Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

:synpa:
trunk or treat didn't even take off when I was loving trick or treating 20 years ago... wtf. razor blades and heroine couldn't scare away parents but the chance of meeting someone who wasn't genderfluid -> shutting that poo poo down!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

> access main security grid
access: PERMISSION DENIED.

Trick or treating is dying out sadly. :(

I think it's part daytime, organized, "safe trick or treating" at local businesses and such and part overprotective parents just saying no to the whole thing (which is hosed up considering those parents probably LOVED trick or treating as kids).

ballass
Jan 16, 2014

by XyloJW
who gives a fart :confused:

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

Kids need to run a gauntlet. gently caress making trick or treating "safe".

ballass
Jan 16, 2014

by XyloJW
uh, ya... great "dude"

Clipperton
Dec 20, 2011
Grimey Drawer
we got like 70 kids, we're in canada though idk if that makes a difference

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

honestly i got scared out of my own living room because some little poo poo followed me up my drive way and rang the door bell even though i had all my lights off because they saw me pull in.

I had no candy to hand out so i just had to ignore the door bell for 5 minutes until they left.

In my own drat house!

Meowbot
Oct 12, 2005

I havent had a plrecription for my eyes in years so the other day I went and got a new one and it hasnt changed. The doctor was like why havent you seen us in 4 years? I told them im scared of op tomietris when the air shoots into your eyes and dilation. They told me my eyes cold get worse....
0 kids came to m house or anones house near mine it seems no one trick or treats in las ve gao

ballass
Jan 16, 2014

by XyloJW

Wendigee posted:

honestly i got scared out of my own living room because some little poo poo followed me up my drive way and rang the door bell even though i had all my lights off because they saw me pull in.

I had no candy to hand out so i just had to ignore the door bell for 5 minutes until they left.

In my own drat house!

whoa, your fuckin crazy! stay under your car... post when your or "ur" safe. over and out

ballass
Jan 16, 2014

by XyloJW
wengee this is ballass. over. come in, wedgee

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

the little girl made eye contact with me and told her parents someone was home and i just had to ignore the doorbell ring until they left *weeps*

mom and dad fight a lot
Sep 21, 2006

If you count them all, this sentence has exactly seventy-two characters.

Clipperton posted:

we got like 70 kids, we're in canada though idk if that makes a difference
Answered the door ten times, saw maybe twenty kids.

Maybe halloween isn't cool anymore.

Tendai
Mar 16, 2007

"When the eagles are silent, the parrots begin to jabber."

Grimey Drawer
Now that I'm old enough to find kids on my doorstep on one night of the year dressed as popular characters cute instead of annoying, I live in a place that only has cows and coyotes.

Lolie
Jun 4, 2010

AUSGBS Thread Mum
I saw one group of about 4 kids trick or treating yesterday. Usually it's large mobs of mostly teenagers from about 3.30 pm until 8 pm. I'm guessing that it falling on a weekend meant that a lot of people chose to hold Halloween parties at home this year so kids were already busy. There were lots of Halloween parties around here, which usually isn't a thing in Australia when it falls during the week.

It's becoming a bigger thing here every year but kids just knock on doors randomly because people don't generally decorate in a way which makes it obvious they're giving out junk food.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

ncumbered_by_idgits posted:

Had about 60 kids at my house, I bet at least twenty of those didn't say a drat thing when I answered the door, just grab that candy and go. I don't care if you say thanks but at least say trick of treat.
the funniest is thing is when parents come up with their kid and tell their kid "now, what do you say?" and the kid just stands there awkwardly for like a few minutes before mumbling "trick or tweat" then the parent also has to tell them to say thanks. makes sense for some of the younger ones <3 years old, but there were so many kids like 4-8 like that and super awkward. like its one year everyone is dressed goofy as hell and you can say/do p much whatever and they still don't.

the future of somethingawful is in good hands, a huge generation of soon to be goons--jon hendren style.

anyways i probably had over 600 kids come to my apartment door, which meant walking up a flight of stairs. so there lot more on the street that didn't come up which kind of sucks but understandable. i think next year i'll set something up at the foot of the stairs instead. still ran out of candy after like 4 costco-sized bags.

i also made a mistake in letting kids pick out the candy from the bowl since they would take forever to decide. i started just throwing pieces into their bag towards the end (also running out). like mr grubby fat kid grabbing 4 butterfingers.

Xaris fucked around with this message at 07:20 on Nov 1, 2015

BigBoss
Jan 26, 2012

by Lowtax
One year a junky old van came down my street and a bunch of poor kids got out like a ghetto clown car. At first I thought it was weird, then I decided it was totally cool. If their mom cares enough to drive their kids out of the hood to the nice area to trick or treat, she's a good mom.

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

When we were teenagers our friends dad gave us singles of Alexander Keiths

Single irresponsible manchildren dads are awesome

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pimpcasso
Mar 13, 2002

VOLS BITCH
I didn't see any kids either OP but I was wasted at a bar

• Locked thread