Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
a bay
Oct 14, 2014

by Lowtax
Let's talk about the posts on the forums that we have reported and what happened next. I will go first since I have reported one post and it was a guy complaining about people not getting probated for posting anime and he posted an anime picture so I reported the post and he got a 6 hours probation I think

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jenny jones fan
Dec 24, 2007
I reported this post (due to its extreme terribleness).

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

you should kill yourself and so should anyone else who uses the snitch button

ZombieParts
Jul 18, 2009

ASK ME ABOUT VISITING PROSTITUTES IN CHINA AND FEELING NO SHAME. MY FRIEND IS SERIOUSLY THE (PATHETIC) YODA OF PAYING WOMEN TO TOUCH HIS (AND MY) DICK. THEY WOULDN'T DO IT OTHERWISE.
snitches get stitches

Pookum
Mar 5, 2011

gaming is life
I only report them if its a low content post or lacking punctuation here in the GBS forum

Pookum
Mar 5, 2011

gaming is life
As per the stickied rules thread

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
i report all of the posts that are just people say that they're gay. you know the ones. not because it's no-quality poo poo-posting, but because my religion forbids homosexuality. homo sex is sin, in fact. so i want these people to burn in hell. barring that, having them reported and banned by the dutiful, dedicated, moderatorship of these fine boards will have to do

a bay
Oct 14, 2014

by Lowtax

Pookum posted:

I only report them if its a low content post or lacking punctuation here in the GBS forum

Thank you for doing your part to help keep this board from being as bad as a lot of these goon style guys want it to be

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

op your mom reported that she was soaked in my jizz post coitus

Kuato
Feb 25, 2005

"I CAN'T BELIEVE I ATE THE WHOLE THING"
Buglord
Never have and I never will. :smug:

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
I think I reported something one time but it was a long time ago and I can't remember why or what the post was about.

a bay
Oct 14, 2014

by Lowtax
I think a good kind of post to report would be the one that guys who are angry about racism make where they say the full N word as a way of making fun of racists

Nut to Butt
Apr 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
report is for bitches, ignore is for cowards

a bay
Oct 14, 2014

by Lowtax
I don't have platinum now and it's a good thing too because I would probably be reporting all these off topic no content posts by guys who think it is bad rear end to pay for a feature and not use it

drunkb
Aug 14, 2009

The Great Twist
There is a report button?

a bay
Oct 14, 2014

by Lowtax

drunkb posted:

There is a report button?

Yeah it comes with the platinum upgrade that costs 10$ and also includes private messages which I am assuming the cosa nostra of online dudes acting tough in this thread also have no use for

drunkb
Aug 14, 2009

The Great Twist

a bay posted:

Yeah it comes with the platinum upgrade that costs 10$ and also includes private messages which I am assuming the cosa nostra of online dudes acting tough in this thread also have no use for

I bought the search function once lmao

serious norman
Dec 13, 2007

im pickle rick!!!!
I only report Ralp

a bay
Oct 14, 2014

by Lowtax
As tempting as it probably is to the people that read his posts I'm sure that even reporting Ralp is a big fail if you want to be like Tony Montana from the movie Scarface on the something awful forums

Nut to Butt
Apr 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
im the online cosa nostra :whatup:

Decebal
Jan 6, 2010

a bay posted:

Let's talk about the posts on the forums that we have reported and what happened next. I will go first since I have reported one post and it was a guy complaining about people not getting probated for posting anime and he posted an anime picture so I reported the post and he got a 6 hours probation I think

Where is this report button everyone keeps talking about ? I too would like to take petty revenge on the people who disagree with me.

Ahundredbux
Oct 25, 2007

The right to bear arms
No because we take care of our own much like in that movie eden lake

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer
i report bad posters but only because i'm annoyed by them and dont want them to post anymore

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

I report racist poo poo all the time

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

The Sphinxster posted:

how's that working out cause I still constantly loving see people not getting probated for it

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
I use up my limit daily. Sometimes I can't find enough poo poo to report so I gotta make the posts myself.

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Blue Train posted:

how's that working out cause I still constantly loving see people not getting probated for it

I'm not sure anyone knows exactly where the line is.

Decebal
Jan 6, 2010

The Sphinxster posted:

I don't think I ever saw something that I considered hurtful (to me).

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
i have never reported any posts, snitches get stiches

Demonachizer
Aug 7, 2004
I report people all the time because I am a troll and an anarchist. I sometimes report people for breaking rules that I don't even think should be rules.

Aug 4, 2010

no never

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

the ultimate anarchic act: reporting someone to the authorities

Whiskey Sours
Jan 25, 2014

Weather proof.
Every page I read, I report at least one post. Keeps the mods on their toes.

Decebal
Jan 6, 2010
Do mods have to respond to every report ?? I would just delete most of them because I'm lazy .

Demonachizer
Aug 7, 2004
Fun fact:

You can't report your own posts. You can get to the screen where you fill out the reason but when you hit submit it says a random funny thing from a pool of responses.

Decebal posted:

Do mods have to respond to every report ?? I would just delete most of them because I'm lazy .

There was a mod forum leak once about reports. There is a form that has to be filled out for each one listing assessment and resolution and poo poo.

sluggo is mad
Jan 14, 2012

Buglord
i dont read anyones posts, why would i report them

Decebal
Jan 6, 2010

Demonachizer posted:

There was a mod forum leak once about reports. There is a form that has to be filled out for each one listing assessment and resolution and poo poo.

Sounds tedious and boring. Like something that only money would incentivize you to do.

Moon Atari
Dec 26, 2010

Demonachizer posted:

Fun fact:

You can't report your own posts.

It seems like you might be able to add yourself to your own blocklist though, but I haven't actually clicked the button for fear of breaking the forums/missing out on huffing my own posts.

Ixtlilton
Mar 10, 2012

How to Draw
by Rube Goldberg

Yep, I've gotten like 4 people banned. 3 of which were on one guy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

flerp
Feb 25, 2014
i think i reported some nws photos

• Locked thread