Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
sexy fucking muskrat
Aug 22, 2010

by exmarx

I still can't believe people seriously called Paul D. Ryan a "champion for women" or whatever because he wanted to spend time with his family, i.e. not do the lovely parts of being Speaker. He's no better than the rest of the GOP, and can you seriously imagine what would happen if Nancy Pelosi said she wasn't gonna do all of the Speaker responsibilities because she wanted to be with her family?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sexy fucking muskrat
Aug 22, 2010

by exmarx
Dave Weigel posted the letter that was drafted at the meeting and will be sent to networks (but not Fox!)

A couple of interesting things is that they don't want inter-candidate questioning or reaction shots of the crowd/moderators. They also want debate halls be kept below 67 degrees, presumably so Rubio doesn't sweat through his shirt

sexy fucking muskrat fucked around with this message at 05:26 on Nov 2, 2015

sexy fucking muskrat
Aug 22, 2010

by exmarx

foobardog posted:

Instead, the party is imploding to a regional rump party, rather than using people's short memories to suggest that they've always been at war with Eastasia.

I choose to believe that this isn't a typo :butt:

sexy fucking muskrat
Aug 22, 2010

by exmarx
:doh: Well, you learn something new every day

sexy fucking muskrat
Aug 22, 2010

by exmarx
At a Q&A in New Hampshire today, Rubio was asked, "Who would you like to have a beer with who is not a politician?” His answer?

Malala Yousafzai, Nobel Peace Prize winner, and noted Muslim teenager :lol:

sexy fucking muskrat
Aug 22, 2010

by exmarx

Dapper_Swindler posted:

its dumb on a few levels, but at least his heart maybe in the right place. she is an actual hero and admirable person. but at least he is sorta of trying and i assume those mistakes were not intentional.

Oh no doubt, the sentiment is good, it's just a boneheaded answer that he clearly didn't think through.

In other news, Jeb! spoke with some middle schoolers today, how did that go?

quote:

Another boy asked whether Bush would govern similarly to his brother, President George W. Bush.

“You got brothers? You got sisters? Are you the same as them?” he asked back.

“No.”

“I rest my case!” he said with a smile and a shrug.

:stare: Jeb! can't even keep his cool around actual children, no wonder he's floundering

sexy fucking muskrat fucked around with this message at 21:06 on Nov 4, 2015

sexy fucking muskrat
Aug 22, 2010

by exmarx
Where's the longform stabbing certificate, Ben? Why are you hiding it from us?

e: seriously, that story is ridiculous. "And then I found 5 dollars" is a joke way to end a story, not a message of hope and inspiration

sexy fucking muskrat
Aug 22, 2010

by exmarx

DaveWoo posted:

I can think of worse Christmas songs.

~Siiiimply haaaaving a wonderful Christmastime~

You're both wrong. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GJcPVB-we7g

sexy fucking muskrat
Aug 22, 2010

by exmarx

Combed Thunderclap posted:

He kind of has a Lex Luthor look without the hair.

Now I really want Dean Norris to play Trump in Game Change 2016

sexy fucking muskrat
Aug 22, 2010

by exmarx

Basically, this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HMqZ2PPOLik

Interestingly, I found this Atlantic article about Ben Carson's plan to crack down on liberal PC college professors, and I was surprised to see it was also written by Friedersdorf. Doesn't seem like it really caught on like his other ones did, I guess we'll never know why :shrug:

sexy fucking muskrat
Aug 22, 2010

by exmarx
Well, it's not quite physical violence, but someone photoshopped a selfie by a Canadian Sikh guy to make him look like a terrorist and tricked multiple international news agencies into claiming he committed the Paris attacks. The icing on the cake is that this was done by a GamerGater! :suicide:

sexy fucking muskrat
Aug 22, 2010

by exmarx

Mitt Romney posted:

Edit: This is how CNN is phrasing it: "Rubio: Focus on national security 'positive development'"

Bullfrog posted:

On twitter, CBS headlined the video of the man being assaulted at the Trump rally as "Fight breaks out between black lives matter protester and trump supporters" :rolleyes:

Your liberal media at work, folks.

sexy fucking muskrat
Aug 22, 2010

by exmarx

Dr Pepper posted:

Wait is that phrase secretly racist?

Depends on how you look at it. The phrase "call a spade a spade" was a mistranslation from an old Greek phrase, but specifically "spade" became a coded term for a black person in the 1920s.

efb

sexy fucking muskrat
Aug 22, 2010

by exmarx

Dr. Tough posted:

I'm almost afraid to know what the story behind this is

http://www.snopes.com/language/offense/picnic.asp

sexy fucking muskrat
Aug 22, 2010

by exmarx

Mr Hootington posted:

Who says this?

My guess is people on Freep. Or do they still call them "Amish"?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sexy fucking muskrat
Aug 22, 2010

by exmarx

I think this may be the report you're looking for.

• Locked thread