Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
I went to the UW game. What a loving blowout. Then the Cougs coug'd it. All is right in the state of Washington.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Coco13
Jun 6, 2004

My advice to you is to start drinking heavily.
A shallow vision of hell is being around people that you can't explain what happened at the end of Michigan - Minnesota.

why you hate the end of Michigan - Minnesota

congrats swickles!

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
San Diego State is 6-3. 5-0 in conference play for the first time as a D1 school.

Donnell Pumphrey passed Larry Ned for 2nd all time in career rushing yards. 1,000 yards to go to pass Marshall Faulk.

Aztecs are the kings of the MWC right now and I look forward to boatracing Utah State again or beating down Boise in the MWC Title Game.

gently caress yeah football.

RumbleFish
Dec 20, 2007

Yay, moral victory! I can't believe a much worse team than the 2014 squad managed to actually hang with A&M and on the road to boot.

I didn't enjoy seeing UT take UK out behind the woodshed, however. Knoxville is a house of horrors for us and I imagine next week will be quite painful.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Spiritus Nox posted:

Your offensive playbook was basically limited to "I dunno, maybe Heard can scramble for the first down or something" and a few power run plays from the word go and Iowa State avoided catastrophe on both sides of the ball. That's basically it. Your defense wasn't even terrible, considering their youth. Offense just kept giving the ball back with good field position. I think the deepest into ISU territory they got before a meaningless last minute drive was the ISU 47.

Did we not mix it up? We stuck to the base offense for an annoyingly long time last week, doing like 2.5 quarters of nothing before finally finding some success near the end of the game with Heard throwing downfield and Swoopes in the wildcat. It sucks watching them fail at the same thing over and over again; I'm glad I missed 4 quarters of it.

Chump Farts
May 9, 2009

There is no Coordinator but Narduzzi, and Shilique is his Prophet.
all of msu's opponents except Rutgers won today, looks like we aren't so bad after all!

(gonna come down to the 4th quarter against Nebraska don't worry)

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

swickles posted:

Guess whose got two thumbs, a fiancée as of two hours ago and a team in the SECCG?

<------ This guy!

This except I did mine on the bye week like a proper fan

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

The Suffering of the Succotash.

Ross Angeles posted:

San Diego State is 6-3. 5-0 in conference play for the first time as a D1 school.

Donnell Pumphrey passed Larry Ned for 2nd all time in career rushing yards. 1,000 yards to go to pass Marshall Faulk.

Aztecs are the kings of the MWC right now and I look forward to boatracing Utah State again or beating down Boise in the MWC Title Game.

gently caress yeah football.

And it looks like you guys probably won't have to face ULL in the New Orleans bowl this year!

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

vyst posted:

This except I did mine on the bye week like a proper fan

I got married on a college football saturday and was rewarded by UF crushing South Carolina 44-11 with a limpdick offense.

Sidebar: I can't believe UF is actually good this year. Mac is slam-dunk coach of the year already. Goddamn. This team was completely lifeless 11months ago, and he's impressively managed to pick up the pieces.

LeeMajors fucked around with this message at 14:12 on Nov 1, 2015

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

Neodoomium posted:

Yeah, but full disclosure, that was Maryland and Rutgers beating Michigan last year.

Actually, that is just 2015. At one point, 10 of 14 Big Ten teams received votes in one of the polls, all ten were the traditional Big Ten.

DuckHuntDog
May 13, 2004

PostNouveau posted:

Did we not mix it up? We stuck to the base offense for an annoyingly long time last week, doing like 2.5 quarters of nothing before finally finding some success near the end of the game with Heard throwing downfield and Swoopes in the wildcat. It sucks watching them fail at the same thing over and over again; I'm glad I missed 4 quarters of it.

They didn't really try anything different on offense until the 4th quarter and brought Swoopes out for a drive, but it didn't even lead to a first down so I stopped watching. It was a painful number of three and outs considering the long drives ISU sustained. I am ready for our season to be over at this point, even if the rest of college football has been fun to watch.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

AsInHowe posted:

Actually, that is just 2015. At one point, 10 of 14 Big Ten teams received votes in one of the polls, all ten were the traditional Big Ten.

Pff. Michigan State will never be traditional Big Ten. In other news Chicago beat Sewanee 31-0 yesterday.

Daric
Dec 23, 2007

Shawn:
Do you really want to know my process?

Lassiter:
Absolutely.

Shawn:
Well it starts with a holla! and ends with a Creamsicle.
All of you people pulling for Memphis, how about y'all send some love Houston's way too. We just poo poo on an SEC* team last night.

*Vanderbilt

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Temple :smith:

You played very well :unsmith:

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

DOOP posted:

Temple :unsmith:

You played very well :smith:

No they clearly loving didn't.

