Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Siochain
May 24, 2005

"can they get rid of any humans who are fans of shitheads like Kanye West, 50 Cent, or any other piece of crap "artist" who thinks they're all that?

And also get rid of anyone who has posted retarded shit on the internet."

14 INCH DICK posted:

It cracks me up I finally get the chance to post my how to have a good day manifesto just before the thread dies in a spot nobody will ever notice :allears:

I read it, I loved it, I will read it again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Siochain
May 24, 2005

"can they get rid of any humans who are fans of shitheads like Kanye West, 50 Cent, or any other piece of crap "artist" who thinks they're all that?

88h88 posted:

If you're ever in the midlands in the UK I can whole heartedly recommend the small chain of Kayal restaurants for Indian food. It's Southern Indian, right on the coast so lots of seafood and it's all loving beautiful. Every single thing we ordered was just so delicious.

Quoted for truth. South Indian cuisine is on a whole different level. My current favorite restaurant is a great south-indian joint in Ottawa that have a coriander shrimp dish that is...inexplicably amazing. I can't describe it other than "love on your tongue". Mmmmmm.

Siochain
May 24, 2005

Listen, guys, horses are like cars. You just don't get "the scene"

STANCE NATION

#HELLAFLUSH

Siochain
May 24, 2005

Pham Nuwen posted:

Student loans fully paid off, it's been 5 years since I left school. Feelin' good, that's just extra money in my pocket every month now. Next up: my wife's loans and her car. Car comes last because it's got the lowest interest rate.

Congrats! Paying off my student loans was loving incredible. Now I've replaced them with other payments, but, at least they're gone. I think the wife and I are going to crunch for a year and get the one car payment off, then work on the other. Onterrible's used car market sucks, so we had to go well over budget to get anything that wasn't already rusted to hell.

Siochain
May 24, 2005

Pham Nuwen posted:

If you're carrying any CC balance at all month-to-month, you're throwing money down the drain. I'd prioritize paying that off over pretty much anything, because those interest rates will wreck you. Did you read the BFC Girl thread? (http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3722319) She was carrying around something like $5,000 of CC debt with $15000 savings in the bank, and the #1 rule of that thread is NEVER DO ANYTHING SHE DOES

I've only ever carried a card balance one month (because I'd just moved and spent everything I had and didn't have my first paycheck yet) so I'm not super informed about consolidating debt, but I think bank debt consolidation is pretty legit. Maybe check with a local credit union? They seem to generally be less bloodthirsty than say Bank of America.

This is truth. I've carried balances from time to time (pay-period timing after having to make a major purchase, etc), along with being young, dumb, and really dumb, and having a huge CC debt that I could ~just~ afford the minimums on. Don't do that. Pay them off ASAP.

Siochain
May 24, 2005

Geoj posted:

You might try putting the jackstands on some large concrete pavers instead of plywood - maybe dig out a recess in the grass/dirt for the paver to sit in so it's at ground level?

Yep, could do this in a pinch. Dig a small recess, put some gravel in and tamp it, then paver it. Its not perfect, but it should be a sight better than grass.

Or just build a garage.

Siochain
May 24, 2005

BloodBag posted:

You unemployed bitches are talking about the ending and I'm sitting here looking at a game I :airquote:installed:airquote: from my DVD drive working on a 24GB update download. :byodood: what the sweet feathery jesus did just install then?

e:welp, guess I'll just keep playing skyrim like I have been for the last four years (11/11/11, Never Forget :911:)

Well, considering DVD's don't hold much, you installed very little hahah. Its honestly shocking how huge games are currently. I'm glad I pre-loaded FO4 (I only bought it after the early-reviews came out), because man 30-some-gigs takes a while on my Canuckistan "high-speed"

Siochain
May 24, 2005

BloodBag posted:

I installed like 5 GB and now it's downloading the remaining 19GB. I'm looking at the minimum specs and I'm now officially worried. I remember when counter-strike first came out and I played it on my intel i810 integrated graphics and it would *barely* work. I have the feeling this is going to be the same setup. Minimum processor: i5 2300 (have 2500), minimum graphics: gtx 550Ti 2GB (have 560), ram: 8GB (have 16GB)

I bet this will be just like when I tried to install server 2003 from when I went to college on my old 1900 poweredge server: support dropped 6 months ago, buy another OS. :ughh:

Exactly what my old roomates using. Apparently runs alright on medium. Video card would likely be a good upgrade if/when $$$ allows.

Siochain
May 24, 2005

some texas redneck posted:

In 15 years, my stepdad has only been called once, and it was after an injury at work. They claim the right to perform random drug tests.

This here in a lot of cases. They don't care until something goes wrong, then your "drug problem" caused it, and they "sadly" let you go.

Siochain
May 24, 2005

thebigcow posted:

Does anyone use a magnetic block heater? My dad has a bunch of equipment with no/not working block heaters and I've had my eye on this guy for a while.

Last year we had a torpedo heater sitting on a stack of empty five gallon hydraulic fluid pails pointed at an open engine bay to get something started.

How cold does it get where you are? I know people who use those for their lawn tractors/etc. that they plow with up here, and apparently they're okay to about -20C, but below that, they just don't seem to cut it. Not sure of the exact models, etc, but they do work, maybe just not extremely well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Siochain
May 24, 2005

corn in the fridge posted:

Lol wtf how did you not see that coming and hit the brakes in time? Looks like you hit him deliberately tbh

Lol. gently caress off. Could STR have avoided it? Maybe. Is it entirely 100% the other guys fault? Yep. Go back to the fridge.

• Locked thread