Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster

Epic High Five posted:

Republican Governor Mike Pence says not giving food to the unemployed will 'ennoble' them

"It's been working, so it's time to burn it down"

I love my lovely state, hopefully the enormous backlash he's been getting for gutting education and the lasting black eye the whole stupid religious freedom bill caused are enough to get him turfed out

edit - at least he's not Walker

Indiana I-80 has the worst rest areas in the country. They are worse than Texas. Indiana, fix your poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster

Fried Chicken posted:

Reminder that we've had a serial killer stalking our rest areas for decades and welp no one gives a poo poo, best get back to having the staties squeeze the black and browns in south Marion county on fines and fees so you don't have to raise taxes.

At least 1, I should say, since we are home to the most of the I 70 killer's victims as well, so that bastard may well be here too.

It's good to remember that, in addition to all other failures nutritional, sanitary, and architectural, Indiana rest areas are also the inspiration for a Homicide: Life on the Street two-parter.

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster

CannonFodder posted:

The Indiana Turnpike debacle should be a warning to everyone about the failure of modern "Public Private Partnerships".

For reference for the rest of the thread, Texas also does Public Private Partnerships to the extent that both toilets and mirrors in a Texas interstate rest area are made out of the same brushed metal found in prison cells.

Indiana's I-80 turnpike manages to somehow be worse.

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster

Mojo Threepwood posted:

40% of all upcoming book signings at Costcos nationwide are Dr. Ben Carson: http://m.costco.com/author-signings.html

"Yeah let's let this board member politicize our company during election silly season when our market position rests mostly on the kind of soft liberal support Target gets for being Not-Walmart."

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster

Radish posted:

I don't really follow midwest politics since Walker depressed the hell out of me but other than Minnesota is that entire region just trying to become a gutted out wasteland or are there any places not trying to conservative themselves to death?

Iowa isn't completely hosed yet because no one can effectively gerrymander here, but it's headed that way with Joni Earnst taking Harkin's seat. Current governor is a 90s Republican so he's lovely but, comparatively, in an Iowa nice kind of way.

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster

Epic High Five posted:

While the discussion has been an interesting one, I must confess that my assertion that Missouri is part of the deep south was erroneous. I consider it a southern state despite how northerly it is because of traditional boundaries, and also because it's like Florida Man Lite as far as news coverage goes. It's definitely not deep south though.

Missouri is southern.

But south of I-70? Deep south.

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster
Why?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster
See: the quickening. This "begins at conception" bullshit is new and weird and I have no idea how it proliferated global religious beliefs so god damned quickly.

• Locked thread