Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

its cool how all the edgy posters trying to malign trader joes clearly haven't ever been to trader joes and probably don't even do their own grocery shopping. i assume they're just mad that there's no TJs in whatever lovely town they live in

trader joes is really good. they've got lots of premiunm stuff at regular grocery store prices because they're sold under the store brand unlike at whole foods

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
yeah trader joe's pretty much owns :shrug: it's nothig like whole foods and a lot of the fold is of similar quality

Noun Verber
Oct 12, 2006

Cool party, guys.

The Goatfather posted:

its cool how all the edgy posters trying to malign trader joes clearly haven't ever been to trader joes and probably don't even do their own grocery shopping. i assume they're just mad that there's no TJs in whatever lovely town they live in

trader joes is really good. they've got lots of premiunm stuff at regular grocery store prices because they're sold under the store brand unlike at whole foods

You reek of patchouli and child neglect.

a bay
Oct 14, 2014

by Lowtax

The Goatfather posted:

I live in the food desert with the Black people

Baba Ganoush
Oct 12, 2014
Dinosaur Gum
Same thing happened to me OP

I spent hours in there and came out with some sort of spinach and artichoke frozen ravioli

circ dick soleil
Sep 27, 2012

by zen death robot
With your mouth you fucken retard.

cram me sideways
Apr 26, 2015
one twelve dollar onion, please

*leaves store*

i am better than most people because of what i just bought

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

cram me sideways posted:

one twelve dollar onion, please

*leaves store*

i am better than most people because of what i just bought

a guy who has been to TJs

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica
If you live somewhere so bougie that Trader Joe's is cheaper than the alternatives no amount of free trade organic snacks in fake rustic packaging is going to help you

Haverchuck
May 6, 2005

the coolest

Sleeveless posted:

If you live somewhere so bougie that Trader Joe's is cheaper than the alternatives no amount of free trade organic snacks in fake rustic packaging is going to help you

alot of their stuff is actually priced better than regular stores and you can get alot for your money there if youre not a total moron

Haier
Aug 10, 2007

by Lowtax

Sleeveless posted:

What are you talking about? Those printed borders and fonts on the plastic packages really speak to my struggle to find my inner forest-man in the midst of my mundane existence in a small city. I enjoy the experience of having nostalgic feelings for a time when I did not exist. Basically, I should kill myself and it's Trader Joes fault.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

now that i think about it wegman's is also pretty good too tbh

go there or weis instead of making GBS threads up gbs with "tradur joh's"

Luvcow
Jul 1, 2007

One day nearer spring

The Goatfather posted:

I'm guessing the edgy people still have mom buy the groceries or just shop at 7eleven

:shrug:

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
Costco is better than Trader Joes.

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

The Taint Reaper posted:

costco only sells the lovely reeses brand peanut butter cups

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

The Goatfather posted:

costco only sells the lovely reeses brand peanut butter cups

Not true they have their own Kirkland Peanutbutter cups now and they're larger than Trade Joes ones.

Haier
Aug 10, 2007

by Lowtax

The Goatfather posted:

Trader Joes is bags, boxes, and cans of pre-made meals and "appetizers" or junk food. Learn how to cook, dude.

Luvcow
Jul 1, 2007

One day nearer spring

Haier posted:

Trader Joes is bags, boxes, and cans of pre-made meals and "appetizers" or junk food. Learn how to cook, dude.

how is an onion a "pre-made food"?

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

Haier posted:

every grocery store, including trader joes, sells things that satisfy this description. this is true

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
learn how to cook :smug: every single meal you eat should be cooked by you otherwise youre worthless lazy scum :smuggo:

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

protip: trader joes brown kumato tomatoes are consistently the best tomatoes around in the offseason

circ dick soleil
Sep 27, 2012

by zen death robot

Sleeveless posted:

I live in a dumpster where I get all of my food for free.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

trader joe employees are pretty adamant about telling people to avoid produce.

circ dick soleil
Sep 27, 2012

by zen death robot

The Taint Reaper posted:

They're both good for different reasons.

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

trader joes also has a lot of quality frozen seafood that's frozen in individual servings, like 8oz salmon fillets, which is great if you cook for yourself

i know other stores have this stuff too but for what you'll pay for a pack of russian-caught chinese-packed salmon fillets at farm fresh you can get american wild-caught and packed fillets at TJs that will taste much better

poverty goat fucked around with this message at 18:31 on Nov 1, 2015

Haier
Aug 10, 2007

by Lowtax

thathonkey posted:

learn how to cook :smug: every single meal you eat should be cooked by you otherwise youre worthless lazy scum :smuggo:

O-ffended Microwave chef spotted

Sloppy
Apr 25, 2003

Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere.

thathonkey posted:

Generally true but eating out once a month or so is still ok.

Haier
Aug 10, 2007

by Lowtax
It still counts as cooking if you open a box of Uncle Ben's One Minute Rice and eat it raw because it cooks itself in your intestines.

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
no my problem is that i know how to cook but i'm really really lazy and work 60-80 hours a week usually :downs:

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

The Goatfather posted:

trader joes also has a lot of quality frozen seafood that's frozen in individual servings, like 8oz salmon fillets, which is great if you cook for yourself

i know other stores have this stuff too but for what you'll pay for a pack of russian-caught chinese-packed salmon fillets at farm fresh you can get american wild-caught and packed fillets at TJs that will taste much better
the goatfather:trader joe's::jastiger:iowa

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

They have Turkey and Stuffing flavored potato chips right now and they own so hard.

klapman
Aug 27, 2012

this char is good
i know a guy named joe and hes the most aggressively boring person in the loving universe, and that is literally the reason I dont like trader joe's

starry skies above
Aug 23, 2015

by zen death robot
Trader Joe's is a good store and I like them and I especially like the Ciliantro Jalapeno Hummus.

I love shopping there!

Why must goons hate good things

Haverchuck
May 6, 2005

the coolest

starry skies above posted:

Trader Joe's is a good store and I like them and I especially like the Ciliantro Jalapeno Hummus.

I love shopping there!

well if you shop at a particular store it can only mean you don't know how to cook

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

DUNK A DILL PICKLE REALDO
with a fork and knife

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

starry skies above posted:

I love shopping there!

that hummus is really good. most of their hummus is good + cheap but that's my preferred one.

and goons are just bad and hate everything. god forbid you actually shop at different places for different things, that's outrageous!

Fat-Lip-Sum-41.mp3
Nov 15, 2003

The Goatfather posted:

they have no roast like seriously have they ever even heard of eye round?

their chicken options are meager

do you routinely buy food from a place that doesnt have a proper butcher

oh also their apples loving blow

Fat-Lip-Sum-41.mp3 fucked around with this message at 00:28 on Nov 2, 2015

Maoist Pussy
Feb 12, 2014

by Lowtax
Trader Joe's doesn't carry Mountain Dew or Pop-Tarts, which is why it is actually Whole Foods, a different store chain.

Modest Mauser
Oct 28, 2009

Maoist Pussy posted:

Trader Joe's doesn't carry Mountain Dew or Pop-Tarts

I suppose the inexplicable vitriol goons hold toward a grocery store is no longer so inexplicable.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crusty Nutsack
Apr 21, 2005

SUCK LASER, COPPERS

1. Obtain Mandarin Orange Chicken
2. Obtain broccoli
3. Cook chicken according to package directions
4. Add broccoli
5. Eat over rice

• Locked thread