Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Rookie of the Year
This poll is closed.
Towns 36 29.75%
Russell 2 1.65%
Okafor 19 15.70%
The Zinger 39 32.23%
Hezonja 5 4.13%
Blockenstein's monster 18 14.88%
Mudiay 2 1.65%
Total: 121 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Spite
Jul 27, 2001

Small chance of that...
Harden would look a whole lot better if he stopped jacking up terrible 3's. There's no universe where he should be taking 10 a game. Even Curry really shouldn't shoot 10 a game.

My hot sports take: he didn't stay in shape in the offseason and driving to the hoop constantly is tiring as gently caress. Jacking a 3 is way less effort. I also call this The Baron Davis.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spite
Jul 27, 2001

Small chance of that...
Only 3 AST tonight Curry, step your game up.

Spite
Jul 27, 2001

Small chance of that...
Everyone is hitting everything in this game. Hopefully Speights also goes crazy.

Spite
Jul 27, 2001

Small chance of that...
Steph is way more aggressive on defense this year. He's gotten pretty good, I think. He has super fast hands so that helps.

Spite
Jul 27, 2001

Small chance of that...
Steph too open.

Spite
Jul 27, 2001

Small chance of that...
Pistons look pretty good. They'll be a nice playoff team this year I think.

Reggie gonna shoot them out of this game though.

Akbar posted:

dubs ball movement is A++

Except when they make the extra pass to the defender.

Spite
Jul 27, 2001

Small chance of that...
Curry's getting the poo poo fouled out of him all over the court, hahaha.

Spite
Jul 27, 2001

Small chance of that...
Curry needs to get better at working the refs. Harden would have fouled Caldwell Pope out by now.

Spite
Jul 27, 2001

Small chance of that...

OBi posted:

Man the Pistons do look good, I could totally see them doing very well in the east.

I'm impressed. And Van Gundy is a very good coach.

They're gonna make some noise. They're really going to benefit from light officiating. If they run into a crew that calls touch fouls they'll get into trouble quick, I think.

Spite
Jul 27, 2001

Small chance of that...
Bogut hitting jumpers?

Spite
Jul 27, 2001

Small chance of that...
Warriors playing sloppy as hell. Mo has turned back into a pumpkin, apparently.

Spite
Jul 27, 2001

Small chance of that...
That was a hilariously terrible call.

I wonder if/when Curry will get that holding call consistently. It would make him even more ridiculous. And that was a goaltend, wasn't it?

Spite
Jul 27, 2001

Small chance of that...
GSW is back in that meh, we'll try harder later if we have to mode that they got into a couple times last season. I think they're missing Kerr now.

And I wonder if someone told Curry to stop taking 30' shots. He hasn't taken one in a while. Which is boring.

Spite
Jul 27, 2001

Small chance of that...
Haven't seen GSW get hosed by officiating in a while.

Spite
Jul 27, 2001

Small chance of that...

warcrimes posted:

I haven't had any complaints this year but it's been one-way ticky tacky poo poo all night but it's the 17 loving turnovers on sloppy poo poo.

Yeah the turnovers are the ugly part. Curry's offseason juice has worn off, too.

But some consistent officiating would be nice.

I think Memphis is better with Randolph on the bench at this point. They should just pick and roll him to death.

Spite
Jul 27, 2001

Small chance of that...
That's a horrible call - should have been offensive on Z-bo or nothing at all. They'll start the doubling now I'd guess.

Spite
Jul 27, 2001

Small chance of that...

warcrimes posted:

lol @ that blocking even being debatable

I mean, how is the crowd actually chanting at the refs for that call? That's like the easiest call all night.

And of course, Memphis gets a touch foul.

This is the worst officiating I've seen this year, it's kind of amazing.

Spite
Jul 27, 2001

Small chance of that...
I hope GSW complains to the league after this - this is embarrassing.

Spite
Jul 27, 2001

Small chance of that...
Now the calls are just terrible all around, what the gently caress?

Spite
Jul 27, 2001

Small chance of that...
Let's call fouls every time down the floor, that will be fun.

Spite
Jul 27, 2001

Small chance of that...
So how long until LAC stops playing Lance? Does he have to punch someone after getting a call he doesn't like? Or will Doc keep starting him for toughness or some poo poo?

Spite
Jul 27, 2001

Small chance of that...

Dejan Bimble posted:

Poor Andre has no idea how to defend Cousins. If Monroe was here there'd be no problem. Cousins really deserves a better team. Reggie is playing hurt and it shows. Rondo is walking by him for layups.

But then they wouldn't be able to run the "Reggie jacks up a million shots of PnR so Drummond can get putbacks" offense.

Reggie's really a better defender (when healthy) than I gave him credit for.

Spite
Jul 27, 2001

Small chance of that...

