nick turns you into a hexenbiest

Astrofig
Oct 26, 2009
So it's okay to kill her again?

Sloth Life
Nov 15, 2014

Built for comfort and speed!
Fallen Rib
Rosalee has killed to defend herself and others before, why is she so scared of the junkie with no backup?

Binary Logic
Dec 28, 2000

Fun Shoe

tessiebee posted:

Rosalee has killed to defend herself and others before, why is she so scared of the junkie with no backup?

And in her own shop! You'd think she could have done more but maybe it's a Wesen pecking order or food chain thing ie a wolfish Wesen (whatever Tony is) will always dominate a fuchsbau.

All the scenes of Monroe and Nick in the crypt were great, as was their escape.

Waynebo
May 18, 2004

Look at that subtle off-white coloring.
The tasteful thickness of it.
Oh my god. It even has a watermark.
i only keep watching this show because the actors all have great chemistry with each other and the cops are corrupt as gently caress

though i'm not sure if they're ever going to top renard becoming jack the ripper for some reason, killing prostitutes, and then framing his cousin who was killed by nick

Waynebo fucked around with this message at 15:12 on Mar 12, 2016

hollylolly
Jun 5, 2009

Do you like superheroes? Check out my CYOA Mutants: Uprising

How about weird historical fiction? Try Vampires of the Caribbean

Could this stick be part of a larger piece of wood with some significance??

Like maybe the Cross? They were freaking Crusaders you idiots.

Edit: although I'm not sure what theological/actual significance such a relic would have in the world of Grimm

ETB
Nov 8, 2009

Yeah, I'm that guy.
Spoiler: Jesus was actually a wesen.

spookygonk
Apr 3, 2005
Does not give a damn

ETB posted:

All Wesen are Devils / Angels...

Astrofig
Oct 26, 2009
I smell a crossover with Lucifer!

Also LA Times did an interview with Guintoli now that Grimm's reached 100 episodes----he's very diplomatic regarding the whole 'serial rapist and victim in love uwwuuuu!!111' thing.

http://www.latimes.com/entertainment/herocomplex/la-et-hc-grimm-david-giuntoli-100-episodes-20160311-htmlstory.html

Astrofig fucked around with this message at 16:55 on Mar 14, 2016

shades of eternity
Nov 9, 2013

Where kitties raise dragons in the world's largest mall.
man

is it just me or did this episode give me flashbacks to angel season 7?

I practically expected hell's robot to show up. :p.

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

shades of eternity posted:

man

is it just me or did this episode give me flashbacks to angel season 7?

I practically expected hell's robot to show up. :p.

El Diablo Robotico

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Man that last episode felt like a hijacked script from another show. poo poo, the "amazingly worse than Grimm" Supernatural JUST did a drat wrestling plot, just swap out demons for wessen and it might as well have been on there.

I've seen far, far worse bottle shows but I did have that "WTF am I watching?" feeling.

newts posted:

I went back and rewatched this show because I missed a lot of episodes here and there, and I have to say Adalind comes off a bit more sympathetic that way. I still hate the whole 'rape/living together' relationship because it is seriously messed up, but a lot of the most evil poo poo she does is instigated by someone else.

She tries to kill the aunt and Hank to make Renard happy. Then she rapes Nick in exchange for the chance to get her baby back from Prince whatever his name is. I can kind of understand how she'd be willing to do anything to see her baby again. Actually, the whole baby-stealing plot really makes the main characters look like complete dicks. The show tries to justify it, but holy poo poo! They kidnapped a baby!

Adalind does need to die, though.

I hate these "the powers made me do it!" plots. It was equally stupid as gently caress in Heroes, and for the same reason: We had a whole season where the character was depowered and trying like hell to get their powers back; then they lose them again and act like "Oh I don't want those horrible powers back, they made me evil!"

It literally makes no sense. It's depressing somebody could still gently caress up as bad as Heroes, but they're going for the gold.

ETB posted:

Other powerful things exist in the universe maybe they'll just flat out introduce the concept of Gods.

That said it's obvious that stick is either one of the nails from the cross, or a part of the cross. Super loving obvious.

Blazing Ownager fucked around with this message at 19:36 on Mar 20, 2016

spookygonk
Apr 3, 2005
Does not give a damn

Blazing Ownager posted:

Other powerful things exist in the universe maybe they'll just flat out introduce the concept of Gods.

That said it's obvious that stick is either one of the nails from the cross, or a part of the cross. Super loving obvious.

But was Monroe just healed or now no longer Wessen as well (and then they'd use it on Adalind for happy ever after)

Well, wrong about that.

spookygonk fucked around with this message at 20:19 on Mar 26, 2016

Martout
Aug 8, 2007

None so deprived
This used to be a fun and campy show but then it REALLY stopped being that. Has it improved in any way since last season? Are Nick and Adalind really a thing because if that's the case then the show has gotten worse which is probably impossible?

Astrofig
Oct 26, 2009

spookygonk posted:

But was Monroe just healed or now no longer Wessen as well (and then they'd use it on Adalind for happy ever after)

More importantly, is that now going to turn him evil and cause him to try to rape Hank in order to become wesen again?

quote="Martout" post="457673385"] Are Nick and Adalind really a thing because if that's the case then the show has gotten worse which is probably impossible?
[/quote]

They are as of maybe a month-and-a-half/two months ago. The serial rapist and her victim are shacking up together to raise their rapeling.

