Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ringo Star Get
Sep 18, 2006

JUST FUCKING TAKE OFF ALREADY, SHIT

Jimbone Tallshanks posted:

Why use an Altoids tin when you can use a high-quality EDC tin?

Someone needs to tell Altoids this so they can make some EDC candy and recoup some of that market.

Also LOL for paying 40 bucks for one of those. You know people bought it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

DUNK A DILL PICKLE REALDO
i too always carry emergency breath mints, bc i don't kno when i will have to cower under the obliterating gaze of a Beautiful Woman

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

look at all these idiots doing everyday carry of cash, lol, what loving retards

ya, right about when the entire credit economy collapses that cash is gonna be worth its weight in gold you cretin

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

o wait lol even gold won't be worth anything w/o some kind of trade networks to standardize commodity exchange, so i hope you're carrying a hundred cans of beans w actual post apocalyptic value

"no i have those stashed somewhere special" he says w a gleam in his eye

wiffle ball bat
Oct 2, 2015

by Shine
i keep weed in an altoids tin and i carry it every day

also a 4 inch fixed blade

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

nomadologique posted:

o wait lol even gold won't be worth anything w/o some kind of trade networks to standardize commodity exchange, so i hope you're carrying a hundred cans of beans w actual post apocalyptic value

this is why I exchange all my fiat bs dollars for 22lr, currency of the future

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

try cigarettes

future anarchy will be exactly like a global prison riot

extra stout
Feb 24, 2005

ISILDUR's ERR

nomadologique posted:

lol, god drat this post

also blue train i love 22lr but wouldn't a better stereotype for a prepper person be like .38 or .301 or something

GORILLA BASTARD
Jun 20, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
No bibles? That's curious. Usually they like to stick a bible in their pics.

Maoist Pussy
Feb 12, 2014

by Lowtax
Man, Electric Daisy Carnival has gotten a whole lot more aggro.

the fart question
Mar 21, 2007

College Slice
my edc list:
bank card
house key
and on work days: work access card and locker key

how would u rate me?

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

Blue Train posted:

I guess the pen really is mightier than the sword

They literally made this joke on the page

Modest Mauser
Oct 28, 2009

Question to you American people who carry guns and large knives and whatnot :
Why do you do this and realistically do you expect to ever need to use your armaments ?
How do you envision a scenario involving the use of your weaponry to actually play out ?

I mean, I carry pepper spray but I realise ultimately it is almost entirely to make myself feel safer and does not actually give me much of an edge at all.
I assume having a great big stupid gun on your person at all times is a similar phenomenon.

psyopmonkey
Nov 15, 2008

by Lowtax

gender illusionist posted:

my edc list:
bank card
house key
and on work days: work access card and locker key

how would u rate me?

Doing great buddy.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

why do all those nerds carry logbooks?

psyopmonkey
Nov 15, 2008

by Lowtax

etalian posted:

why do all those nerds carry logbooks?

To make notes when they have a negligent discharge and kill someone in a crowded area.

Nice Guy Patron
Jun 29, 2015

GORILLA BASTARD posted:

No bibles? That's curious. Usually they like to stick a bible in their pics.

http://www.acmeapproved.com/collections/everyday-carry/products/bulletproof-bible

They should carry a Bulletproof Bible! Jesus helps those who help themselves!

If you want something other than the King James version, you're out of luck.

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

psyopmonkey posted:

To make notes when they have a negligent discharge and kill someone in a crowded area.

i hav ea negligent discharge 2 or 3 times a day LOL

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

AND YES it's usually in public!

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

extra stout posted:

lol, god drat this post

also blue train i love 22lr but wouldn't a better stereotype for a prepper person be like .38 or .301 or something

22 is more versatile and suited towards currency; it won't obliterate small game but can still be used to take deer and is light enough that carrying hundreds of rounds won't slow you down. now when it comes time for human killing, its all about .300 blackout

Heath posted:

They literally made this joke on the page

ugh but not surprising cold steel is shameless af

cool sword videos tho

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

psyopmonkey posted:

LOL this.

Modest Mauser posted:

Why do you do this and realistically do you expect to ever need to use your armaments ?
How do you envision a scenario involving the use of your weaponry to actually play out ?

I should just be sarcastic, but here, have a serious post for once.

At the time that I did carry I would routinely have large amounts of cash on me, for deposits and such from work. I would also work night turn, with seven other people and an open door. On one occasion we did have a break in, things were stolen, but no one was harmed.

I envision me making GBS threads myself with terror as I intentionally end another life that is currently threatening mine. Afterwards I get to live with the soul crushing guilt of having taken another human being's life, regardless of the circumstances that led up to it.

