Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
tau
Mar 20, 2003

Sigillum Universitatis Kansiensis

Alman posted:

Because I am an International Businessman with International Business Meetings but I sorta want to cancel em all and have them come here instead

Force them to come here. Who can turn down BBQ?

I'm at the main crossroads of the parade route so... :woop:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Whale Cancer
Jun 25, 2004

L-Boned posted:

I am quite certain a movie will be made about this Royals team.

Moneyball 2: Bunt, Bunt, Bunt

Moneyball 2 Mets "defense"

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.

Armitage posted:

this really sucks.

the Nats are going to be really good next year and probably for the next couple of seasons.

Our pitching is really good and young. Conforto is going to be a stud. Not all doom and gloom.

alpha_destroy
Mar 23, 2010

Billy Butler: Fat Guy by Day, Doubles Machine by Night

L-Boned posted:

I am quite certain a movie will be made about this Royals team.

Moneyball 2: Bunt, Bunt, Bunt

The best part about that is the Blue Jays will have to be the bad guys (based on ideological differences) and the game when Volquez went head hunting will be rewritten to make him the good guy.

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

"Mathman's not here." "Oh? Where is he?" "He's in the Mathroom."

davecrazy posted:

Our pitching is really good and young. Conforto is going to be a stud. Not all doom and gloom.

With Murphy and Cespedes gone, and losing a few bench pieces, it's going to feel like the Mets are right back where they started offense wise. I hope they are fairly active in hot stove and can do better than Michael Cuddyer.

Also Lagares has to get tommy John, no? Who can fill the void in CF?

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

Alman posted:

The Plaza is lit right now. Fire trucks and cars honking back and forth through the thunder and smoke of amateur fireworks. A constant tremble of yelling underscores the cacophony

lol my wife is starting her new job on the Plaza tomorrow. I wonder if she'll get the day off if there's riots

tau
Mar 20, 2003

Sigillum Universitatis Kansiensis
Good lord I'm going to be late to work tomorrow

iKickDogs
Aug 31, 2001

Armitage posted:

With Murphy and Cespedes gone, and losing a few bench pieces, it's going to feel like the Mets are right back where they started offense wise. I hope they are fairly active in hot stove and can do better than Michael Cuddyer.

Also Lagares has to get tommy John, no? Who can fill the void in CF?

This is the thread you want: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3747305

Goodnight baseball. See you in the spring.

canadianclassic
Nov 3, 2004

Time to fire up the show and make a team full of fast contact hitters and hard throwing pitchers

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

Was cool to see a team in KC win a championship for the first time in my life.

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe
Back up for work.

It wasn't a dream :toot:

Zwabu
Aug 7, 2006

This Royals team has to be the comebackiest playoff team ever. I'd be surprised if there was any team that won from being behind in the 7th or later more times than this one (in the playoffs, that is).

-Starting pitching is good so even if behind usually not unmanageable
-Most solid relief staff around so you don't give up more runs in the late game usually
-Hitting lineup that is better at feasting on the weak sisters in the other team's relief, or starters that have begun to get shaky, than any other.

Great job, Royals.

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

A good series overall

Huxley
Oct 10, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Zwabu posted:

This Royals team has to be the comebackiest playoff team ever. I'd be surprised if there was any team that won from being behind in the 7th or later more times than this one (in the playoffs, that is).

Baxate
Feb 1, 2011

Guess that means I'll be going to a White Sox v Royals game next year.
At least I'll get to see one good team. :toot:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

Whale Cancer posted:

Moneyball 2 Mets "defense"

Turn Up For Bunt: The 2016 World Series Champions Kansas City Royals

• Locked thread