Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

My pendent? Why would it be special? It's just something I've always had, my father gave it to me before he disappeared...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Parallax Scroll posted:

there's a teenage asian guy with a thing strapped to his wrist that fires crossbow bolts. he is not one of the love interests

in asian markets he is clumsily photoshopped into one corner of the poster

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

If anyone needs to die fot whatever reason its going to be Bryan Chong

Blurry Gray Thing
Jun 3, 2009
Everyone thinks I'm something special, but I'm not! I'm just an ordinary person! How can I possibly do everything they expect!?

Oh, but you see, you are special. And it is not because of your one of a kind powers or the part where you constantly foil the unstoppable badguys. But because of your heart. That's what makes you really special.

phasmid
Jan 16, 2015

Booty Shaker
SILENT MAJORITY
"You want the map?"
*turns on UV light.*
"But you've had the full map all along. It's hidden in the tattoo above your crack, you dirty little tramp."

Enter Raze, the Inquisitor.

"Thank you, Dr. Kettering. You've led us right to the map, as promised."
*all gasp*

crabf
May 29, 2015
Teenage main character who does not know his past is able to blast through 100 soldiers with a small pistol in Evil Bad Guy Headquarters. The soldiers are equipped with AKs and SMGs but they are never able to hit their shots no matter how small the room is while the main character always hits headshots and kills them instantly. Main character eventually makes his way to the Evil Testing Lab where sticky notes and journals, which are casually lying around untouched while electric sparks fly everywhere and shattered glass lies all over the floor, refers to Main Characters shocking past that he's a test tube baby or whatever.

"No..." murmurs the main character.

FormerPoster
Aug 5, 2004

Hair Elf
Sixteen-year-old Maexxna Jones is the most plain and unpopular member of the Spiderian race. Even though she is totally boring and shy, she finds herself running towards danger with all eight legs when a web of dark secrets from her past spins her towards the hunky thorax of seventeen-year-old Styng, son of the leader of the rival Huni'B tribe. Will she be able to unravel the mystery of her mysterious past in time to save the Spiderians from the Lizard King, or will her borderline personality disorder scare off her new boyfriend and make it impossible to succeed?

Sunsetaware
Jun 2, 2012

Bethaneya wished she could be a normal girl, go on dates with Crayyg - or Justyn? The way Justyn had looked at her, with his genetically enhanced feral nature barely contained like a caged beast, made her weak just thinking about it. But Crayyg had told her she was the one shining beacon that saved him from existential despair and the gilded cage of his family. Could she ever let him down?
But all this could not matter. She was no normal girl. She bore the fate of millions on her too-knobbly shoulders that made her self-conscious whenever she looked into the mirror. She had to close off her heart and be strong.

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

DUNK A DILL PICKLE REALDO
they wear funny clothes that look kind of like our clothes but aren't

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

their culture is a degenerate pastiche of former glories

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

irony has ceased to exist, and jokes are outlawed

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

nobody ever, EVER talks about sex in a way that suggests anybody actually has it

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

there are idiotic genetically modified creatures that nobody can possibly imagine any real use for, outside of gladitorial entertainment

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
The Geriatrix

Basically the Matrix, but with super-ancient old people instead of computers, and attractive teenagers using sexy dancing and paedophilia charges instead of hackers with guns.

sout
Apr 24, 2014

I go by a peculiar name but there's a really good dumb reason for it.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
My parents aren't dead, they're just largely disinterested with what I do all day and where I am while simultaneously RUINING MY LIFE in some vaguely described way that makes me hate them.

Worldshatter
May 7, 2015

:kazooieass:PEPSI for TV-GAME:kazooieass:

My parents are dead because (insert seemingly random accident which turns out to have been caused by evil government/corporation)

Ahundredbux
Oct 25, 2007

The right to bear arms
"You see, when the government found out I was creating this world altering device they decided to kill me in a dramatic scene"
"But if you're dead how am I talking to you?!"
"I hacked my consciousness into their system so I could make you the hero. I'm a ghost now, a cyber-ghost." He said while biting into a cyber-apple.

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

You missed the best one. Hint: check the date of that tweet.

It was posted same day of the Baltimore protests and riots that spawned after the Freddie Grey funeral

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Worldshatter posted:

My parents are dead because (insert seemingly random accident which turns out to have been caused by evil government/corporation)

This one double-works for superhero origins.

Decebal
Jan 6, 2010

Ahundredbux posted:

"You see, when the government found out I was creating this world altering device they decided to kill me in a dramatic scene"
"But if you're dead how am I talking to you?!"
"I hacked my consciousness into their system so I could make you the hero. I'm a ghost now, a cyber-ghost." He said while biting into a cyber-apple.

