Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro
bitch it ain't even november

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro
its ok, this thread feels right.

legend of legacy review: disappointing

whats the next jrpg releasing in the us for the 3ds?

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro

man, the early years of bob ross game is weird

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro

theultimo posted:

https://corporate.bestbuy.com/get-xenoblade-chronicles-x-at-best-buy-score-10-in-epizza-cash/

Weirdest promotion i think

You’re going to get Xenoblade Chronicles X at Best Buy anyway. Why not get $10 in free e-Pizza cash, too?

Attention: Game night is now on. If it sounds too good to be true, don’t worry, it’s not.

Here’s how to make it happen.

1. Pre-order Xenoblade Chronicles X for Wii U (excluding Collector’s Edition) by Dec. 3, 2015. Make sure to purchase it by Dec. 10. Limit one pre-order per person. Limited quantities and no rain checks.

2. One code for $10 in e-Pizza cash per game will be provided and must be entered at XCXPizzaCash.com by Jan. 14, 2016, to receive a virtual prepaid MasterCard valid for $10 toward purchasing pizza.

canceling my gamestop preorder to preorder at best buy. unless they come up with a better bonus.

gamestop, your move

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro
the more people get upset about fallout 4, the more i can't wait to buy it day 1

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro

net cafe scandal posted:

I'm gonna wait for Advanced Warfare 2.

halloween is over, it is no longer acceptable to spook people with pictures of a skeleton waiting for something that never comes

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro

codenameFANGIO posted:

Please play games because you like them, not because other people hate them.

it can be both

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro

precision posted:

the new Guitar Hero is better than the new Rock Band

what even is happening :wtf:

wife and i played new gh a bunch, and while the micro transaction poo poo is like adding acid to perfectly good water, the game plays well and the songs are generally good picks.

the whole audience is real thing blows and i don't like it, but that could just be because i generally don't like crowds.

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro
daisy had a rough life, living in peach's shadow

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro
i didn't get very far in that super violent tomb raider. i liked it but it just didn't grab me, and i kind of got turned off by all the ultra violent death animations when i failed qtes

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro

Mordja posted:

Tomb Raider was pretty bloody but none of it compared to some of the stuff that happened to you in Dead Space.

i'm not ashamed to say it didn't disturb me nearly as much in dead space

i think its because seeing a pretty lady get impaled by a thick wooden stake disturbs me on a visceral level

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro
i already have a few albums picked out for wandering around the wasteland

i'm really excited to play fallout 4

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro

i'll probably buy this if the gameplay is strong enough to warrant it

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro

limaCAT posted:

Out there, a lone japanese man designs gameplay systems in a basement.
His name removed from all products, he knows that his masterpieces will be harmed by terrible voice acting following the direction of horrible writing, and tons and tons of scantly clad women that do not respect the need for different standards of beauty.
Properly deciphered, all the rule systems in his games will make you spell out "P L E A S E G E T M E O U T O F T H I S B A S E M E N T I H A T E A N I M E".

But the real, terrible secret?

Every year at halloween all the western gameplay designers gather in a secret meeting, after scorching those games on the forum all the year long, stealthly killing people who dared to buy them in front of their very eyes while they were scouting gamestops, and ruining the life of all the supporters that publicly state they keep coming to the titles after being lured by the gameplay hidden by the scantly clad harem. They sacrifice a pimply, fat male virgin they fed with junk food all the year long, and swear to find the lone japanese man. They know his secret, they already decoded his plea of help, yet they are oblivious of the basement where he is hidden.

Once they will find him, they will shove their long knives down his heart, rip it out and feed it to dogs, because for all these years that developer, that japanese man, kept helping the PATRIARCHY!

i've got some crits for your story here. first, your really lost focus about halfway through your first paragraph. stay focused! its difficult to know what you're trying to say sometimes, so don't be afraid to ask yourself, "what am i writing about? what am i saying?" while writing.

second, brevity is the soul of wit.

