Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

I loved the expressions on the actors faces while they gave a recap, as though they were intentionally mirroring the audience's shock and confusion at the completely ridiculous direction the plot had taken last season. "Wait, seriously, that actually happened? That makes no sense at all."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

Blazing Ownager posted:

Oh God, barely starting this episode and Adalind is already supremely annoying me. "You were my first!" all cute and flirty. For fucks sake, everyone Nick ever loved is dead and it's all her fault so this is just hilariously stupid. I really hope this episode doesn't keep this up.

ED: And even funnier, Rosalie continues to be more upset and sad about Juilette than Nick. Great job.

He just might not be sane anymore.

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

Astrofig posted:

I'm still holding out hope that the last five minutes of the last ep of the season show him sitting alone just COVERED in Adalind and the baby's blood---like so much blood, that it's immediately obvious the donor could not possibly still be alive.

Maybe the whole zombie Grimm thing will come out again and he'll just devour the entire cast in a bloodbath.

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

Oasx posted:

It feels like the writers realize what a mess they made of it last season, but that they are unwilling to completely retcon everything that happened, so they are just trying to get the best out of the Adalind thing.

Are they even the same writers for this season?

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

It's entirely possible they encouraged tall tales about their abilities for the purpose of intimidation and safety.

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

"What’s funny is that I’m seeing on social media that the audience is increasingly OK with Nick and Adalind being together, but I think the baby has a lot to do with it. They’re like, “If they share a child they should be together—for the baby’s sake. Do what’s best for the baby!” And that proves what I’ve always known: We have very sweet fans."

Jesus christ these people are just as insane as the characters they portray.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

pasaluki posted:

Hank like every episode tries to be the voice of reason and tells a completely out of his mind Nick that as an officer sworn to uphold the law he can't go off on his own and do poo poo like threaten an FBI agent. But then like he just shrugs and is like oh well. What exactly is the point of someone who essentially reminds the audience that the protagonist is a dumbass who cares more about pursuing his personal affairs than his job and then never does anything about it? God if cops were as laid back as Hank nobody would ever be arrested.

Well he's pretty psychologically compromised by all this. It kinda makes sense that he might've thrown most of his morals and agency out the window in an effort to remain sane. I think Wu is by far the more pointless character because all he does is serve to echo Hank's sentiments. The whole police procedural aspect of the show is ridiculous at this point because Wesen have been shown to be really, really active and really, really common in the regular human world. It makes no sense that they're somehow this secret society. "Oh hey, that's the 50th ripped out throat/clawed up body we've gotten this year. Must be another serial killer with the same MO." Maybe there are just a lot more bear attacks in Portland than I realize?

• Locked thread