Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pththya-lyi
Nov 8, 2009

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020

Ocean Book posted:

i think its good of her to take responsibility for her behavior

this but unironically

don't talk the talk if you can't walk the walk

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Maoist Pussy
Feb 12, 2014

by Lowtax
Responsibility for rape is like 5 years breaking rocks, though.

T.S. Smelliot
Apr 23, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
Mods please name change to THE HETEROCAGE

phasmid
Jan 16, 2015

Booty Shaker
SILENT MAJORITY
Fuckin' hets ruinin' my rape.

Red Minjo
Oct 20, 2010

Out of the houses, which is the most blue?

The answer might not be be obvious at first.

Gravy Boat 2k

Maoist Pussy posted:

What do they do with the rocks, and why don't they just get a robot to break them?

Dial-a-Dog
May 22, 2001

Red Minjo posted:

What do they do with the rocks, and why don't they just get a robot to break them?

They do, but only if the robot rapes somebody first

cthulusnewzulubbq
Jan 26, 2009

I saw something
NASTY
in the woodshed.

Pththya-lyi posted:

this but unironically

Maoist Pussy posted:

lol

Moon Atari
Dec 26, 2010

ghlbtsk posted:

She seems to be under the impression that you can do whatever you want and as long as you always follow with the robotic magic phrase, everything is OK.
By her own definition, shouldn't she be in jail? I guess it's only a problem when a man is the aggressor.

I'm pretty sure she did end up being criticised for 'apologism'. I don't think apologism is meant to refer to the literally apologising for your actions, but thats how they used it.

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

Moon Atari posted:

I'm pretty sure she did end up being criticised for 'apologism'. I don't think apologism is meant to refer to the literally apologising for your actions, but thats how they used it.

That doesn't make any sense, apologism is used to mean "defending an unpopular action/position" like rape apologism being the whole "its not rape/its not so bad" position

She's apologizing for what she as raping someone. That is literally the opposite.

Unless they mean that she didn't go far enough and needs to commit seppuku

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

A Serious Candidate For a Serious Time
I think it means she should turn herself into the police, and then when they don't arrest her for rape, protest in front of the station until they do.

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug

DreamShipWrecked posted:

That doesn't make any sense, apologism is used to mean "defending an unpopular action/position" like rape apologism being the whole "its not rape/its not so bad" position

She's apologizing for what she as raping someone. That is literally the opposite.

Unless they mean that she didn't go far enough and needs to commit seppuku

I think they more meant she half apologized for it, kinda passed it off on blaming alcohol, then suffered no tangible consequences other than stepping down. It's not like she got booted from the school like all the dudes who had similar complaints levied against them.

Maoist Pussy
Feb 12, 2014

by Lowtax
She should be chemically castrated, IMO. Rapists cannot ever really be reformed.

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

:siren:I CANNOT EJACULATE WITHOUT SEEING NATIVE AMERICANS BRUTALISED!:siren:

Put this cum-loving slave on ignore immediately!

Pththya-lyi posted:

this but unironically

she talks the talk, thereby ~raising awareness~ of the issue and preventing ralps being an annoying poo poo who doesn't actually help anyone, which means she has earned a reprieve from any serious punishment

Maoist Pussy
Feb 12, 2014

by Lowtax
You have to wonder what was going through her head when she decided to publicly declare herself a rapist.

BottledBodhisvata
Jul 26, 2013

by Lowtax

Maoist Pussy posted:

You have to wonder what was going through her head when she decided to publicly declare herself a rapist.

I suspect that somebody in her organization tried to blackmail or strong-arm her with something pseudo-damaging and she's attempting to take control of the narrative.

Either that or hungover guilt.

huskarl_marx
Oct 13, 2013

by zen death robot

unpacked robinhood posted:

oh wow what a special snowflake condition

should she have denied all wrongdoing and kept it up like most rapey alcos?

GORDON
Jan 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Obligatory Handle posted:

Like is that how sex is supposed to happen now? Ask for permission/if its still cool every 8 seconds?

I propose a dead-man-rape button. You keep pressing the button as long as you are still giving consent. If you stop giving consent, or you pass out drunk, or die, and release the button, your partner has 5 seconds to stop before they are raping you.

You're welcome.

Ahundredbux
Oct 25, 2007

The right to bear arms
i wanna end rape but not by doing anything difficult like working in a womens shelter or try to actually reach out to rapists so iunstead i'll blog about how some guy dared get offended by me calling him a potential rapist :rolleyes:

Maoist Pussy
Feb 12, 2014

by Lowtax

GORDON posted:

I propose a dead-man-rape button. You keep pressing the button as long as you are still giving consent. If you stop giving consent, or you pass out drunk, or die, and release the button, your partner has 5 seconds to stop before they are raping you.

You're welcome.

This is actually a useful thing for when you are slamming someone who is bound and gagged.

The Giggler
Nov 6, 2012

china bot posted:

lol at every future virgin whose first sexual experience is with another terrified virgin

edit: i am straight and white, what is the webster's definition of fuckboy

I thought it was derived from the Jamaican Patois "batty boy", which is a derogatory term for a gay man.