Clamknuckle
Sep 7, 2006

Groovy

Astrofig posted:

Also LA Times did an interview with Guintoli now that Grimm's reached 100 episodes----he's very diplomatic regarding the whole 'serial rapist and victim in love uwwuuuu!!111' thing.

http://www.latimes.com/entertainment/herocomplex/la-et-hc-grimm-david-giuntoli-100-episodes-20160311-htmlstory.html

The best part of that article is when he said he told the exec producers what he wanted to do and they basically said "gently caress it, whatever".

a foolish pianist
May 6, 2007

(bi)cyclic mutation

Martout posted:

This used to be a fun and campy show but then it REALLY stopped being that. Has it improved in any way since last season? Are Nick and Adalind really a thing because if that's the case then the show has gotten worse which is probably impossible?

Also, add a really poo poo Nikita knockoff with not-Juliette. It was marginal last season, and now it's only worth it if you've got time to hatewatch something.

Astrofig
Oct 26, 2009
OH poo poo YOU GUYS EVE MIGHT HAVE FOUND A WAY TO BE JULIETTE AGAIN!!!

Edit: WHAT THE ACTUAL CHRISTING SHITFUCK

Astrofig fucked around with this message at 03:00 on Apr 2, 2016

pasaluki
Feb 27, 2008

THIS WHAGON HAS NO BREAKS! I HAVE THE HEART OF THE BUUFALO the strength OF THE MOUNTAIN, THE FURY OF THE THUNDER AND MY WILL IS UNBREAKABLE! I will not surrender to KNOW ONE
Well that was quite the critter they had this week

Astrofig posted:

Lmao

Aces High
Mar 26, 2010

Astrofig posted:

I'm gonna be honest, I have so little faith in the writers that I thought she was going to turn into Adalind. Honestly this is better just because I'm enjoying the Wesen CIA more than, well, everything else happening

Binary Logic
Dec 28, 2000

Fun Shoe

pasaluki posted:

Well that was quite the critter they had this week
A really stupid critter. I don't see how he expected to get away with his youth-sucking habit since he was so open about recruiting 'models' (and handing out business cards with his name and address) who would die the day after their photo shoot.

And I don't understand why Juliette/Eve has been made so ridiculously powerful. Super-strength, super-speed, telekinesis, shape-shifting and whatever else the plot needs.

Astrofig posted:

Now I'm hoping that Juliette/Eve as Renard seduces Adalind, and she gets pregnant. Or they both end up pregnant. and give birth to twins from different mothers :confused:

spookygonk
Apr 3, 2005
Does not give a damn

Loved Dr. Eugene Forbes' toothy smile (wonder if he had any Hamlindigo Blue on him?)

Also, Wu seems to have recovered from his lycanthrope scratch?

n3wt
Dec 22, 2005

Astrofig posted:

"There were risks taken, and I spoke with Jim Kouf and David Greenwalt, our executive producers, and Jim just shrugged and said, 'Sometimes you have to take a chance and see if it works.' And they weren't being cavalier. I think that they just have the experience to know that sometimes you roll a six, sometimes you roll a two."

"Well, they've certainly created a love triangle with the most possible drama — everything that you could possibly squeeze out of a love triangle."

That's uh a very, very diplomatic way of saying they throw darts at a printout of random fanfiction plots for Dark Angel or the X-files and have turned up the soapiness of the show to 11 with rape babies, hexenbiest possession (Juliette), Jack the fricking ripper, worldwide illuminati wesen and evil twin Eve...but hey it's a paycheck!

shades of eternity
Nov 9, 2013

Where kitties raise dragons in the world's largest mall.
not a bad episode all things considered.

looking forward to seeing renard's path. :D

Binary Logic
Dec 28, 2000

Fun Shoe
Sasha Roiz as Eve as Renard was well done, he was even stiffer than usual (except where it mattered).
But the transition made me laugh, it was so cheaply done. Eve falls down out of view and then gets up as Renard.

spookygonk posted:

Loved Dr. Eugene Forbes' toothy smile (wonder if he had any Hamlindigo Blue on him?)

Also, Wu seems to have recovered from his lycanthrope scratch?

No it's still bothering him. Guess it will be slow-played and kick in at the worst possible moment.

spookygonk
Apr 3, 2005
Does not give a damn

shades of eternity posted:

not a bad episode all things considered.

looking forward to seeing renard's path. :D

Yeah, surprisingly fun.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
Adalind continues to be the consistently worst part of the show. Without her, this would be a pretty decent if goofy supernatural drama.

Robot Hobo
May 18, 2002

robothobo.com
The preacher woman's name was Joan Vark.
... Joan Vark
.... Joan v ark
..... Joan of Arc

Really, Grimm? Really?

I don't know why I expected better, but somehow this one still caught me off guard.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

Robot Hobo posted:

The preacher woman's name was Joan Vark.
... Joan Vark
.... Joan v ark
..... Joan of Arc

Really, Grimm? Really?

I don't know why I expected better, but somehow this one still caught me off guard.

Yeah, I kept waiting for Nick or Hank to notice that, and have it turn out to be an alias or something. But nope, they just played it straight.

• Locked thread