Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Pissflaps posted:

This happens a lot in the Scottish thread.

Papers, Please! the thread.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

Pissflaps posted:

Is this racism?

I might be memes? Is it memes or racism? I think they're basically the same apart from the number of up quarks.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Tesseraction posted:

So, no handing them out to skinheads with a Flag of St. George T-shirt, likewise tattoo and Combat 18 patch on their trou?
Funny enough this just came up on my facebook feed a couple of minutes ago.

It was a link to a vice piece about neo-nazism in Malaysia.
https://www.vice.com/en_uk/read/the-malaysian-nazis-fighting-for-a-pure-race

e:

Regarde Aduck posted:

I might be memes? Is it memes or racism? I think they're basically the same apart from the number of up quarks.
If it's the one with the puffin or the sad bear then its a superposition of both.

The Saurus
Dec 3, 2006

by Smythe
My dad is an old red skinhead who used to fight with nazi skinheads but he likes to listen to skrewdriver :shrug: maybe that's where i caught the tendency to inadvertently do a racism

Here's one of the catchy tunes he likes (no racism in song) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lkr01bWJnM4

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Guavanaut posted:

Funny enough this just came up on my facebook feed a couple of minutes ago.

It was a link to a vice piece about neo-nazism in Malaysia.
https://www.vice.com/en_uk/read/the-malaysian-nazis-fighting-for-a-pure-race

Truly a country begging for white supremacy.

Silly Hyena
May 2, 2014

Tesseraction posted:

Papers, Please! the thread.

Sort of, but it's mostly just one person going on about how the Anglo-Saxons are oppressed in Scotland by the natives?

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Ah curse those native... hmmmm.

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames

Silly Hyena posted:

Sort of, but it's mostly just one person going on about how the Anglo-Saxons are oppressed in Scotland by the natives?

I don't understand this post.

big scary monsters
Sep 2, 2011

-~Skullwave~-
I went to a wedding this weekend and NOT ONLY did my kilt get called a skirt even though it totally isn't, BUT the black pudding at breakfast was dry and subpar.

Yet more malfeasances to append to the long list of the English oppressors' crimes.

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes
the indyref threads were prone to a series of pissing contests where people tried to see which side had the largest number of Racism Points, and I say 'were' because it's been a while since that poo poo's been brought up and it would be nice if it would stay in the past tense thanks in advance

The Saurus
Dec 3, 2006

by Smythe
I read a story in the daily mail about an english couple who had to sell up and leave because of racist abuse so i think that pretty categorically proves the scots are all racist english hating wankers

why do the scots even have their own thread? this is the kind of devolution that's only going to lead to more separatism.

Silly Hyena posted:

But then again, I've actually been there.

My condolences.

Silly Hyena
May 2, 2014
Well, I'm not the one convinced that the English are being run out of Scotland by pitchfork-waving nationalists. But then again, I've actually been there.

SurrealityCheck
Sep 15, 2012
I used to love being in scotland. We would buy these 2lb white boxes of tablet in Aberfeldy then eat it all inside 3 days then die of sugar

Cerv
Sep 14, 2004

This is a silly post with little news value.

Guavanaut posted:

"Come to 80s karaoke night at the Muslim Community Resource Centre. Free tea and biscuits."

Sounds like Pissflaps had a lucky escape then

big scary monsters
Sep 2, 2011

-~Skullwave~-
That very much depends on what sort of biscuits they were.

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames

Silly Hyena posted:

Well, I'm not the one convinced that the English are being run out of Scotland by pitchfork-waving nationalists. But then again, I've actually been there.

My wife was a victim of anti-English sentiment in a Starbucks in Edinburgh.

The Saurus
Dec 3, 2006

by Smythe
Can we start calling your wife Missflaps Pissflaps?

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames

The Saurus posted:

No.

Cerv
Sep 14, 2004

big scary monsters posted:

That very much depends on what sort of biscuits they were.

No biscuit of any quality could make karaoke bearable.