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Moon Atari posted:

Being in young radical progressive social circles would suck so bad. Imagine all the drama, bitchiness and petty spite of regular college kids, then add on an even greater concentration of overbearing personalities, byzantine and ever changing social norms, legitimised tantrums, a tendency to connect every interaction and minor annoyance to larger social political issues, and have rape sub in for witchcraft/reds as the focus of moral panic. Even if your racial/gender/sexual identity grants you moral authority status you can still be taken out by the most insubstantial of accusations, and your own beliefs and the social pressures you have endorsed prevent you from not agreeing and taking responsibility even if you aren't so indoctrinated as to actually think you did wrong.
It feels like they're cracking down tighter and tighter on the people who already agree with them, while the vast majority of college students and off-campus student life totally rejects everything they believe in. The Tumblr stuff does not fly in the frat house.

Germstore posted:

I think it means she should turn herself into the police, and then when they don't arrest her for rape, protest in front of the station until they do.
I don't know how it is in the UK, but the rad-progressive approach to dealing with rape has got to be a goddamn conspiracy to prevent rapists from being punished. Probably on the part of university administrations, co-opting student activists and to ensure that rape allegations are dealt with through resignations or quiet means rather than criminal charges.

Why anyone would want universities to police themselves after Jerry Sandusky is out of their minds.

Fat-Lip-Sum-41.mp3
Nov 15, 2003

GORDON posted:

You're welcome.

The male orgasm is three seconds long and so I find this profoundly disturbing.

The Whole Internet
May 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

LegoPirateNinja posted:

The male orgasm is three seconds long and so I find this profoundly disturbing.

you should work out more often, and eat some vegetables

it can definitely go up to 10 seconds

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot

Ocean Book posted:

she should have just denied it, fallen back to twitter brigades to unconditionally defend her, and accused her victims of [...]ism/phobia as appropriate

it's worked for everyone else so far

old-timey newspaper gal
Feb 23, 2005

lets make sjw haikus

I am a fuckboi
consent is complicated
don't ban me lowtax

BIG PUFFY NIPS
Mar 7, 2007

College Slice
how is that in 2015 there are still people who havent figured out that no one cares about lesbians or is particularly bothered by what they do or do not do? like it kinda sucks and all but throughout human history its been the case

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

If only there was some way of publicly announcing in advance that you were ok with having someone gently caress you. Maybe make it an event with cake. SJW types like cake.

ashgromnies
Jun 19, 2004

Ocean Book posted:

she should do that in jail

why aren't any charges being pressed???

BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy

Maoist Pussy posted:

It's like flagellants really, you're supposed to make a show of what a sinner you are

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

Omi-Polari posted:

I don't know how it is in the UK, but the rad-progressive approach to dealing with rape has got to be a goddamn conspiracy to prevent rapists from being punished. Probably on the part of university administrations, co-opting student activists and to ensure that rape allegations are dealt with through resignations or quiet means rather than criminal charges.

Why anyone would want universities to police themselves after Jerry Sandusky is out of their minds.

Off topic, but learning about how loving hard Universities work to cover up rape was one of the most mind-blowing experiences of my life when I was 19-20. It hit me hard that the institutions that family and teachers had pushed on me could actually be corrupt, then I watched The Wire, and the rest is Goon History

I knew someone who went to the University of Guelph years ago and they had a serial rapist at one point stalking the dorms, raping several girls in one night before he was caught, as well as a girl who was raped on property that the university owned but was argued as not technically being part of campus, even though it was juts across the street of the main campus, so that didn't make the news either!

Professor Shark fucked around with this message at 13:23 on Oct 31, 2015

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Hell Yeah posted:

welcome to the future, where sex is impossible

For many of us the future is now.

unpacked robinhood
Feb 18, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Professor Shark posted:

raping several girls in one night

He's the hitman of rape

unpacked robinhood
Feb 18, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
I'm afraid there's a contract on your vagina girl

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

I'm afraid there's a contract on your vagina girl

The main character is a handsome and very muscular high school teacher by day and dispenses a surreal brand of "justice" at night as the Rapeman under the business "Rapeman Services", which is co-run with his uncle, a former surgeon. The business' motto is: "Righting wrongs through penetration ."[2]

BottledBodhisvata
Jul 26, 2013

by Lowtax

Blue Train posted:

The main character is a handsome and very muscular high school teacher by day and dispenses a surreal brand of "justice" at night as the Rapeman under the business "Rapeman Services", which is co-run with his uncle, a former surgeon. The business' motto is: "Righting wrongs through penetration ."[2]

Well I mean

I guess it's not really any more violent than having both your legs broken by Batman and thrown off the second floor of an apartment complex.

Medieval Medic
Sep 8, 2011

GORDON posted:

You're welcome.

I propose a button you shove all up in your vag that the dude has to keep hitting with his penis. If you don't hit it, you have a small penis, which is undesirable, and thus are a rapist.

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

DUNK A DILL PICKLE REALDO
we already had this thread like a week or so ago

NomChompsky
Sep 17, 2008

so does this mean that social justice is wrong now

BottledBodhisvata
Jul 26, 2013

by Lowtax

NomChompsky posted:

so does this mean that social justice is wrong now

To enter into any war for a righteous cause is to invite destruction to all of mankind.

Fight battles for selfish reasons, and you will still value life.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Return Of JimmyJars
Jun 24, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Murder all sjws

• Locked thread