Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

Musk threatens the inorganic promotion of left-wing ideology that had been taking place on the platform

Block me for being an unironic DeSantis fan, too!

Popy posted:

I wish i was never born in Nebraska

North Dakota sounds good.

Replacing Pelini with Riley wasn't even a lateral move. Riley won't last long if he can't beat Purdue.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thermos H Christ
Sep 6, 2007

WINNINGEST BEVO
Hahahaha I had straight up amazing day that did not allow for football and now I am even more happy about the day I had because it prevented me from watching that game and being SO miserable.

What even happened?

JesustheDarkLord
May 22, 2006

#VolsDeep
Lipstick Apathy
That's how you're supposed to beat Kentucky.

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

Musk threatens the inorganic promotion of left-wing ideology that had been taking place on the platform

Block me for being an unironic DeSantis fan, too!

Thermos H Christ posted:

What even happened?

ISU played well and UT did not show up, according to the Goon consensus.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Thermos H Christ posted:

Hahahaha I had straight up amazing day that did not allow for football and now I am even more happy about the day I had because it prevented me from watching that game and being SO miserable.

What even happened?

Your offensive playbook was basically limited to "I dunno, maybe Heard can scramble for the first down or something" and a few power run plays from the word go and Iowa State avoided catastrophe on both sides of the ball. That's basically it. Your defense wasn't even terrible, considering their youth. Offense just kept giving the ball back with good field position. I think the deepest into ISU territory they got before a meaningless last minute drive was the ISU 47.

Thermos H Christ
Sep 6, 2007

WINNINGEST BEVO

LLCoolJD posted:

ISU played well and UT did not show up, according to the Goon consensus.

Hmm I see we have been outscored 112-10 when playing at someone else's house this year and I'm no football wizard but that seems real bad

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Thermos H Christ posted:

Hmm I see we have been outscored 112-10 when playing at someone else's house this year and I'm no football wizard but that seems real bad

Looks like Patterson was right about the DKR Experience(tm)

mayodreams
Jul 4, 2003

Hello darkness,
my old friend

swickles posted:

Guess whose got two thumbs, a fiancée as of two hours ago and a team in the SECCG?

<------ This guy!

Congrats!

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel
jug jug jug jug

The best trophy in college football is back home, 45 out of 49 years.

Also, Jabrill Peppers is an incredible athlete.

AsInHowe fucked around with this message at 05:49 on Nov 1, 2015

Zippy the Bummer
Dec 14, 2008

Silent Majority
The Don
LORD COMMANDER OF THE UKRAINIAN ARMED FORCES
this is the worst husker team of my lifetime

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Zippy the Bummer posted:

Maybe you guys can't handle the real competition of the B1G West.

ur in my world now
Jun 5, 2006

Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was

Smellrose
Everyone lamenting their bad teams should remember that they have likely scored a TD in the last month, making them better than the Mizzou Tigers.

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

Bip Roberts posted:

Maybe you guys can't handle the real competition of the B1G West.

Combined conference record of the three recent Big Ten additions: 2-12.

Ghost of Reagan Past
Oct 7, 2003

rock and roll fun
Holy gently caress Miami

Holy gently caress Iowa State

Sad for Temple

Houston. Whose house???

Lol Huskers you schmucks

There, that's my take.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.

tranime scholar posted:

Everyone lamenting their bad teams should remember that they have likely scored a TD in the last month, making them better than the Mizzou Tigers.

I think Kansas has only had two, honestly. Maybe three.

Thermos H Christ posted:

Same.

The Twinkie Czar
Dec 31, 2004
I went for super stud.

pfunkdaddy posted:

Idaho is bad. Forever alone bad

NMSU is historically bad. But today Idaho was worse.

VDay
Jul 2, 2003

I'm Pacman Jones!
So UCLA barely beat Colorado today, which I mostly mention because it was one of the weirdest games I've ever seen us win. Like just look at these team stats and try to figure out how we won: http://espn.go.com/college-football/matchup?gameId=400757064

1st Downs
Colo: 34
UCLA: 16

Plays Ran
Colo: 114
UCLA: 59

Total Yards
Colo: 554
UCLA: 400

Time of Possession
Colo: 41:05
UCLA: 18:55

At one point we had run one (1) offensive play over a nineteen minute stretch. It was loving bizarre. Luckily we're super deep at every position and can handle having our guys out there in 100 degree heat for over a quarter without problems.