"It's a braeburn"

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I'm going to go to a wild party and drink two beers and then be immediately drunk and do something silly that reinforces my relationship with a key character that I was otherwise neutral toward. Afterwards I will see the whole thing as a regrettable but galvanising event that I will use to inspire me onward in my fight against whatever evil thing it is that I am fighting.

horriblePencilist
Oct 18, 2012

It's a Dirt Devil!
Get it?
It's the third act. Hannnah just relayed her inspiring rally for a rebellion to the people of Junkotron by hacking into the Conglomerate's CommNet - thanks to Emmerick's noble sacrifice. Throughout the wastelands, people begin dropping their Uranium-Chisels while breaking into a massive battle cry and charge at the Supressors. Admiral Smin, Chief Supressor of Hannnah's home quadrant, manages to hold off the surge of rebels. In the confusion, he grabs the little girl seen in the first 15 minutes and holds a Shock-Node to her temple. "One step closer and the brat gets it, you uncouth hooligans!", yelled Smin with his british accent that oozes totalitarianism. The crowd goes to a sudden halt as the cowardly Admiral builds distance. "Far be it from me to-"

Klang.

The sudden blow to the back of his head causes Smin to crumple immediately, loosening the grip on the nameless girl. Breathing frantically, the would-be hostage looks up to her savior to see... Tarbon (the protagonists bully who went completely unacknowledged after his establishing scene.), tossing a Omniwrench from hand to hand. "Heh", mutters Tarbon with a confident smirk, "guess you don't need to be a stinking Mender to handle one of these babies."

Worldshatter
May 7, 2015

There also needs to be a character who gets a face scar while defending the protagonist from ninjas or something.

Decebal
Jan 6, 2010
Does sex ever happen in these books (even implied), or is holding hands and maybe a kiss the extent of it ?

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

Decebal posted:

Does sex ever happen in these books (even implied), or is holding hands and maybe a kiss the extent of it ?

Mostly underage protagonists sooooooo......

King of Bees
Dec 28, 2012
Gravy Boat 2k

Blurry Gray Thing posted:

Barry, I know you're the only editor I can get, but I'm really not comfortable with you trying to add that guy to all my work.

It's a YA novel, I can't go any harder than Hunter Oedipus Roosterswain.

Note from editor: Listen you little pissant, you fuckwit hack. I put you on the NYT best seller list and I can take you off the NYT bestseller list. Hunter O' Cocks, Son is instant gold. Do you hear me?! G-O-L-D. The kids will get it. And that sells paper! So do me a loving favor and get me that rewrite! Do it I'll make you the next, and last, Collins.

Decebal
Jan 6, 2010

VendaGoat posted:

Mostly underage protagonists sooooooo......

that makes sense I guess. Why call them Young ADULT books ?

cram me sideways
Apr 26, 2015
lmao @ 60 year old women unironically reading this kinda poo poo

yeah i'm fuckin callin you out, mom

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

Imagine a world where [CURRENT SOCIAL ISSUE] is everything... until one girl says no...

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

Decebal posted:

that makes sense I guess. Why call them Young ADULT books ?

The readers would be mad if we put them in the "children's" section. :ssh:

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
They're far too adult for the kiddies. Sometimes people do unchristian things and aren't punished for it!

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

*Sits in the corner with my face scar brooding of the meeting with all the teenage characters: Kilburn, the leader of the Rebellion, Kim, his loyal Lieutenant, Sasha, the Ranger, Remsen, the Chaotic Neutral guy who can get them past the Institutes defenses, and our protagonist: Caitlyn, the Chosen One.*

Professor Shark fucked around with this message at 22:51 on Nov 1, 2015

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

These people are all super, super White btw, except for Remsen maybe, who is described as having darker skin

Ahundredbux
Oct 25, 2007

The right to bear arms

Decebal posted:

"It's a braeburn"

hmm this perfectly matches my headcanon

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

Strategic Tea posted:

Imagine a world where [CURRENT SOCIAL ISSUE] is everything... until one girl says no...

The difference between the Dystopian Teen Drama genre and good dystopian fiction is that the girl is largely unable to say no, like in "A Handmaid's Tale", "1984", or Mad Max: Fury Road.

Worldshatter
May 7, 2015

We're on to a winner here guys, our series just needs a snappy name, as do the individual books.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Can it be something bland, but that could be viewed as racist or misogynistic if you do a three page effort post on tumblr?

Worldshatter
May 7, 2015

"The Dissent Trilogy"

Dissent
Ascent
Lament

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011