Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
pasaluki
Feb 27, 2008

THIS WHAGON HAS NO BREAKS! I HAVE THE HEART OF THE BUUFALO the strength OF THE MOUNTAIN, THE FURY OF THE THUNDER AND MY WILL IS UNBREAKABLE! I will not surrender to KNOW ONE
Oh God can anyone get me a .gif of the "claw" at the end? Could not stop laughing!

This show has the best cgi

In terms of the episode
Hank is the worst friend ever for not bolting Nick to the wall. The man is obviously out of his mind and instead of trying to stop him in that situation (which as a cop he can totally do that) he lets him go on his warpath where he almost gets into a car accident and ultimately ends up going after an FBI agent...

I appreciated that they resolved to pregnancy arc in one episode in that same way that I would appreciate a gunshot as opposed to flesh eating bacteria: at least it
's over quickly. Babies in TV shows are almost always bad because since a baby does not have a personality they can only be used as a plot device. This show's particular plot device of using the baby as an inviolable connection between Adalind and Nick caused me to internally root for a stillborn or the death of the mother, which is not typically something I would normally root for.

Oh well I still like the show. In fact me and my fiancee dressed up like Monroe and Rosalee for Halloween!

pasaluki fucked around with this message at 07:00 on Nov 3, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pasaluki
Feb 27, 2008

THIS WHAGON HAS NO BREAKS! I HAVE THE HEART OF THE BUUFALO the strength OF THE MOUNTAIN, THE FURY OF THE THUNDER AND MY WILL IS UNBREAKABLE! I will not surrender to KNOW ONE
Alright episode tonight. I liked Rosalee woging to chew through the ropes

pasaluki
Feb 27, 2008

There Bias Two posted:

He just might not be sane anymore.

Nick to me is past the point of brokenness and misery and is just completely masochistic and self-hating, which explains why he is obsessed with work. Juliette rejected his marriage proposal and lost her memory and cheated on him with the captain, and turned into a hexenbiest destroyed his aunts trailer, attempted to murder him and was mainly responsible for murdering his own mother. Now Nick is living with his own rapist, a literal monster who is responsible for everything that happened to him with Juliette.
If Adalind didn't exist, Nick and Juliette have a somewhat normal life.

If this show had actual character development and good writing it would be interesting to see Nick's breaking point where he realizes that he has been living in hell this entire time. But it doesn't have either so Nick will develop a steamy romance with Adalind and everything will be fine.

pasaluki
Feb 27, 2008

This one also was not bad. So there's 2 in a row. The one-off episodes seem to be better than the arcs on this show. I liked the actors they chose for the side characters and thought it had a fun little twist. I'm not sure why the girl killed the second guy because she seemed to be in love with him. That's kind of why I had discounted her as a killer. I think it would have been funny if rather than go after the Patriarch, Frankie went through life thinking this bizarre tiger creature was his guardian angel

pasaluki
Feb 27, 2008

Astrofig posted:

Solid black. They look solid coal black, with a reflection in them of the wesen's woged state. They actually used that tonight, a wesen nurse got Trubel to open her eyes and then woged to check whether or not she was a Grimm.

That was actually a really cool effect.

pasaluki
Feb 27, 2008

Juliette's actress exists in an uncanny valley where I don't know whether to find her extremely pretty or an alien lifeform. That wig somehow makes this paradox worse.

Come to think of it Adalind looks bizarre too...

I'm trying to think about something other than the writing/storyline of this show and how it is absolutely idiotic.

The first season had a bit of craft to it and though it was always hokey, I loved the lore and myth stuff and seeing what lovely 3d creature they'd come out with. And I mean I like that everyone works together but way too many scenes of characters talking to one another and filling each other in about poo poo we just got done seeing. They need to go out and do poo poo together.

It's a show about how some humans are actually animals or monsters as a premise, and they spend half of every episode talking back and forth on the loving phone. They have these conversations but nobody actually knows or reveals poo poo mainly because the writers haven't even figured out where they are going with it, which is why the show lost its way so badly. Nicks favorite catchphrase is "I'm on my way" or "I'll get to the bottom of this" at the police station.

The show can't balance the characters anymore. Monroe is boring and domesticated and has nothing to do except be imposed on. Trouble is a good character with nothing to do. Remember when the Captain was an interesting enigma instead of a nobody? But the character who has been completely destroyed is Hank. Hank like every episode tries to be the voice of reason and tells a completely out of his mind Nick that as an officer sworn to uphold the law he can't go off on his own and do poo poo like threaten an FBI agent. But then like he just shrugs and is like oh well. What exactly is the point of someone who essentially reminds the audience that the protagonist is a dumbass who cares more about pursuing his personal affairs than his job and then never does anything about it? God if cops were as laid back as Hank nobody would ever be arrested.

pasaluki
Feb 27, 2008

Applewhite posted:

Tonight's episode was a real throwback to the early seasons. It was almost... well structured!
The one otter brother's slide from being okay with accidentally killing a guy to wanting his brother dead seemed a little abrupt, but I like how he got hoisted on his own petard at the end.

As usual the "Eve" bullshit is unbearable. Maybe the writers think if they repeat that eve is a different character from Juliet that the audience will actually believe it.

Yeah Nick should have been like "I don't know who 'Eve' is but Juliet is under arrest for attempted murder, arson, and [insert crimes here]."

Instead Nick is just like "welp shucks she's callin herself Eve now"

Best part of episode is Monroe's incredulous expression at hearing this. Since he's been rendered inert as a character, the best Monroe scenes are his actor reacting to whatever nonsensical plot points are being thrown at him.

pasaluki
Feb 27, 2008

Well that was quite the critter they had this week

Astrofig posted:

OH poo poo YOU GUYS EVE MIGHT HAVE FOUND A WAY TO BE JULIETTE AGAIN!!!

Edit: WHAT THE ACTUAL CHRISTING SHITFUCK

Lmao

pasaluki
Feb 27, 2008

Cannot believe they renewed this poo poo again. Gotta love NBC. I remember an interview with Silas Weir Mitchell where he was essentially like this is a cool idea but no way it works and lo and behold it somehow did...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pasaluki
Feb 27, 2008

Yeah I have to echo that was a fantastic finale. There wasn't a dull moment. I thought Bonaparte was sort of a wimpy villain/ mastermind but when he woged I was like ok this guy is terrifying.

• Locked thread