Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
GBXDude
Jun 4, 2015
I'm anxious to see how many people we had playing during our stress test this morning, and it's pretty cool to see some of the unlocked characters in matches. The more characters available means the more strategic you need to be with how you divide up your own team. And yeah Phoebe is pretty strong at the moment, but even so theres still strategies to wreck her pretty good. Even OP characters there's ways to take them down or even win the game, it's not all about individual power, it's about organization and teamwork and doing well with objectives :D

GBXDude fucked around with this message at 19:24 on Nov 1, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

Gadzooks! I'm terrified of this little child who is going to stab me with a knife. I must wrest the knife away from his control and therefore gain the upperhand.

GBXDude posted:

I hope everybody's enjoying it, the test is definitely not even close to the content we have in store for final release :)

I'm anxious to see how many people we had playing during our stress test this morning, and it's pretty cool to see some of the unlocked characters in matches. The more characters available means the more strategic you need to be with how you divide up your own team. And yeah Phoebe is pretty strong at the moment, but even so theres still strategies to wreck her pretty good. Even OP characters there's ways to take them down or even win the game, it's not all about individual power, it's about organization and teamwork and doing well with objectives :D

Phoebe is a pub stomper but I'm not convinced she isn't just straight up broken. How do I get the locked characters?

Karnegal
Dec 24, 2005

Is it... safe?

Knifegrab posted:

Phoebe is a pub stomper but I'm not convinced she isn't just straight up broken. How do I get the locked characters?

If you logged in during the "bum rush the server" time frame you got 1. Otherwise they're priced so you can't unlock them

Taiso
Feb 20, 2002

Crush them now!

Karnegal posted:

If you logged in during the "bum rush the server" time frame you got 1. Otherwise they're priced so you can't unlock them

You can actually refund and get another like three times.

Der Shovel posted:

Same here. Got into a match, realized I didn't know anything about any of the heroes and picked Montana. I felt slow, I felt ineffective and I felt weak for a supposed tank hero. The spinning sword lady and some mushroom dude just kept dunking on me non-stop for 10 minutes and then we lost.

It was not a fun experience.

He is actually good as it turns out he just needs a lot of support. Ambra and Reyna are kind of my jam.

https://battleborn.com/en/battleborn/ambra/
https://battleborn.com/en/battleborn/reyna/

Taiso fucked around with this message at 10:04 on Nov 1, 2015

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

One thing that would be really neat to have, and one thing that Overwatch does really well, is give you info about your character's abilities before you pick them. With Battleborn you have to go in blind.

You can click the info button, sure, but all you get are vague bars representing the various aspects of a character (what does 4/5 power really mean, other than the character being quite powerful) and a whole mess of icons, none of which I at least can mouse over to get any info on what the abilities themselves do or how they work.

I mean, yeah, this is a problem that kind of solves itself as players play more and get familiar with the characters, but it's not fun having to pick characters essentially blindly at first and hope you get something you enjoy playing as.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Karnegal posted:

It was pretty cool when they decided to have a bumrush the server event and send an e-mail asking people to do it when there was only ten minutes left.

I use the story mode to test out characters and get a little bit of a feel for them but apparently I'm the only one because when I was playing earlier today three of my four matches ended up being solo. Maybe it's just that nobody is playing on the PS4.

lewtt
Apr 2, 2011

The Great Twist
Definitely like this game although the co-op humour really needs to have 100x less awful dialogue, and the combination of having to aim in an fps and position/awareness like a moba is just way too much data at once for the vast majority of gamers coming from smite/tf2. On day one I've seen more people backpedal in confused terror than in the life of most fps i've played,, and it doesn't help that winning teams get to stick together and requeue instead of randoming again.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Yeah, all my games so far have been complete curb stomps one way or another. I haven't had any close games, it's just been 500 to sub-100 over and over again.

Turin Turambar
Jun 5, 2011

Der Shovel posted:

Yeah, all my games so far have been complete curb stomps one way or another. I haven't had any close games, it's just been 500 to sub-100 over and over again.

I had a bit of both, a few close games, and others that were curb stomps. I think it depends if one side is exploiting the good melee characters against a team who doesn't know what's up.

