Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe

Grittybeard posted:

This would be nice but gently caress that, put them away. Those starters are too damned good.

If they win tomorrow I hope the parade isn't till Tuesday so I can go.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

New Concept Hole
Oct 10, 2012

東方動的

Grittybeard posted:

How excited are you that Edinson Volquez's dad died?

At least that can't happen again right?

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Buck is going to be in Favre Mode

moolchaba
Jul 21, 2007
Who is this shithead talking. I recall him being hand fed by Cameron Diaz.

Shithead.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

moolchaba posted:

Who is this shithead talking. I recall him being hand fed by Cameron Diaz.

Shithead.

:siren:

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Why do the Royals keep getting to play teams that are loving stupid?

The Tigers ran up against a bunch of bulldozers from 2011 to 2013 but Bumgarner's basically the only one not to roll out the red carpet for these assholes.

Algund Eenboom
May 4, 2014

VJeff posted:

Why do the Royals keep getting to play teams that are loving stupid?

The Tigers ran up against a bunch of bulldozers from 2011 to 2013 but Bumgarner's basically the only one not to roll out the red carpet for these assholes.

Are your takes coming from your avatar

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
I turned off the sound, was that Ibanez on the post game? He hasn't been there all along has he?

RecoomesSexyRear
Jul 18, 2003

Grittybeard posted:

I turned off the sound, was that Ibanez on the post game? He hasn't been there all along has he?

No, i guess he replaced pete rose?

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Grittybeard posted:

they tried to throw it to him, but the feed had an error

New Concept Hole
Oct 10, 2012

東方動的

Grittybeard posted:

He showed up after Game 3 then the one guy with a beard replaced Rose.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Algund Eenboom posted:

Are your takes coming from your avatar

I expect the Mets to die and be a very cheap funeral.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Would hate to be the Mets right now.

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe
Cespedes for MVP

mang
Jul 21, 2015
Still think the mets can push this to 7 but not sure about winning twice in kc

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe

mang posted:

This is why it was so important to win 1 in New York. It's going to be tough to beat us twice at home.

alpha_destroy
Mar 23, 2010

Billy Butler: Fat Guy by Day, Doubles Machine by Night
After going back and looking at the key plays again I have confirmed this was a Grade A case of Metsing. The Royals didn't win, the Mets just lost very hard.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

mang posted:

If it gets to 7 I'll be :ohdear:ing all over the place. I don't want to see Ventura in a game 7 even though it's possible he could be really good.

mang
Jul 21, 2015

Grittybeard posted:

If it gets to 7 I'll be :ohdear:ing all over the place. I don't want to see Ventura in a game 7 even though it's possible he could be really good.

you think they would start him in game 7?

bort
Mar 13, 2003

fknlo posted:

This is why it was so important to win 1 in New York. It's going to be tough to beat us twice at home.
Syndergaard isn't the same pitcher outside of NY. There really isn't hope.

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe

Grittybeard posted:

Yeah, I'm really hoping it doesn't go 7. Like it would be cool for everyone but Royals fans, but gently caress them.

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012

bort posted:

Syndergaard isn't the same pitcher outside of NY. There really isn't hope.
Dont be an idiot.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

mang posted:

you think they would start him in game 7?

I mean that's the way it lines up and there's no one better hanging around. You could theoretically go with Duffy if you avoid using him until then or maybe Young but no way that happens.

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

fknlo posted:

Yeah, I'm really hoping it doesn't go 7. Like it would be cool for everyone but Royals fans, but gently caress them.

They Royals losing in 7 two years in a row would be too :smith: to take. I kind of feel like the Royals are just going to close this out tomorrow though.

iKickDogs
Aug 31, 2001

fishhooked
Nov 14, 2006
[img]https://forumimages.somethingawful.com/images/newbie.gif[/img]

Nap Ghost
You know something went wrong when salvie went 3 fer 4. Dude basically swings at everything.

Northjayhawk
Mar 8, 2008

by exmarx
Murphy's error was the 2nd-most costly error in world series history, as measured by how much it changed their team's chances of winning the game.

1) Buckner -40%
2) Murphy -35%

belt
May 12, 2001

by Nyc_Tattoo

Northjayhawk posted:

Murphy's error was the 2nd-most costly error in world series history, as measured by how much it changed their team's chances of winning the game.

1) Buckner -40%
2) Murphy -35%

Is there an article or something for this? I'd love to share this with my friends.

iKickDogs
Aug 31, 2001

If the Mets get a reverse Buckner, then it's only fair that the Royals get a reverse 1985 World Series.

belt posted:

Is there an article or something for this?

http://www.cbssports.com/mlb/eye-on-baseball/25360054/daniel-murphys-costly-error-up-there-with-bill-buckners-in-86

iKickDogs fucked around with this message at 08:05 on Nov 1, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

iKickDogs posted:

If the Mets get a reverse Buckner, then it's only fair that the Royals get a reverse 1985 series.

You'd expect Buckner to get brought up with the Mets in the World Series but it's crazy that two should have been game deciding errors happened on easily fieldable grounders.

• Locked thread