Goku.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Young Freud posted:

It would probably look something like this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UK2zQmre8Uw

"...was busted when the owner of the pawn shop notice him limping out of the store..."

this is also the most uniquely american thing for how a pawn shop at AKs and AR15s for sale.

psyopmonkey
Nov 15, 2008

by Lowtax
I wanna know how many of these asstards have ever taken retention training or have any idea what type of ammo they should be carrying.

I kinda think its a bunch of manbaby idiots with cowboy fantasies.

Guns are dumb and I think normal people shouldnt carry them.

Modest Mauser
Oct 28, 2009

I appreciate the seriouspost, VendaGoat.

InterceptorV8
Mar 9, 2004

Loaded up and trucking.We gonna do what they say cant be done.
Yummy

Only registered members can see post attachments!

wiffle ball bat
Oct 2, 2015

by Shine

Modest Mauser posted:

I mean, I carry pepper spray but I realise ultimately it is almost entirely to make myself feel safer and does not actually give me much of an edge at all.
I assume having a great big stupid gun on your person at all times is a similar phenomenon.

what? lol. why do people say stuff like this

just being in the same room as someone getting pepper sprayed will gently caress you up. its a weapon.

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro
I carry a nice pocket knife because sometimes I have to open things and clean under my finger nails

Maoist Pussy
Feb 12, 2014

by Lowtax

Modest Mauser posted:

I only carry weapons if I am backpacking or otherwise sleeping outdoors.

Modest Mauser
Oct 28, 2009

wiffle ball bat posted:

what? lol. why do people say stuff like this

just being in the same room as someone getting pepper sprayed will gently caress you up. its a weapon.

I was not disputing the efficiency of pepper spray as a weapon. Rather, I was considering my disposition, state of mind and previous experience.
It is not a matter of it being effective or not. It is a matter of possessing the fortitude to think clearly and react in that situation.

fuccboi
Jan 5, 2004

by zen death robot

Maoist Pussy posted:

I only carry weapons if I am backpacking or otherwise sleeping outdoors.

Which is probably a pretty smart thing to do

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Modest Mauser posted:

I live in a high-crime area, and purchased my first gun when I was robbed at gunpoint. I have had occasion to pull my gun three times, once when someone tried to pull me out of my car through the window in a road rage incident, once when my cousins jealous crazy boyfriend came up behind me with a knife for "talking to his woman," and once when someone tried to rob my brother at gunpoint (I was in the car and came up from the guys side, yelled out with my gun pointed at him). All three times the assailant has run off once the gun came out. I would rather not shoot someone and am glad that I've not had to, but also know that there is no reason to pull a gun out unless you are willing to use it.

GORILLA BASTARD
Jun 20, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

psyopmonkey posted:

I wanna know how many of these asstards have ever taken retention training or have any idea what type of ammo they should be carrying.

I kinda think its a bunch of manbaby idiots with cowboy fantasies.

Guns are dumb and I think normal people shouldnt carry them.

Wanna bet that even fewer of them have actually served their country? And no, the Air Force still wouldn't count. It's a power fantasy where they get to kill a black guy & get away with it.

fuccboi
Jan 5, 2004

by zen death robot
We shouldnt have brought slaves to the New World, is what I'm taking away from this.

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

quote:

I would rather not shoot someone and am glad that I've not had to, but also know that there is no reason to pull a gun out unless you are willing to use it.

i have never unsheathed my sword... because a sword unsheathed -- must drink blood

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Blue Train posted:

I live in a high-crime area, and purchased my first gun when I was robbed at gunpoint. I have had occasion to pull my gun three times, once when someone tried to pull me out of my car through the window in a road rage incident, once when my cousins jealous crazy boyfriend came up behind me with a knife for "talking to his woman," and once when someone tried to rob my brother at gunpoint (I was in the car and came up from the guys side, yelled out with my gun pointed at him). All three times the assailant has run off once the gun came out. I would rather not shoot someone and am glad that I've not had to, but also know that there is no reason to pull a gun out unless you are willing to use it.

you could've also led to people being killed when they wouldn't have without your escalation.

wiffle ball bat
Oct 2, 2015

by Shine

Modest Mauser posted:

I was not disputing the efficiency of pepper spray as a weapon. Rather, I was considering my disposition, state of mind and previous experience.
It is not a matter of it being effective or not. It is a matter of possessing the fortitude to think clearly and react in that situation.

then you probably shouldnt carry a weapon all the time???

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005
Oh god no, this thread is taking a turn for the worst.

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

Blue Train posted:

lol

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro
I work as a private investigator, but very rarely do I have to leave my office for actual work. When I do, I still don;t carry a gun because I'm not going to put myself in a situation where one would need to be used.

I have a .38 revolver that I keep loaded with snake shot and a Walther PPK I like to shoot at the range once every few months. Can't really imagine ever using either to kill something bigger than a rattlesnake

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Maoist Pussy
Feb 12, 2014

by Lowtax
I am going to condescendingly give you all my Yoda-like opinion about violence now.

• Locked thread