JonathonSpectre
Jul 23, 2003

I replaced the Shermatar and text with this because I don't wanna see racial slurs every time you post what the fuck

Soiled Meat

LeeMajors posted:

I got married on a college football saturday and was rewarded by UF crushing South Carolina 44-11 with a limpdick offense.

Sidebar: I can't believe UF is actually good this year. Mac is slam-dunk coach of the year already. Goddamn. This team was completely lifeless 11months ago, and he's impressively managed to pick up the pieces.

Remember last year when the big lotto was "Who will get Will Muschamp to train up their IRON STRONG DEFENSE?!?!"

Could that guy's stock fall any farther? A new dude comes in and takes the sleepwalking team Muschamp left and wins the division and the team he goes to just flops to the ground like a loving spine-busted animal.

FSU-UF this year will be interesting. Right now I'd give the edge to the Gators because of home field and your OMG ferocious as gently caress defense.

Cole
Nov 24, 2004

DUNSON'D
I guess Miami shouldn't have won in hilarious fashion?

JonathonSpectre posted:

your OMG ferocious as gently caress defense.

It owns doesn't it

I know it was a beaten up UGA team but that was one of the best defensive games I've ever seen.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice
11 unbeatens left, 19 teams that seem to control their own destiny for a playoff spot.

ACC: Clemson (8-0), Florida State (7-1), North Carolina (7-1),
Big XII: TCU (8-0), Baylor (7-0), Oklahoma State (8-0), Oklahoma (7-1)
Big Ten: Ohio State (8-0), Michigan State (8-0), Iowa (8-0)
Pac-12: Utah (7-1), Stanford (7-1)
SEC: LSU (7-0), Alabama (7-1), Florida (7-1)
Other: Houston (8-0), Memphis (8-0), Toledo (7-0), Notre Dame (7-1)

A couple games between them this coming weekend.
Florida State @ Clemson
TCU @ Oklahoma State
LSU @ Alabama

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

Fire Shotty. Preferably in to the sun.

Pimpcasso
Mar 13, 2002

VOLS BITCH

LeeMajors posted:

I got married on a college football saturday

Look at this scrub tier move, I would expect no less from a Florida fan.

Just kidding. Good game vols. Bring back the beer barrel.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.
Oh, no wonder everyone was making fun of me for wanting Mangino back, he got fired before the game.

So my earlier position is vindicated!

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Thoguh posted:

11 unbeatens left, 19 teams that seem to control their own destiny for a playoff spot.

ACC: Clemson (8-0), Florida State (7-1), North Carolina (7-1),
Big XII: TCU (8-0), Baylor (7-0), Oklahoma State (8-0), Oklahoma (7-1)
Big Ten: Ohio State (8-0), Michigan State (8-0), Iowa (8-0)
Pac-12: Utah (7-1), Stanford (7-1)
SEC: LSU (7-0), Alabama (7-1), Florida (7-1)
Other: Houston (8-0), Memphis (8-0), Toledo (7-0), Notre Dame (7-1)

A couple games between them this coming weekend.
Florida State @ Clemson
TCU @ Oklahoma State
LSU @ Alabama

Is Iowa State the only team that has lost to all but one undefeated team (Texas Tech)? Iowa, TCU, Baylor, Toledo are all undefeated and have beat Iowa.

wtftastic
Jul 24, 2006

"In private, we will be mercifully free from the opinions of imbeciles and fools."

bvlah posted:

A slow wet fart on the field for GT after that incredible game last week. You got beat by officially the worst team in the coastal, FSU.

I'm almost not sure if I should be happy if we won that or sad.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

Jastiger posted:

Is Iowa State the only team that has lost to all but one undefeated team (Texas Tech)? Iowa, TCU, Baylor, Toledo are all undefeated and have beat Iowa.

Texas Tech has only lost to undefeated teams. 4 of ISU's 5 losses are to undefeated teams and the 5th is to Tech.

Edit: I forgot Tech lost to Oklahoma. So that was a lie.

Thoguh fucked around with this message at 15:58 on Nov 1, 2015

Pimpcasso
Mar 13, 2002

VOLS BITCH

Jastiger posted:

Don't worry friend. Oklahoma and Oklahoma State will each give you a loss to a team without a perfect record.

edit - Never mind OSU hasn't lost either :eyepop:

Quandary
Jan 29, 2008

Daedra posted:

Don't worry friend. Oklahoma and Oklahoma State will each give you a loss to a team without a perfect record.

edit - Never mind OSU hasn't lost either :eyepop:

And Oklahoma is only 1 loss. While it's not perfect by the rules of the game, having like 6 or 7 losses to only undefeated of 1 loss teams is pretty nuts

Qwijib0
Apr 10, 2007

Who needs on-field skills when you can dance like this?