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro
just finished mission thirty in mgs v

this game

it is a really god drat good game

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro

setafd posted:

I really like the 20th Anniversary skin because it does the noise

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro

Lurdiak posted:

I didn't really have a PS1 (except the used one I bought well into the PS2 era that lasted me about 4 months), so I don't have a nostalgia for that noise.

My nostalgia will always be for this one.

you monster

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro
I saw a Bruce Lee poster at the Chinese buffet this morning that said big boss on it

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro
drat, that is a man who has everything

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro

PantsBandit posted:

Sonic Generations is a very joyful game. Makes me happy every time I play it, especially Rooftop Run.

I thought it was really good, its the first game I ever got a plat trophy in

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro

bloodychill posted:

To be fair to MGS5 Japanese guy, the story is pretty trashy even by MGS standards and it was hard not to just skip through it. Not because it was "Japanese" but because it was "stupid in an unentertaining way"

I really enjoyed the hell out of it, just beat the gear boss like 5 minutes ago

Not once while blasting rockets at a giant mecha or sneaking through an enemy base with my dog did I go "ugh those dirty Japanese!!!"

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro
tbf my last mgs game was 2 so maybe I just don't have a pool of poo poo from 3 and 4 that I was hoping to see referenced or something but I even though the plot was good.

setting up mgs 1 is a rock solid end to it

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro
oh gently caress there is more

literally who is complaining about this game lmao

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro
do you have a specific example

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro
the only time I can even imagine being bashful about playing mgs v is because of quiet. but that turned out to be funny because my wife went 'holy poo poo' and I had a good laugh

perhaps you should try to not take things so seriously?

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro

The Taint Reaper posted:

10 minutes into Fallout 4 and the first object i loot off a corpse is a copy of the works of Karl Marx.

The description says it's good for toilet paper.

taint reaped and preorder canceled. thanks for the heads up, homie

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro
where can I get some nuka cola

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro
No

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro
yea i went in the evening, and my target was all out

maybe they're do another issue around the holidays

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro
i've really been enjoying it, but i get to play precious little video games. i enjoy most games more than a lot of people i guess

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro
Every time I get a new place with a workbench, I ritualistically hunt down everything I can destroy that isn't in working condition.

Then I set about repairing fences and doors wherever possible. Then I get to designing a dream town.

I really like FO4.

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro

axleblaze posted:

Man, Nintendo put up over 15 gigs in optional installs to make Xenoblade run better when it comes out. While it's cool they're doing that for people that are getting the disc version, 15 gigs is a whole lot of space on a Wii U. Ah well, while there was some unplayed stuff I got rid of (mainly stuff I got as freebies when Club Nintendo was a thing), it was nothing I can't go back to later.

I also suppose I should get around to finishing the original Xenoblade...such a good game but there's just an overwhelming amount of stuff to do.

can you preload it before you get the game?

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro

axleblaze posted:

Yes. It's up now under dlc and if you preorder the game itself I think you can preload the whole thing now

got a special edition on preorder or i'd do it digitally. thanks for the heads up on this.

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro
I tried to play tp not that long ago, it seemed good. if it wasn't for motion controls I might have finished it. a Wii u version with classic controls could be extremely my poo poo

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro
there's probably nothing wrong with motion controls I just don't like them

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro

VideoGames posted:

I am really enjoying fallout4 and am very happy the game exists. I hope those people who dislike the game have found a different game that they like to play as much as I do.

I hope we are all enjoying our hobby!

Same

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro
bongo bongo bongo I don't wanna leave the Congo oh no no no no

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro

Nasgate posted:

Idk how anyone doesn't like the whimpy DJ. He has great lines about different quests and legit sounds like some nerd trying to be a radio DJ

its kinda like joker in the batman movie with e:micheal keaton where he asks for the mirror but in actuality he doesn't like what he sees

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro
i'm looking forward to playing some games on my pstv. waiting for cyber monday to get a good memory card. already got the pstv for like 30 bucks

• Locked thread