The game lacks a bit of punch, of adrenaline. Maybe the base speed should be increased by 10%.

GBXDude
Jun 4, 2015

Der Shovel posted:

One thing that would be really neat to have, and one thing that Overwatch does really well, is give you info about your character's abilities before you pick them. With Battleborn you have to go in blind.

You can click the info button, sure, but all you get are vague bars representing the various aspects of a character (what does 4/5 power really mean, other than the character being quite powerful) and a whole mess of icons, none of which I at least can mouse over to get any info on what the abilities themselves do or how they work.

I mean, yeah, this is a problem that kind of solves itself as players play more and get familiar with the characters, but it's not fun having to pick characters essentially blindly at first and hope you get something you enjoy playing as.

Check out the Command menu, each character you go into in the Command menu is where you get to see your 3 abilities (Skill 1, Skill 2, Ultimate) as well as your 3 Passives. There's also a Helix in that menu to help you plan for a specific build with a character you've never played.

We are aware of the bars being weird, no worries. But yeah if you're ever curious about a character check out their command screen first.

GBXDude fucked around with this message at 18:45 on Nov 1, 2015

obsidian440
Apr 15, 2004

Don't question god's choices.
This game lacks any clear focus, The PVP is poorly implemented and eclipsed pretty much any other game in the genre of mobas. The story mode is better off left to games with a loot grind because why the gently caress is it fun to start each level of a story mode off as level 1 again and have top pick skills each time ? Opening "loot" is the most tedious unrewarding experience ever. The fact that we have a gearbox guy in here going "No guys i promise we have the mythical final build in office that is just amazing and fixes all these core problems I promise" is just insulting. Gearbox makes amazing worlds and the art is top notch, but they really missed the ball on this one. What makes it so much sadder is that making a MOBA is like playing T-ball. Good job gearbox.

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

Gadzooks! I'm terrified of this little child who is going to stab me with a knife. I must wrest the knife away from his control and therefore gain the upperhand.

GBXDude posted:

Check out the Command menu, each character you go into in the Command menu is where you get to see your 3 abilities (Skill 1, Skill 2, Ultimate) as well as your 3 Passives. There's also a Helix in that menu to help you plan for a specific build with a character you've never played.

We are aware of the bars being weird, no worries. But yeah if you're ever curious about a character check out their command screen first.

This is a psuedo-fix, if I am interested in a character I can read about him in the command center sure, but if someone on my team picks him before me, I then am left to blind picking. More information on the character select screen is a real no brainer.

Also, will we ever get better tower upgrade descriptions? Like ok, I get that the center station heals, but what do the second and third upgrades do? One looks like a strong man and the other armor, I would assume armor is shield regen buffs but no idea what the strong man is.

obsidian440 posted:

This game lacks any clear focus, The PVP is poorly implemented and eclipsed pretty much any other game in the genre of mobas. The story mode is better off left to games with a loot grind because why the gently caress is it fun to start each level of a story mode off as level 1 again and have top pick skills each time ? Opening "loot" is the most tedious unrewarding experience ever. The fact that we have a gearbox guy in here going "No guys i promise we have the mythical final build in office that is just amazing and fixes all these core problems I promise" is just insulting. Gearbox makes amazing worlds and the art is top notch, but they really missed the ball on this one. What makes it so much sadder is that making a MOBA is like playing T-ball. Good job gearbox.

Sorry you couldn't be more wrong about the PvP. It's actually really well implemented, and team work is essential. Some characters do seem a bit strong, I'm sure full balance isn't in yet since its a technical alpha not a beta, but the game is actually still really well balanced all things considered. This is as close to SMNC as any game is going to get and I actually feel like its BETTER balanced than SMNC so far. The TTK is a bit high but that is actually refreshing in this genre. More or less everyone has their place and the station placements are somewhat critical. There have only been one or two characters I have played who I simply cannot be effective with.