Fun Shoe
Arizona needs byes next year.

anne frank fanfic
Oct 31, 2005
I don't get the miami-duke game cause they threw the flag and then reviewed it then took away the obvious block in the back, hope they do that with all Baylor calls from now on since every special teams play is just an auto block in back call on baylor we might as well give them the ball + 15 yards every time + we have the worst special teams or nonexistent special teams coaching of all time and a poo poo defense and gary patterson is a dumb bitch baby who's already asking all the other coaches if they think he can beat baylor this year lol and we have the shittiest defense and special teams and no qb and hes still worrying about beating us when we'll probably lose every game with our freshman quarterback and terrible away games and unclutchness (champs 2016)

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

Congrats Thoguh, I was thinking about how happy you probably were/ are when watching this abortion go down.

Also grats to Swickles for many reasons. Yall's guy should get coach of the year, no question now.

Spiritus Nox posted:

I don't disagree, but ISU over UT was fun by virtue of also being a shutout of an offense that had totally turned a corner and found a new VY for real you guys.

Maybe Strong will take a page from Briles and invite some guys to Austin next year while looking the other way about whatever assaults they committed at another school.

Quandary
Jan 29, 2008
Oklahoma went an entire game without punting yesterday for the first time in Bob Stoop's tenure, and has only punted once over the past two weeks. Tech and Kansas defense real bad.

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Someday coach Im going to throw for 6 TDs in the Super Bowl.

Sit your ass down Steve.
I wonder if MGoBlog will write as many words about the refs last night after a couple of their guys were allowed to line up offsides on the last play.

anne frank fanfic
Oct 31, 2005

That Works posted:

Congrats Thoguh, I was thinking about how happy you probably were/ are when watching this abortion go down.

Also grats to Swickles for many reasons. Yall's guy should get coach of the year, no question now.

Maybe Strong will take a page from Briles and invite some guys to Austin next year while looking the other way about whatever assaults they committed at another school.

Rapists are our best athletes - when people integrated blacks into their sports teams it was considered an achievement for human rights, when Baylor allows our All Rape and All Murder team to play they're considered uncouth??

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide

LeeMajors posted:

They're going to give it to Harbaugh for winning about the same amount of games that Brady Hoke averaged

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

anne frank fanfic posted:

Rapists are our best athletes - when people integrated blacks into their sports teams it was considered an achievement for human rights, when Baylor allows our All Rape and All Murder team to play they're considered uncouth??

Never stop posting :unsmith:

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide
A little thought I had: Florida didn't just beat Georgia, they looked like they had more talent on both sides of the ball. After four years of Muschamp, with the roster gutted in the offseason. And with both offenses having their star player hurt.
Fire Mark Richt before it gets worse, because every other team in the division is actually improving (except Mizzou, maybe USC) and Georgia is decidedly not.

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

Raku posted:

A little thought I had: Florida didn't just beat Georgia, they looked like they had more talent on both sides of the ball. After four years of Muschamp, with the roster gutted in the offseason. And with both offenses having their star player hurt.
Fire Mark Richt before it gets worse, because every other team in the division is actually improving (except Mizzou, maybe USC) and Georgia is decidedly not.

I dunno how he tricks 5* QBs to waste their careers at UGA every cycle, but they do.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

Raku posted:

Considering we had 6 healthy OL in the spring, our line play is astonishing.

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails

Rad Valtar posted:

I wonder if MGoBlog will write as many words about the refs last night after a couple of their guys were allowed to line up offsides on the last play.

MSU players lining up offside on the punt was the only thing they didn't whine about last time, so I doubt it. The officiating in the MSU/Michigan game was some of the worst of all time. I don't blame you at all for thinking that's funny and Michigan deserved it (I sure would if it happened to Ohio State) but it was pretty glaringly obvious.

Real Name Grover
Feb 13, 2002

Like corn on the cob
Fan of Britches

Zippy the Bummer posted:

this is the worst husker team of my lifetime

I just tried to construct a post comparing this team to 2007 but it's not worth the effort.

I dunno anymore. It'll be at least somewhat interesting to see how the team handles a top-5 opponent in primetime. If they just keel over and take it, I think that may be the end of Shawn Eichorst.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Someday coach Im going to throw for 6 TDs in the Super Bowl.

Sit your ass down Steve.

Marquis de Pyro posted:

MSU players lining up offside on the punt was the only thing they didn't whine about last time, so I doubt it. The officiating in the MSU/Michigan game was some of the worst of all time. I don't blame you at all for thinking that's funny and Michigan deserved it (I sure would if it happened to Ohio State) but it was pretty glaringly obvious.

Oh I just like poking fun at them because they are hilariously bad at times. Minnesota lost that game with their completely inept management at the end.

• Locked thread