Cerv
Sep 14, 2004

The Saurus posted:

Doesn't really work though does it. Miss Flaps would be unmarried. Mrs Flaps or Ms Flaps.

big scary monsters
Sep 2, 2011

-~Skullwave~-
I'd probably sit through a rendition of 99 Red Balloons for half a pack of Nice or the radio edit of Bat Out of Hell for a handful of chocolate Hobnobs, if the singer looked a bit like Meatloaf. All the chocolate fingers at Cadbury's wouldn't be enough to get me to listen to a tearful, soulfelt attempt at Total Eclipse of the Heart though.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Been chomping Monster Munch while reading latest posts.

The Saurus
Dec 3, 2006

by Smythe

Tesseraction posted:

Flavour?

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
When the night is calling
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one
When the night is calling

Tesseraction posted:

And so the wheel turns.

SurrealityCheck
Sep 15, 2012

Tesseraction posted:

Pickled onion I hope.

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

Silly Hyena posted:

Bit civic nationalist this.

Hong XiuQuan
Feb 19, 2008

"Without justice for the Palestinians there will be no peace in the Middle East."

Pissflaps posted:

Of the "gently caress off Sassanach" variety or "No, we don't serve scones" variety?

The Saurus
Dec 3, 2006

by Smythe
Depends how they pronounced Scones

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!

Pissflaps posted:

Calling bullshit because most people from Edinburgh are either English, sound English, or are cap doffing English toadying traitors.

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames

Hong XiuQuan posted:

Of the "gently caress off Sassanach" variety or "No, we don't serve scones" variety?

Closer to the former.

communism bitch
Apr 24, 2009
Lol at Saurus tryna come in here and start trolling when we got a perfectly good Pissflaps already.

Hong XiuQuan
Feb 19, 2008

"Without justice for the Palestinians there will be no peace in the Middle East."

Pissflaps posted:

Closer to the former.

Ouch. Your wife probably got a taster of the special grind. A bit like kopi luwak meets no true Sctosman.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

Oberleutnant posted:

Lol at Saurus tryna come in here and start trolling when we got a perfectly good Pissflaps already.

i lol every time someone gets into a pointless argument with pissflaps and it lasts 3 pages

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

Jose posted:

i lol every time someone gets into a pointless argument with pissflaps and it lasts 3 pages

This but when that dude who constantly posts about having him on ignore can't stop posting things he's made up to complain about him doing.

For actual content, Labour need to come out and address that video thats doing the rounds. Corbyn will live or die by social media sentiment and its not a good video clip to see without explanation.

Pesmerga
Aug 1, 2005

So nice to eat you

Jose posted:

Like dis if u cry every time

LemonDrizzle
Mar 28, 2012

neoliberal shithead

serious gaylord posted:

This but when that dude who constantly posts about having him on ignore can't stop posting things he's made up to complain about him doing.

For actual content, Labour need to come out and address that video thats doing the rounds. Corbyn will live or die by social media sentiment and its not a good video clip to see without explanation.
What video's that, the one of McDonnell swearing?

hookerbot 5000
Dec 21, 2009

LemonDrizzle posted:

What video's that, the one of McDonnell swearing?

I think this one.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/politics/Jeremy_Corbyn/11968548/Jeremy-Corbyn-questions-why-Britain-commemorates-the-First-World-War.html

It doesn't seem that contentious to me. One of the things I like about the poppy is that it has a nice and simple elegance about it. No huge cost or effort involved. People can stick some loose change into a tin to get a paper poppy and spend a minute at a certain time remembering that people died and it was horrible. Young men my kids age dying in droves somewhere scary and horrible and pointless - it should be remembered but not celebrated. Making it into a massive expensive sparkly event diminishes it somehow.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Tristram Hunt continues to be a worthless motherfucker.

SurrealityCheck posted:

Pickled onion I hope.

Nah, they were out so I went with beef. Pickled onion is the best though.

ronya
Nov 8, 2010

I'm the normal one.

You hate ridden fucks will regret your words when you eventually grow up.

Peace.
nobody cares about social media sentiment

media sentiment, on the other hand - a lot of people read the Mail

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

Tesseraction posted:

Tristram Hunt continues to be a worthless motherfucker.

Nah, they were out so I went with beef. Pickled onion is the best though.

lmao at him using the 1% to describe them

• Locked thread