GBXDude
Jun 4, 2015
:staredog:

When I was mentioning the build I was talking about the technical issues such as matchmaking, that people were having trouble with. There was a PC patch which should've helped with this. They're still working on a fix for PS4, unless it's already been added. If you have trouble matchmaking on PS4 try to find a group, seems like it works quicker at the moment :)

Sorry you're not enjoying the test, it is just that, a test. If you're truly concerned about certain core things then why not submit feedback on the official forums? You can do it here: http://forums.gearboxsoftware.com/c/battleborn/closed-technical-test

GBXDude fucked around with this message at 19:38 on Nov 1, 2015

GlyphGryph
Jun 23, 2013

Down came the glitches and burned us in ditches and we slept after eating our dead.
Played a bit of this the other day. Actually enjoyed the campaign a good bit, but god drat is the lack of accessible information painful. I ended up having to spend an hour on the internet scavenging info from forum discussions before I actually figured out what was going on or what I was supposed to be doing in even the vaguest of terms. Game really needs, like... an instruction manual screen or something.

Questions we (me and the people I was playing with) had in roughly the order we asked them:
What the gently caress are shards?
How do I get shards?
What are shards for?
Why does Montana seem to suck so bad?
Ultimate? What is an ultimate?
Oh, that sounds cool, but how do I actually use it?
I think I understand what Attacker means and what support means, but what does "Defender" mean? Does it just mean Montana sucks?
What is this owl doing exactly? What does this clock ability do? What is going on?
Wait, what are these credit things? We need to buy loot and characters? Does this cost actual money? Ugh, is this gonna be a lovely microtransaction game selling for full price!?

Anyway, around this point we realized the level up screen actually had ability descriptions at the bottom, and combined with the level ups themselves and some loving around we started putting together what the characters were actually capable of. As far as character info, the game's website is completely useless, and the wiki is actively wrong.

We then switched over to campaign mode, which was a bit more fun than getting curb stomped in PvP, and learned the answer to some of those questions over five or so playthroughs, but things still didn't add up in regards to shards and we didn't quite understand why certain things were happening. Still have no idea what the directions about what we were supposed to do to fumigate the spider actually meant, but we somehow managed it by just blowing everything up.

So, more questions came up:
Oh, these red things have shards in them! And shards can be used to level up ... wait, no, it doesn't cost shards to level up?
Oh, I can build things, except... building things destroys things??? Did I just waste all my shards?
There's a shard item on the score screen, does this mean collecting shards is important to winning? So is spending them bad or what!?
Sometimes I get shards even when I didn't collect any shards?

I think we've mostly figured out what's going on now, and we figured out opening and using loot and money and all that stuff (opening loot boxes is the most frustrating part of the game by far, just let us open the whole goddamn stack at once or something god drat).

It's fun, but it's like its intentionally going out of its way to be confusing about what's actually happening most of the time.

GBXDude posted:

Sorry you're not enjoying the test, it is just that, a test. If you're truly concerned about certain core things then why not submit feedback on the official forums? You can do it here: http://forums.gearboxsoftware.com/c/battleborn/closed-technical-test

quote:

:(
Error
while trying to load
Something went wrong.

Apparently no?

Primary bit of feedback I'd give right now is actually put a screen with the goddamn rules of the game somewhere, if not in the game then at least on the website, and I'd stick the character details (real ones, not the vague bullshit on there now) up on the website too.

LostRook
Jun 7, 2013
Really wanted to play this, but even though my comp meets the specs I guess I'm still beneath the threshold. Alas.

Turin Turambar
Jun 5, 2011

GBXDude posted:

Yes, there is the command screen. But where people want the info is in the character selection screen.

Played near six hours already, and yep, the first impression of balance is still the same: melee characters are op.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

GBXDude posted:

Like Knifegrab says, that doesn't really solve the issue. I can't pop out to the Command menu to read up on a hero if I'm already picking my hero for a game. Also, asking people to memorize all heroes can be off putting and is a hurdle for new players, especially versus the option of being able to mouse over icons on the character selection screen to get at least a description of what a skill or passive does. Right now the information presented (a huge line of icons with no explanation or context) feels like a weird half measure.

Turin Turambar posted:

Played near six hours already, and yep, the first impression of balance is still the same: melee characters are op.

That's my feeling too. Once they're in my face I don't have enough escapes or necessarily any moves to force them to disengage either, and as a result I get torn to shreds in seconds. It's frustrating as hell.