Bashez posted:

Spurs have the best defense in the league so far this season.

I guess nobody has figured out Tony Parker plays for the Spurs.

To be fair, you have played such offensive powerhouses as the Nets and the Knicks.

Spite
Jul 27, 2001

Small chance of that...

Rick posted:

Doc Rivers teams always rebound poorly. I thought it was the shooting accuracy in Boston but it seems to just be a permanent thing.

In Boston they prioritized getting back. Except when Rondo would sneak in and grab a board, which he only got like half the time.

Defensively I thought the KG Celtics were pretty good, weren't they?

Spite
Jul 27, 2001

Small chance of that...

PotatoJudge posted:

Minnesota just does not give up

I'm really impressed with that. I blame KG because I'm not going to give Sam Mitchell the credit.

Spite
Jul 27, 2001

Small chance of that...
WTF happened to Ty Lawson? I didn't exactly expect him to thrive in Houston but he's been awful. Is he partying all the time still?

Spite
Jul 27, 2001

Small chance of that...
Is this the biggest deficit the warriors have faced all season?

Spite
Jul 27, 2001

Small chance of that...
That's an old school Kobe whistle there.

Spite
Jul 27, 2001

Small chance of that...
How do the T-Wolves shoot such a good %? I haven't seen much of them but their offense doesn't look like it should work as well as it does.

Spite
Jul 27, 2001

Small chance of that...

Grozz Nuy posted:

OKC lost to Boston by 15 at home? :stare:

Enes Kanter is the only real option on offense they have aside from having Westbrook do everything. Unless Ibaka is having a good shooting game, I guess.

Spite
Jul 27, 2001

Small chance of that...
Chalmers has shot about a billion free throws since he's been in Memphis. Definitely not what I expected.

Spite
Jul 27, 2001

Small chance of that...

PantsFreeZone posted:

it would be so Mario Chalmers to go somewhere else and have a Hall of Fame career.

No, it would be so Mario Chalmers to go somewhere else, play really well for 2 months and get their fanbase excited before crashing back down to earth in a glorious inferno.

Spite
Jul 27, 2001

Small chance of that...

Bashez posted:

Iggy's making no attempt to do anything but get his arm stuck on Lowry, you can't give him that kind of credit. If he'd made any actual attempt to get away and Lowry held him there then you can call the foul but he didn't, he wanted to play red rover with Lowry you should let him do it.

I think Iguodala's grabbing Lowry as much as he's getting pinned.

It begins with Lowry grabbing Iggy's arm with both hands.
Even if you ignore that he's setting a blatantly moving screen. He'd been doing it a couple possessions actually, and probably got warned.

Plus when the Warriors did similar poo poo on D Toronto paraded to the line. (Although Bogut got away with a lot, because he's super good at hiding poo poo)

Spite
Jul 27, 2001

Small chance of that...
I had a feeling GSW's crappy play would catch up to them.

Curry still turns the ball over 1/3 of the time if you trap him. Hopefully he can steal some of Nash's magic.

Spite
Jul 27, 2001

Small chance of that...

straight up brolic posted:

warriors posters exposed as well, you all are in here incessantly dutch ruddering into the void when you all are winning...where you at now?

Most of us are still here. Though a bunch of the old school warriors people haven't been posting as much recently.

It's good for them to be taken down a notch so maybe they actually realize they can't just win on talent alone. I think they are really missing Kerr at this point.

Spite
Jul 27, 2001

Small chance of that...
Conley looks like he's regained his mojo. Though that's some terrible Houston D. I mean, drat, they at least tried to fight through screens on the perimeter last year.

Spite
Jul 27, 2001

Small chance of that...

vibratingsheep posted:

Draymond Green's body would break down in 2 years if he had to keep banging against dudes with a 5 inch 60 pound advantage on him.

Yeah, that's the problem with bringing out that lineup. Unless he's made of whatever crazy stuff Rodman is made of. Rodman was like 6'7" tops, probably right around Green's size.

And the less they use it, the less reps people will have defending it. Cleveland's probably had the most experience guarding it by now.

Spite
Jul 27, 2001

Small chance of that...
Zinger is going to be really good unless he gets hooked on cocaine or something.

That last HOU possession gave me flashbacks to the Monta Ellis warriors.

Spite
Jul 27, 2001

Small chance of that...

chunkles posted:

luis scola has been having good old man post games. im glad he is on the raptors where dwane casey plays him despite it being inadvisable

He was probably born with old man post moves. And holy poo poo, he's 35 already, I feel old.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spite
Jul 27, 2001

Small chance of that...
It's kind of funny that Walton is making the same mistakes Kerr did at the start of last year with lineups. Curry or Klay need to always be in or their spacing is hosed.

Denver is hitting shots too.

Warriors playing sloppy as well, as usual.

• Locked thread