Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Rookie of the Year
This poll is closed.
Towns 36 29.75%
Russell 2 1.65%
Okafor 19 15.70%
The Zinger 39 32.23%
Hezonja 5 4.13%
Blockenstein's monster 18 14.88%
Mudiay 2 1.65%
Total: 121 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
It turns out Mike Miller is a bad enough defender to make R Kelly effective.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
Lakers bench 2-13

Rick
Feb 23, 2004

The Glumslinger posted:

Why is Ryan Kelly now playing center?

Byron Scott has responded to his criticism from last year and is using modern small ball offense. :downs:

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
Russell has a beautiful jumper.

Randle lost an eye.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004

The Glumslinger posted:

His game did

Also, so is Randle

Hey he is having a career year below the arc.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
People wonder why Black isn't in the rotation: dude can't avoid fouls.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
People who just look at the stats have no idea how awful those Mudiay makes actually were.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
Lebron is a hero.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
Chauncey is a nice addition to this team, if they cut them loose ESPN might actually have a good halftime show . . . but we know that won't happen.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
Of course I zone out while the Pacers are on and miss Russell having his best game so far.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004

Mr. Mambold posted:

Is anybody watching Miami-Indy? Those Pacers uniforms make OKC look fashionable. Thought I'd toss that out there

I like the color scheme but different top/bottom is never something I'm down with.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
Nick Young is going to miss every three he shoots for a week while his three point shot regresses to his career average.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
MWP, especially in "I ONLY CARE ABOUT DEFENSE" mode is a pleasure to watch.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
Lakers should play all their games in front of a crowd that actually appreciates them, in Brooklyn.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
Whyyyyyyy is Russell being taken out??

Rick
Feb 23, 2004

Kibner posted:

Who knows what evil lurks in the hearts of rookies? Byron Scott knows.

It is so painful. Especially when Lou Williams seems to be a mess in late game situations.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004

boxcarhobo posted:

"I can still listen to pearl jam"

"who's taylor swift"

who is the color man for this pacers heat game

R&B superstar from the 90s, Jon-B.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004

The Glumslinger posted:

Kobe isn't going to play tonight, it looks like

It's funny, the team looks neither better or worse without him.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
Benching Russell every time he makes a mistake is totally going to teach him to play.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
MWP is 7 for 9 for threes on the year.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004

EvanTH posted:

perhaps it's because he's good at basketball and came to show the youngsters a few things

also if you don't get weak I think 3p% might even improve as people age but I'm just thinking of John Stockton shooting .462 during 00-01 when he was 38 and old ray allen (let's say jesus shuttlesworth in the harrowing of san antonio) in the super bowl

I'm honestly pretty happy with his play, and I was a major skeptic. Just playing hard D and shooting open shots. It's too bad he's wasting it on a Lakers team going nowhere.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
I only got to see the last 4 minutes of the game because I trusted NBA's lovely app. Of course I miss Byron actually play Russell.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
Not much you can do about that.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
Brook Lopez is going to be so good in Houston in three months.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
God drat you Clippers for making that BadMan happy.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
This game is too easy for Curry right now.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
My main interest in this game at this point is seeing how the Clippers come back and win since that's normally what the Basketball Gods do in this situation. I probably would've just turned it off if Griffin wasn't ejected.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
Doc Rivers teams always rebound poorly. I thought it was the shooting accuracy in Boston but it seems to just be a permanent thing.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004

Spite posted:

In Boston they prioritized getting back. Except when Rondo would sneak in and grab a board, which he only got like half the time.

Defensively I thought the KG Celtics were pretty good, weren't they?

Yeah they definitely were. Just responding to Chuck pointing out the Clippers have been outrebounded every game so far.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
Lakers/Mavs was a pretty bad game. Would have been nice to win it though. Oh well.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004

Cool Buff Man posted:

Nice to see Byron scott play d'angelo russel the right amount of minutes one game, watch him have the best game he's had so far, and then turn around and keep him on the bench the next game after he gets off to a good start

Hey it's two fourth quarter appearances in a row. He's learning.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
The NBA App in the latest update gives me all the updates I don't want and none of the ones I do.

Oh well probably good I missed this one since I flip the Suns broadcast and Tom Chambers is way too excited about beating a 2-9 team.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004

Cool Buff Man posted:

Russell came in with a few minutes to go and scored 8 quick points. He looked good

That's good news at least.

chunkles posted:

I had the NBA app installed for about five minutes a few years ago and it wouldn't stop spamming me with updates about Bobcats games or whatever

I pay for the audio pass so they have me over a barrel, but it gets worse every single year, I don't know why I keep buying it. Like the streams are now delayed by 30 seconds and stutter every five minutes even though they're the same optimized-for-56K streams from 10 years ago.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
I'm listening to the audio of the Lakers/Raptors game while watching the Warriors/Bulls and my poor brain is so confused. "But those are the Hollywood Nights jerseys,and the court is the right color Rick!"

Rick
Feb 23, 2004

Lessail posted:

lmao it's happening

The Lakers don't play defense at all so I wouldn't worry about anything. Eventually the Raptors will figure out there's an easy lane to the hoop and that'll open up the threes and that'll be that.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
Kareem is on the Lakers audio broadcast if you have access to that.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004

Lessail posted:

it took three quarters but thank you raptors

Every Lakers game goes exactly like this my friend, unless the opposing team really shits the bed.

Kobe really tries hard to involve Russell.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
The Bulls' halfcourt offense doesn't make a lot of sense to me.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004

Niwrad posted:

The revolutionary Fred Hoiberg pace and space offense.

It creates a lot of space on the strong side . . . . by stacking everyone on the weak side so there's no outlet if the offensive move doesn't work.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
Noah would be an excellent fit with the Thunder although I don't know how to make that happen.

• Locked thread