Shaman Tank Spec fucked around with this message at 20:25 on Nov 1, 2015

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

Turin Turambar posted:

Yes, there is the command screen. But where people want the info is in the character selection screen.

Use your middle mouse melee, it does damage but more importantly it forcefully knocks the enemy away. Hit them with melee and book it to your team or turrets. I very rarely get solo'd by melee characters anymore because of it. I know it doesn't sound like much but getting a melee in to push them away is critical to not only escaping the melee characters but to utterly wrecking them.

Just in case this isn't clear because this is the #1 complaint I hear from people, (and I am going to throw some other things people don't really understand here too, will also throw it in the OP:

:siren: This is important, do these things!:siren:

-When a melee character is in your face Use middle mouse button to melee, it knocks them out of melee range and you can easily escape.
-On the minimap (press 3 to make the minimap bigger) orange shard looking things will appear, when they do it means shards have spawned. Go to those areas and attack the shards and collect the broken shards once they are destroyed. Whoever destroyed it gets the most but some of the shards are always shared to the whole team.
-Use shards to upgrade turrets, activate gear and also Spawn super robots! Super robots are located next to the center most shard on the map, one on each teams side. You can buy super robots for a lane or for both if you are shard rich.
-Hit B to teleport to base! It takes ~3 seconds to teleport and any damage you take will cancel it, as well as performing any action. When you teleport back you will instantly get full health and shields!
-Push to talk is enabled and voice activated by default, its stupid. Change it to push to talk.

Knifegrab fucked around with this message at 20:45 on Nov 1, 2015

ceebee
Feb 12, 2004
Middle mouse click bruhs. Yeah the balance is pretty off at the moment but there are still ways to counter. Also I dunno what the issue is about character select, does Overwatch give you every single bit of information about a character before you pick it? Last I saw from watching streams you could only see more information by hitting F1 while playing the character and the information they give you at the character select screen is only their archetype. Smash Bros also doesn't give you a ton of information during character select last i remember. Is it really that hard to just try out a character?

Also I'm pretty sure if you hit 1 to go in your skill tree the passives and skill descriptions are on the bottom of the screen, last i remember

GlyphGryph
Jun 23, 2013

Down came the glitches and burned us in ditches and we slept after eating our dead.

ceebee posted:

Middle mouse click bruhs. Yeah the balance is pretty off at the moment but there are still ways to counter. Also I dunno what the issue is about character select, does Overwatch give you every single bit of information about a character before you pick it? Last I saw from watching streams you could only see more information by hitting F1 while playing the character and the information they give you at the character select screen is only their archetype. Smash Bros also doesn't give you a ton of information during character select last i remember. Is it really that hard to just try out a character?

Also I'm pretty sure if you hit 1 to go in your skill tree the passives and skill descriptions are on the bottom of the screen, last i remember

In Smash Bros trying out a character will give you a good idea what it actually does. That is not actually the case here. I still don't know what the purpose of some the abilities I used were.

ceebee
Feb 12, 2004

GlyphGryph posted:

In Smash Bros trying out a character will give you a good idea what it actually does. That is not actually the case here. I still don't know what the purpose of some the abilities I used were.

Hit 1 inside the match it'll tell you all you need to know pretty much

Turin Turambar
Jun 5, 2011

Knifegrab posted:

Use your middle mouse melee, it does damage but more importantly it forcefully knocks the enemy away.

I know already. I feel it usually gives you 2 more seconds until you are dead.

quote:

-Hit B to teleport to base! It takes ~3 seconds to teleport and any damage you take will cancel it, as well as performing any action. When you teleport back you will instantly get full health and shields!

What, you can return to base with a key?? This changes everything!

---

GB needs to improve the weapons feelings, some of them are underwhelming. They have to feel good using them. For example the bow is just meh, I just don't know if I shoot an arrow and hit someone without the damage number indicator. Miko's kunais could be improved too, or the marine's rifle.

The "soundscape", this is, the overall use of audio, the variety of sounds and their quality, ambient sounds of the scenario etc is pretty mediocre. It needs more work. Most of the sounds feel pretty generic.