Just kidding, like 6 starters got injured/banged up which brings our total injury count for the year to approximately literally everyone on the team. We burned a freshman's red shirt at one point because we were running out of bodies and he proceeded to get hurt like two drives later. Two more O-linemen and yet another linebacker got injured. The game-clinching interception was by a freshman safety who was playing corner. Even if we manage to get through Oregon State and WSU with wins, Utah is going to run us the hell over when we play them in 3 weeks. On the plus side I think if I apply to grad school real quick there's a decent chance I can walk onto the team and play in the SC game since at this rate we'll be down to like 30 guys by that point.

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide

JesustheDarkLord posted:

That's how you're supposed to beat Kentucky.

congrats on still being in contention for the Birmingham Bowl

Dilber
Mar 27, 2007

TFLC
(Trophy Feline Lifting Crew)

gently caress Duke.

Go Canes!

even if it was a makeup for ridiculous PI calls which didn't exist and should have ended the game before.

Christe Eleison
Feb 1, 2010

I was at that UCLA game. Colorado's offense is pretty boring and got 0s or 3s more often than they got 6s.

Kind of a funny sport; you can dominate but not crossing the goal line often enough is ultimately what matters.

UCLA fans were getting pretty annoyed with the team near the end, and if UCLA hadn't gotten away with a bit of pushing on their last scoring drive, the whole thing might have been different.

Dr_Strangelove
Dec 16, 2003

Mein Fuhrer! THEY WON!

Zippy the Bummer posted:

I spent junior high and high school in the Omaha suburbs, along with a horde of other USAF brats. My friends back there are going utterly batshit right now.

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

I wish we had Minnesota's QB. Dude was a stud today.

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

AsInHowe posted:

Combined conference record of the three recent Big Ten additions: 2-12.

Yeah, but full disclosure, that was Maryland and Rutgers beating Michigan last year.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Neodoomium posted:

I wish we had Minnesota's QB. Dude was a stud today.

leidner is, with the exception of clayton thorson, the shittiest quarterback i've seen

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

R.D. Mangles posted:

leidner is, with the exception of clayton thorson, the shittiest quarterback i've seen

Jake Rudock

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

:cry::cry:
tell me how vgk aren't playing like shit again
:cry::cry:
p.s. help my grapes are so sour!
Water is wet and UNLV is bad

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

C O U G ' D I T

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
wazzu loving sucks

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
The world is ugly and everything hurts cougs

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

All those potential upsets today and the only real one we got was Miami over Duke.

The football gods have turned on us, and have become wrathful.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
Glad I got my yearly reminder to never get invested in anything.

Idiot Kicker
Jun 13, 2007
And now you guys still have to live in Pullman. drat WSU is depressing :(

ur in my world now
Jun 5, 2006

Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was

Smellrose
College football can be over now. I am tired of it.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

We put our faiths in the Memphis Tigers

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Cougs, Cougs never change.

Nice to see Washington actually handle a wounded opponent without much trouble. Bowl eligibility still looks iffy but if we take care of OSU and split between ASU/Wazzu we'll be in.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Neodoomium posted:

All those potential upsets today and the only real one we got was Miami over Duke.

The football gods have turned on us, and have become wrathful.

I don't disagree, but ISU over UT was fun by virtue of also being a shutout of an offense that had totally turned a corner and found a new VY for real you guys.

Cole
Nov 24, 2004

DUNSON'D
Sometimes you gotta put lipstick on a pig and sometimes you gotta roll with it

Go a gata

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

The Heroes the Vikings Deserve
Lipstick Apathy

R.D. Mangles posted:

Yea, Leidner is...not good. he's a huge loving dude that can run the ball and sometimes, maybe pass it.

Quandary
Jan 29, 2008
Temple and WSU gave me some big ole blue balls today. Sad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
Said this before but don't care.

American Collegiate Football is the greatest sport ever conceived by mankind.

Every week is somehow completely Bonkers.

Let the rest of the world have their dumb games and ties and other dumb poo poo.

We exist upon the zenith that is Sport.

• Locked thread