Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Defenestration
Aug 10, 2006

"It wasn't my fault that my first unconscious thought turned out to be-"
"Jesus, kid, what?"
"That something smelled delicious!"

Grimey Drawer

Shifty Pony posted:

I think some are coming now. A friend's church is currently doing a donation drive to completely outfit a house for a family of refugees they have been working to get into the US.

I'm giving them a Cuisinart.

American dream right here

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Defenestration
Aug 10, 2006

"Jesus, kid, what?"

Grimey Drawer

:bravo:

Defenestration
Aug 10, 2006

"Jesus, kid, what?"

Grimey Drawer

Ron Jeremy posted:

By and by, lord, by and by.
:worship:

Joementum posted:

Yup, it's most likely to be whomever has a breakout performance at the next debate.

Unless Carson has a good debate performance (spoiler: :lol:)
Another debate already? Wow this is a punishing schedule on my liver

February is the cruellest month
4.8 February 6, 2016 – New Hampshire
4.9 February 13, 2016 – South Carolina
4.10 February 26, 2016 – Houston, Texas

Defenestration
Aug 10, 2006

"Jesus, kid, what?"

Grimey Drawer
holy gently caress I thought we made the chat thread specifically to talk about food.

I'd say I'd rather go back to discussing whether college students are whiny entitled brats for wanting to be able to say that they don't feel safe on campus or white male concern trolls are the last bastion of free speech thereon but I have a feeling it's all part of the same thing

Defenestration
Aug 10, 2006

"Jesus, kid, what?"

Grimey Drawer

winterwerefox posted:

Trump goes on a 95 minute rant about Carson being a retarded rage monkey pedophile and Iowa being full of idiots and we go on a 5 page derail about bacon :psyduck:

is there a transcript yet?

Defenestration
Aug 10, 2006

"Jesus, kid, what?"

Grimey Drawer

Hollismason posted:

God drat imagine Ben Carson, Donald Trump, Sarah Palin, and Michelle Bachmann all on the same stage in a Debate.
I'm imagining one of those dada plays where people run around saying random words and acting like chickens.

Defenestration
Aug 10, 2006

"Jesus, kid, what?"

Grimey Drawer

Joementum posted:

In the primary thread we were discussing what post Alex Jones would have in a Trump administration. I said head of the FDA, but Press Secretary and DCIA were also strong suggestions.
I like this press secretary idea

If I will not be governed, I will be entertained

Defenestration
Aug 10, 2006

"Jesus, kid, what?"

Grimey Drawer

Shifty Pony posted:

more like "Owning property is such a great investment! Look at how much rent we can charge! Its so much we can afford to buy this other place cash with no conditions! You should buy! What do you mean you can't save up enough because of rent? Get a loan! What do you mean you keep getting outbid in cash? loving millennials..."
My landlords bought this triple decker in the 1980s. His company had a perk where if you bought a house within a year of moving to town, they would pay the closing costs. Can you imagine any employer doing that now?

Now most homes here are in the 800k-1mil range. Even the crappiest dump far from public transit is 450k. Prices are skyrocketing everywhere, especially along the proposed green line extension, which won't be finished until 2018 if at all. Everything being built is luxury condos, even though existing developments are only 30% rented.

I'm not going to move to some shitbird suburb just so busybodies will think I'm an adult.

Meanwhile, the Brooklyn Museum hosted a Real Estate Developers' conference, which was heavily protested. As well they should. Museum has no business sheltering the vultures who push out local artists with their speculation and gentrification.

http://gothamist.com/2015/11/17/brooklyn_museum_real_estate.php

Defenestration
Aug 10, 2006

"Jesus, kid, what?"

Grimey Drawer

Hollismason posted:

I'll have to go with Marc " It's your job to break the law if it's a sin" Rubio.
naw no one that fanatical is listening to a word a rino like Rubio says

Carson or Cruz

Trump inspires violence but he's too secular

Defenestration
Aug 10, 2006

"Jesus, kid, what?"

Grimey Drawer
God Vox sure are some smug devil's advocate motherfuckers aren't they?

Defenestration
Aug 10, 2006

"Jesus, kid, what?"

Grimey Drawer

Internet Webguy posted:

It's mostly just that one reporter but they did hire him so they aren't completely absolved.
I'm still pissed about his "why do we even need publishing companies anymore? editorial is a total waste of space" article.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Defenestration
Aug 10, 2006

"Jesus, kid, what?"

Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/daniecal/status/670815698491346944

DarkSkintDostoyevsky
‏@daniecal
"A gentle loner who occasionally unleashed violent acts on women and neighbors he knew"??? But...

Alon Altman ‏@epsalon 10h10 hours ago
@daniecal @justkelly_ok Our society normalized violence towards women so much that you can be violent toward women and still be a gentleman.

• Locked thread