Turin Turambar fucked around with this message at 21:03 on Nov 1, 2015

GlyphGryph
Jun 23, 2013

ceebee posted:

Hit 1 inside the match it'll tell you all you need to know pretty much

I was on x-box so I'm assuming that's the level up screen? Yeah, I did figure that out eventually, but if you're going the "read stuff to figure out what things do" then why not just put it in on the character select screen somehow?

There's not really any discover-ability is the point, and in that situation there's no reason not to front load the info.

ceebee
Feb 12, 2004
Yeah there could be better ways to show a lot of information and teach new players about it I agree, but even when I first started playing I never had an issue just doing trial and error like most games I play

also after character select when you're in the ship it gives you a brief VO/slide show tutorial for Meltdown mode if you keep an eye on the door that opens up, I've noticed most people dont really pay attention to it anwyays

edit: god drat level 50 already spotted, i'm only 11 so far fffff

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

Turin Turambar posted:

I know already. I feel it usually gives you 2 more seconds until you are dead.

Can I ask what character you're playing where you get killed? Cause for the most part, none of hte melee characters can really catch up to the other speedy classes after a melee strike, and if you they do you can just swipe em again. I mean sure sometimes I do lose to a melee hero, that's gonna happen, but there are a LOT of ways to shut them down. (also stick to your team)

Turin Turambar
Jun 5, 2011

Knifegrab posted:

Can I ask what character you're playing where you get killed? Cause for the most part, none of hte melee characters can really catch up to the other speedy classes after a melee strike, and if you they do you can just swipe em again. I mean sure sometimes I do lose to a melee hero, that's gonna happen, but there are a LOT of ways to shut them down. (also stick to your team)

What characters are speedy? Because most of them feel pretty slow, except maybe two. The rest are in a problem to escape, as the melee characters (Rath, Phoebe, the dwarf) has CC in their kit, and they need very few seconds to burn your health. Some of them even have too mobility skills.

They don't seem to lose speed when they are using melee, maybe that could be a solution.

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

Turin Turambar posted:

What characters are speedy? Because most of them feel pretty slow, except maybe two. The rest are in a problem to escape, as the melee characters (Rath, Phoebe, the dwarf) has CC in their kit, and they need very few seconds to burn your health. Some of them even have too mobility skills.

They don't seem to lose speed when they are using melee, maybe that could be a solution.

I dunno man, I'm not sure, a lot of characters feel fast, maybe you are super out of position?

I might have to put this game down for a while. The fact that they gave away a bunch of the locked heroes to people is a problem because the heroes that were locked are super unbalanced and broken.

Antoine Silvere
Nov 25, 2008

Are these soap bubbles?
Grimey Drawer

Turin Turambar posted:

This is gonna sound super condescending but I don't mean it that way: you can hit shift to run. Took me a while to realize I could do that and everyone felt super slow before I figured that out. As far as I can tell getting hit with melee doesn't cancel your run.

Knifegrab, might wanna add that to the OP.

lewtt
Apr 2, 2011

The Great Twist

Turin Turambar posted:

I had a bit of both, a few close games, and others that were curb stomps. I think it depends if one side is exploiting the good melee characters against a team who doesn't know what's up.

The game lacks a bit of punch, of adrenaline. Maybe the base speed should be increased by 10%.

obsidian440 posted:

The characters definitely move very fast for the map size, with the exception of the tanks which are so tall that it gives the feeling that you're moving slower than you are. The pvp pacing feels great to me; it's very rare i'm not shooting at a target as a ranged which is more than i'd ask for in an fps hybrid. At least the loot system will give pve'ers a reason to keep nutting away at it, even if its really derpy and almost impossible to fail. The leveling every match doesn't really matter to me because random talents were never the focus of the loot grinding games I played.

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

Phoebe isn't as broken as I once thought she was but she is definitely way too strong. Now that things are settling, while the balance isn't awful, the game is definitely a long way from balanced.

limited
Dec 10, 2005
Limited Sanity

Liquid Penguins posted:

Don't give Randy Pitchford money :)
I dunknow, depends if this game is one that is actually being developed properly, or just being shat out while they take someone else's money and funnel it into a different project entirely.. Like that would ha- :lol:

Delacroix
Dec 7, 2010

:munch:
I'm a little glad that the TTK isn't as high as SMNC (which was too much of a change from MNC) but the ranged-melee balance doesn't feel too good.

