Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
dont be mean to me
May 2, 2007

I'm interplanetary, bitch
Let's go to Mars

Hockey cannot fail, it can only be failed.

I don't know if we did, because the two NYC-area teams that aren't the Rangers probably deserved it for reaching the shootout, but wow that is some lag time.

:spooky:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

grack
Jan 10, 2012

COACH TOTORO SAY REFEREE CAN BANISH WHISTLE TO LAND OF WIND AND GHOSTS!
Go Preds

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!
Gravy Boat 2k
Oh no Starssssssssssssssss

Trevor Bird
Apr 1, 2006

On a mountain of skulls, in the castle of pain, I sat on a throne of blood! What was will be! What is will be no more! Now is the season of evil! LET'S GO PRED-A-TORS!
these stupid goalies need to stop making great saves on forsberg

dont be mean to me
May 2, 2007

I'm interplanetary, bitch
Let's go to Mars

Fox Sports West sound crew you are on notice.

Also maybe make the most of today Kings because trips to Chicago usually end up extra weird and bad for you.

take me you ANIMAL
Nov 28, 2002

Congrats big boy
Dallas game is getting wide open.

Starsfan
Sep 29, 2007

This is what happens when you disrespect Cam Neely
Sharks haven't done much at ES today, getting out possessed, outchanced and outscored. Dallas keeps giving them chances on the PP though, literally the only time San Jose has the puck in the Stars' end for longer than 10 seconds.

Siroc
Oct 10, 2004

Ray, when someone asks you if you're a god, you say "YES"!
Ribeiro hasn't done much other than get penalties this year it seems.

Trevor Bird
Apr 1, 2006

On a mountain of skulls, in the castle of pain, I sat on a throne of blood! What was will be! What is will be no more! Now is the season of evil! LET'S GO PRED-A-TORS!

Siroc posted:

Ribereo hasn't done much other than get penalties this year it seems.

he paid a large cash settlement in preseason

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN
The gently caress is happening in this stars sharks game.

fanthom
Sep 6, 2005

ain't carryin no fuckin pads
Stars PK bad.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!
Gravy Boat 2k
The Stars PK has been really good this season until it decided to be horrifically bad.

toe knee hand
Jun 20, 2012

HANSEN ON A BREAKAWAY

HONEY BADGER DON'T SCORE
joel ward is so dreamy

Trevor Bird
Apr 1, 2006

forsberg is possessed today. good lord.

take me you ANIMAL
Nov 28, 2002

Congrats big boy
2 pp goals, 2 shorties, and a wraparound roofer. A fun period of hockey.

Trevor Bird
Apr 1, 2006

also cody hodgson is really bad

Starsfan
Sep 29, 2007

Shinjobi posted:

The Stars PK has been really good this season until it decided to be horrifically bad.

The Stars PK has been horrifically bad since the start of the year. And for the last 4 or 5 years.

Dallas has always been one of the bottom 5 teams for allowing a ton of chances and shots against on the PK. I think last season we were 2nd or 3rd worst in the entire league for most of the season until it got a bit better near the end. We haven't started out this year any better.

Actual PK% depends 90% on your goaltender making saves in a small sample size. over the long run, Dallas is going to sink towards the bottom of the league in PK goals against because they don't have forwards who do PK'ing on their team outside of Antoine Roussel and Jamie Benn.

toe knee hand
Jun 20, 2012

HANSEN ON A BREAKAWAY

HONEY BADGER DON'T SCORE

Starsfan posted:

Actual PK% depends 90% on your goaltender making saves in a small sample size. over the long run, Dallas is going to sink towards the bottom of the league in PK goals against because they don't have forwards who do PK'ing on their team outside of Antoine Roussel and Jamie Benn.

shoulda traded up to get bo horvat instead of val nichushkin i guess

Siroc
Oct 10, 2004

Ray, when someone asks you if you're a god, you say "YES"!

Trevor Bird posted:

forsberg is possessed today. good lord.

It's like he was on a mountain of skulls, in a castle of pain, sitting on a throne of blood. In the intermission interview he stated "What was will be! What is will be no more! Now is the NHL season of evil!"

Weird.

fits
Jan 1, 2008

Love Always,
The Captain
go cats, oilers,

DOOMocrat
Oct 2, 2003

The officiating looks even more questionable from 30 yards away, what blatant director officiating

Starsfan
Sep 29, 2007

toe knee hand posted:

shoulda traded up to get bo horvat instead of val nichushkin i guess

well guys who are good PK'ers can be found on the free agent market. It's not the most difficult skill in the world of the NHL to buy or trade for.

Dallas management needs to see past the small sample size luck, identify this as a major weakness that will bite this team over and over again, and make moves to address it.

Trevor Bird
Apr 1, 2006

Siroc posted:

It's like he was on a mountain of skulls, in a castle of pain, sitting on a throne of blood. In the intermission interview he stated "What was will be! What is will be no more! Now is the NHL season of evil!"

Weird.

:lol: now if only he could score

Starsfan
Sep 29, 2007

Shot attempts are 28-15 to Dallas 5 on 5, goals are 2-0 Stars. Just keep the game at even strength and Dallas takes this no problem.

Trevor Bird
Apr 1, 2006

why is quick good again

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN
Thatttt might be coming back Dallas

fits
Jan 1, 2008

Love Always,
The Captain
klinberg is pretty good

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain
Go Sharks, Jackets, Preds, and Cats

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

Onside good goal. Thought it might have been a bit of goalie interference, but on 2nd look nope.

Trevor Bird
Apr 1, 2006

THE REAL FLIPPIN' DEAL :frogsiren:

fits
Jan 1, 2008

Love Always,
The Captain
dallas sound guy playing the titanic song :laffo:

misdirectomy
Feb 19, 2008
Sharks bad team.

misdirectomy
Feb 19, 2008
I could go for a vintage Niemi softy about now.

Starsfan
Sep 29, 2007

fits posted:

dallas sound guy playing the titanic song :laffo:

and the national anthem of France after the Roussel goal :)

Trevor Bird
Apr 1, 2006

forsberg :stare:

Trevor Bird
Apr 1, 2006

WEBER BOMBS FOR ALL :frogsiren: :frogsiren:

maybe pay attention to him at the top of the circle

Veskit
Mar 2, 2005

I love capitalism!! DM me for the best investing advice!
loving lol woops

Veskit
Mar 2, 2005

I love capitalism!! DM me for the best investing advice!
I was kinda enjoying having my own thread because of an afternoon game though but oh well

Trevor Bird
Apr 1, 2006

mike ribeiro is mentally challenged

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

LOL Seguin

• Locked thread