Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
Oh hey this show is back.
I should check my DVR.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

johntfs posted:

To make sure it's not on there. If it is you should delete it, take the DVR outside and then smash it with a sledgehammer just to be sure.

Oh was the premiere that bad?

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

Blazing Ownager posted:

Also the actress behind Rosalee managed to sound far more upset about Juilet dying than Nick, which I thought was funny. I really hope they don't suddenly have her become a nazi babyeater when the actress gets a better role offer and they decide to kill her off.

No I think you've got it. Anybody taking bets on when/how Rosalee turns evil?

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

Robot Hobo posted:

According to Wikipedia, episode 8 of this season is titled "A Reptile Dysfunction".
Ok, Grimm writers, I want you all to go sit in a corner and think about what you've done. You're in time-out.

Especially when that means she named her child after her own mother's killer.

I chuckled at the title.

Season 5 seems a little frenetic so far. A lot of running back and forth between plot points.
I kind of miss the more investigative focus of the first two seasons.
They also dropped the fairy tale conceit and I'm not sure whether that's good or bad.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
Actually just cancel the show and start a spinoff starring Monroe and Rosalee.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
Tonight's episode was a real throwback to the early seasons. It was almost... well structured!
The one otter brother's slide from being okay with accidentally killing a guy to wanting his brother dead seemed a little abrupt, but I like how he got hoisted on his own petard at the end.

As usual the "Eve" bullshit is unbearable. Maybe the writers think if they repeat that eve is a different character from Juliet that the audience will actually believe it.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
What did they charge the other brother with, though? He was being led away in handcuffs but it doesn't seem like any deaths could be linked to him?

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
Over/under on haw many episodes before Nick's mom's grave is desecrated?

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
lol they were like "oh poo poo we're way behind on introducing keys"

"Just have him find three keys."

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

Deakul posted:

So, is this show actually worth seeing?
I've been hearing about Buffy comparisons in a good way on places like AVClub and the ratings seem to be generally favorable too, along with it having decent ratings on IMDB.

I tried watching it like 5 years ago and stopped after like 4 episodes with how dull and generic it was, the actors didn't have any charm or anything to them.

It hasn't gotten any better in 5 years I'll tell you that much. At this point my wife and I are watching it for the episode that will let us finally quit. I have to say though season five surprised us by being a huge improvement on season four. They've restored enough of the police procedural roots that it's worth sitting through the lore portions.

I continue to be frustrated by the forced romance between Adalind and Nick, though. His comment that "she's turned out to be a surprisingly good mother" was especially hilarious in light of the fact she still has no idea where the daughter she tried to sell into sex slavery went.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

Deakul posted:

Yikes, I was afraid it'd still be mostly police procedural.
Can't stand that stuff myself.

Well without the police procedural element all you have left is a furry soap opera.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
Adalind continues to be the consistently worst part of the show. Without her, this would be a pretty decent if goofy supernatural drama.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

ShakeZula posted:

Yeah, I kept waiting for Nick or Hank to notice that, and have it turn out to be an alias or something. But nope, they just played it straight.

A guy named "Otto Octavius" ends up with eight arms? Figure the odds.

• Locked thread