Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
flerp
Feb 25, 2014
dorks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Linux Pirate
Apr 21, 2012

doo doo bottoms

a bay
Oct 14, 2014

by Lowtax
Some good nouns already and more to come as well but I think we can also expand the purview of this thread to include the adjectives like turdy

unlimited shrimp
Aug 30, 2008

loquacius posted:

Associating your target with men and with male culture (read: bros) as a pejorative is acceptable because it is punching up :eng101:
that may be true but the original meaning was synonymous with "dandy" or "fop" (which are 18th century slang for genderqueer)

Maoist Pussy
Feb 12, 2014

by Lowtax
Basically, there are no insults that don't ultimately mean "man who is like a woman".

JiveHonky
May 12, 2001

by zen death robot
Grimey Drawer

Maoist Pussy posted:

Basically, there are no insults that don't ultimately mean "man who is like a woman".

child person.

i said this earlier.

Maoist Pussy
Feb 12, 2014

by Lowtax
You cannot destroy the master's house with the master's tools. All insults are, ultimately, misogynistic and serve only to make the Patriarchy stronger.

unlimited shrimp
Aug 30, 2008

Maoist Pussy posted:

You cannot destroy the master's house with the master's tools. All insults are, ultimately, misogynistic and serve only to make the Patriarchy stronger.

um im pretty sure you can destroy the masters house with his hammers and stuff actually

Helical Nightmares
Apr 30, 2009

Maoist Pussy posted:

Manchild?

serious norman
Dec 13, 2007

im pickle rick!!!!
I'm a SJW.

fuck the ROW
Aug 29, 2008

by zen death robot
fart fag frat member >8) refluckicker.... poo poo... piss and poo poo... poo poo pisser

Maoist Pussy
Feb 12, 2014

by Lowtax

What did you say, shitlord?

a bay
Oct 14, 2014

by Lowtax

gently caress the ROW posted:

fart fag frat member >8) refluckicker.... poo poo... piss and poo poo... poo poo pisser

Nice, just let it flow through you man

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug
There's a lot of overlap between calling someone juvenile as a pejorative and calling someone woman-like as a pejorative. Many negative qualities stereotyped to women are basically stuff you expect children to do, granted manchild itself is usually more focused on hobbies than behaviors but in the general sense of saying someone is behaving childishly it's not far off from saying they're acting like a little girl.

EXTREME INSERTION
Jun 4, 2011

by LadyAmbien

Maoist Pussy posted:

Butthead!

JiveHonky
May 12, 2001

by zen death robot
Grimey Drawer

ArbitraryC posted:

There's a lot of overlap between calling someone juvenile as a pejorative and calling someone woman-like as a pejorative. Many negative qualities stereotyped to women are basically stuff you expect children to do, granted manchild itself is usually more focused on hobbies than behaviors but in the general sense of saying someone is behaving childishly it's not far off from saying they're acting like a little girl.

no you made that up.

JiveHonky
May 12, 2001

by zen death robot
Grimey Drawer

"There's a lot of overlap between calling someone Butthead as a pejorative and calling someone woman-like as a pejorative. Many negative qualities stereotyped to women are basically stuff you expect buttheads to do, granted butthead itself is usually more focused on headshape than behaviors but in the general sense of saying someone is behaving buttheadishly it's not far off from saying they're acting like a little girl."

mmmmmmmmm. yes. i c

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug

JiveHonky posted:

no you made that up.
Beyond the historical context of households treating women as dependents what comes to mind when you call someone childish? They're being naive, not acting responsibly, letting their emotions get the better of them, throwing fits/tantrums, crying, acting irrationally, this is all stuff that is similarly used to dismiss women.

The idea that many societies have in the past or do presently encourage or expect women to act in a childlike manner isn't really a contentious assertion."Man of the house" essentially means "adult of the house".

a bay
Oct 14, 2014

by Lowtax
Somebody should come up with a new insult to use against that guy

Coolie Ghost
Jan 16, 2013

sensible dissent dispenser
white dudes

Mahnarch
Jan 7, 2008

Landing?
Do, or Do Not.
There is no 'Try'.
Vagiphobe.

the trump tutelage posted:

um im pretty sure you can destroy the masters house with his hammers and stuff actually

What if he made a hammer that even HE couldn't lift?!

Are we talking about God, here?

diamond dog
Jul 27, 2010

by merry exmarx
bad tweeter

Maoist Pussy
Feb 12, 2014

by Lowtax
biggit

diamond dog
Jul 27, 2010

by merry exmarx
spivak

flerp
Feb 25, 2014

you are dumb

flerp
Feb 25, 2014
your face is kinda ugly

A Stupid Baby
Dec 31, 2002

lip up fatty

Gammatron 64 posted:

I like using the word oval office, because americans freak the gently caress out if you say oval office. retard as well

like you can say "motherfucker" like it aint no thang, but oh no, oval office and retard are off limits these days

nobody freaks out if you say oval office unless theyre an old christian lady. plenty of actual militant anti gay people still live here and use "human being" so expect to be avoided with the same frequency as a person who frequently drops "friend of the family" on convos

i will die on retard hill though

Tolkien minority
Feb 14, 2012

im going to be honest im a straight white male in the us of a thats sad my female friends get mad at me for saying oval office

its a real fun word :smith:

Linux Pirate
Apr 21, 2012

A Stupid Baby posted:

Kleen_TheRacistDog
Feb 17, 2014

Can't bust the Krust fuckman
www.skullmund.com
the best insult is ignoring them.

Eumenides
Sep 24, 2007

This is the face of Lawful Good!

Fun Shoe
ubermensch

Kuda
Feb 2, 2005
trapped in oklahoma please send help

A Stupid Baby posted:

Eumenides
Sep 24, 2007

Fun Shoe
The Enlightened Ones (TEO)

Eumenides
Sep 24, 2007

Fun Shoe
Maesters of Correctness

Eumenides
Sep 24, 2007

Fun Shoe
Xir Holiness

Sergg
Sep 19, 2005

I was rejected by the:

I'm a liberal male Democrat who self-identifies as a feminist and I was a member of Human Rights Watch for awhile, where do I fall on the SJW spectrum?

Eumenides
Sep 24, 2007

Fun Shoe

Sergg posted:

I'm a liberal male Democrat who self-identifies as a feminist and I was a member of Human Rights Watch for awhile, where do I fall on the SJW spectrum?

more like a lieberal snail Dumbocrat feminazi who hates American Rights

EXTREME INSERTION
Jun 4, 2011

by LadyAmbien

JiveHonky posted:

"There's a lot of overlap between calling someone Butthead as a pejorative and calling someone woman-like as a pejorative. Many negative qualities stereotyped to women are basically stuff you expect buttheads to do, granted butthead itself is usually more focused on headshape than behaviors but in the general sense of saying someone is behaving buttheadishly it's not far off from saying they're acting like a little girl."

mmmmmmmmm. yes. i c

BUTTHEAD.

EXTREME INSERTION
Jun 4, 2011

by LadyAmbien

A Stupid Baby posted:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Maoist Pussy
Feb 12, 2014

by Lowtax

Sergg posted:

Somewhere between brogressive and barely-tolerated ally.

• Locked thread