I've been playing Miko (bind your talent key to right click) and the AoE slow helps with sprinting away from melee characters. Once Miko gets Fight or Flight (30% speed boost from taking damage) it's significantly easier to stay alive, Phoebe wasn't a problem later in the game. I think stacking as many speed boosts isn't just nice, it's outright required so you can dance around the edge of a fight and dodge projectiles or line dashes.

I wish activating Biosynthesis wouldn't interrupt the healing beam though.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
I dislike most MOBAS but I enjoy a lot of first-person action games and wow the combat in this is bad, like, real bad. I played the co-op level last night and it was the dullest thing I've played in a while; none of the shooting/abilities were fun to use and everything lacked any sense of impact, most of the jokes were painfully unfunny, and the enemy design was visually and mechanically dull. Tried some PVP today and fighting against players was similarly unsatisfying from a pure "oomph" standpoint. I honestly don't know why you'd pay money for this when Overwatch/Gigantic/Paladins/whatever-other-character-based-actiony-dotalike are coming out soon and will all be played with the initial investment of $0.

PuntCuncher
Apr 21, 2007

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

GBXDude posted:

Can't comment on how much you hate the writing or humor, it's not for everybody.

True enough, appreciate you posting here.

LostRook
Jun 7, 2013
Well they shitcanned Anthony Burch, so it's not as terrible as it could've been.

Turin Turambar
Jun 5, 2011

Antoine Silvere posted:

This is gonna sound super condescending but I don't mean it that way: you can hit shift to run.

This may sound condescending but, the melee characters pursuing you also can hit shift to run.

Incredible, I know.
:P

edit: Speaking of speeds, they should make Montana faster. Yes, I know, his whole gimmick is being big, hulking and slow, but they went too extreme in the slow part. He just isn't fun. And yes, I'm using his dash skill.

Turin Turambar fucked around with this message at 11:17 on Nov 2, 2015

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

Turin Turambar posted:

This may sound condescending but, the melee characters pursuing you also can hit shift to run.

Incredible, I know.
:P

edit: Speaking of speeds, they should make Montana faster. Yes, I know, his whole gimmick is being big, hulking and slow, but they went too extreme in the slow part. He just isn't fun. And yes, I'm using his dash skill.

Played more or less all day yesterday, no one seems to be having as much trouble with melee characters as you are...

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Do levels on characters increase their damage? I don't really feel like jumping into PVP with a bunch of level 1 characters if I'm going to be super gimped just because I can't play as often.

Turin Turambar
Jun 5, 2011

Knifegrab posted:

Played more or less all day yesterday, no one seems to be having as much trouble with melee characters as you are...

I played too today, and more or less everyone has trouble with melee characters. Because in 95% of games, there is a melee character with at least a 3:1 K/D ratio, though it can be up to 7:1 or more (I did 12/1 a pair of times).
I say "melee characters" but maybe the problem is with 2 OP characters that happen to be melee. We don't have all the characters to say it's a melee problem or a character specific problem. Once Rath have a slight nerf and Phoebe a more substantial nerf, it will be much better.

What are the plans for dealing with leavers, btw?

Turin Turambar fucked around with this message at 18:24 on Nov 2, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GBXDude
Jun 4, 2015
Right now the people who leave mid-match must wait until the game they left is over for them to matchmake into another game. Which I guess isn't that harsh of a punishment because I've noticed people leaving much more frequently as well. I'm sure there will be changes and improvements to the punishment system, if they really want to leave just wait until the Surrender becomes available, that way one side isn't playing a 5v3 or a 3v5

IcePhoenix posted:

Do levels on characters increase their damage? I don't really feel like jumping into PVP with a bunch of level 1 characters if I'm going to be super gimped just because I can't play as often.

No, it does not. However, the leveling inside of the match your damage does go up from level 1-10 (the same kind that allow you to pick new Helix decisions). So no, there are no super OP specific people at the start of a game. If you learn the mechanics, regardless of what gear you have, or how high level you are, you can still make a pretty huge impact as a "level 1 guy"

GBXDude fucked around with this message at 18:29 on Nov 2, 2015

• Locked thread